Page 191 of 274 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193201241 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,820 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    High numbers???
    5298 cases
    260 deaths

Banned
    vCash
    I went fishing today. It?s much easier from my couch than it was on the reservoir this morning. You so easy bro.
    Oh man you really got me. You understood my comment and roasted me. Oh whatever will I do. You got me.

vCash
    I agree 100%. Now we?re seeing what this was all about. It was a scare tactic but now there?s a better story.

In all seriousness, it?s amazing how the media flipped the script. It?s like Covid ain?t shit now as long as you are a protester. But damn you if you go to the beach or eat at a restaurant!!!
    The virus is still there and is getting pretty serious in places in Mississippi. The media is basically a bunch of morons that aren't capable of doing anything more complicated than talk about what others do. You need to realize they are stupid and have an agenda. It's hard to overestimate just how incredibly stupid they are. That is very dangerous. I believe in the freedom of the press but the current press in the US needs to be disbanded and prohibited from ever being in the media again.

vCash
    Univ. of Pittsburgh doctors say covid19 appears to be weakening

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...g-potency.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    The virus is still there and is getting pretty serious in places in Mississippi. The media is basically a bunch of morons that aren't capable of doing anything more complicated than talk about what others do. You need to realize they are stupid and have an agenda. It's hard to overestimate just how incredibly stupid they are. That is very dangerous. I believe in the freedom of the press but the current press in the US needs to be disbanded and prohibited from ever being in the media again.
    This is definitely something we agree on.

vCash
    Michigan began reporting probable cases and deaths today. You can read about it at Covid Tracking.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Univ. of Pittsburgh doctors say covid19 appears to be weakening

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...g-potency.html
    What I am seeing/hearing is the reported cases of it may be going up or spiking but the hospitalizations appear to be going down. To me, that's good. It sounds to me that they may be seeing the same thing I am.

vCash
    Norway Scientist Claims Report Proves Coronavirus Was Lab-Made

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidni.../#dc97602121d8

vCash
    Almost all states have reported, and we're less than 400 deaths. This could be lowest total since March.

vCash
    There are lots of early indications for spikes in the early opening states. That is no surprise. It will be interesting to see what effect the protests have. The CDC point blank says if you went to one you need to be tested. The people that protested were basically selfish in the extreme and had NO consideration for their fellow humans. I agree with them on what happened, but they obviously don't care about the unintended results of their actions.

vCash
    MS cases and deaths are down a good bit the last 4 days. Good stuff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Hospitalization rate, ICU, and ventilators down too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    What I am seeing/hearing is the reported cases of it may be going up or spiking but the hospitalizations appear to be going down. To me, that's good. It sounds to me that they may be seeing the same thing I am.
    My brother is in the Starkville hospital. 50% chance he is going on ventilator.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Hospitalization rate, ICU, and ventilators down too
    That's great news!

As has been discussed previously that deaths were being counted as COVID regardless, I'm seeing reports that pneumonia deaths are up dramatically now - especially in FL.

Of course, there are other reports that this isn't the case. Below are some excerpts from a Tampa Bay article:

"Federal health data is complicated, and the CDC has multiple portals with information that can be pulled in a variety of ways. Researchers spend years learning how to accurately parse the statistics."

"Not all the doubt over Florida?s coronavirus numbers can be tied to disbelief over the state?s avoidance of modelers? worst expectations. This month, a Department of Health employee who was overseeing the state?s online data dashboard said she was forced to resign and had been pressured to manipulate data to support a plan to begin reopening businesses and public spaces. Ferr? said the woman had been insubordinate; the health department has denied manipulating data".

"Officials have also apparently clashed with Florida?s medical examiners, who said they had been told not to report information on deaths from the coronavirus that they believed was public. The medical examiners had been sharing higher death totals than the Department of Health."

"Those scenarios likely offered fuel for the online rumors, but Howard said the reality is Americans simply will not know the real toll of the pandemic for years."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tam...outputType=amp

In summary, I guess what I'm saying is that the media lies, the government lies, and no one has a clue on this whole thing. Public data is so "complicated" that a layman can't run it to see what's happening and even if they could, there are so many asterisks to the numbers that they've already been manipulated prior to being entered.

vCash
    The media should be embarrassed about this whole thing but they won’t be. They have a new shiny toy to play with and tell us how terrible we all are. The media is this country has become dangerous and an enemy of the state.

Banned
    vCash
    The media should be embarrassed about this whole thing but they won’t be. They have a new shiny toy to play with and tell us how terrible we all are. The media is this country has become dangerous and an enemy of the state.
    Yes let's blame the media for these protests and not the system that allows all these instances of police brutality. Yes the media is the bad guys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    Yes let's blame the media for these protests and not the system that allows all these instances of police brutality. Yes the media is the bad guys.
    Don't break the law. It's pretty simple really.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RezDog7 View Post
    No it's not that simple. By in large the police do a good job. But there are officers who, even if they are not abusive, harass people when they shouldn't. It happened to me. I had dark tinted windows. Officer pulled me over and said it was because he noticed I was going 60 in a 70. Then started asking where I'd been and was I drinking. I said no, I had a spare tire on. I was respectful and let it go.

I know the numbers say police brutality is less against blacks per police encounter than against whites, but I think blacks, at least in the south, are harassed more (pulled over for no reason, etc). That's what needs to end, and both the police and black community can help with that. I hope the dialogue encompasses that at some point.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RezDog7 View Post
    Breonna Taylor was killed because police performed a no-knock raid with plain-clothes on. They went to the wrong house. And by wrong house I mean it was no where even close to where they should have been. (As in not even the same neighborhood, road name not similar, etc.)

The only one arrested from the incident was her significant other. Last week he finally had his charges dropped. The killers I mean police still walk free.

For you to say "don't break the law," means you are willfully being ignorant at this point.

Sidenote: $20 is not worth killing over. That would be an 8th amendment violation (cruel and unusual punishment.)

So it's pretty simple, police should be held accountable for breaking the law. Which is what people are protesting for.

vCash
    I was mostly talking about the pandemic, but carry on.