Page 190 of 274 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192200240 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,800 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    The real threat isn't fleeting contact, esp outdoors. It's contact greater than 5 minutes, esp indoors. You still should wear a mask indoors in public spaces always. If you are going to be sitting next to someone at an outdoor event you need to too.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    All models have shown already to be BS. This will bear out in the next 3-6 months. For a month social distancing and congestion everywhere I've been has been normal to excessive. Just got back from Smokey Mtns last week. Most crowded I've seen in some time. If any predictions were worth two cents, half world would be dead now.

Yes virus is real but severity and reaction are not. There is a reason they didn't call it something flu. Flu doesn't scare anyone. Corona virus didn't stick either because virus doesn't scare anyone. A new name for a new disease gets everyone scared and ready to follow whatever they are told. Covid19 sounds bad. Psychological warfare 101.
    I was in the Smokies last weekend as well. I have NEVER seen it so crowded. Friday night wasn?t bad but Saturday the streets of Gatlinburg were packed. Took 3 hours to go thru Cades Cove and every major trail had overflow parking. I?d say less than 10% of people wore masks. Ate at the Local Goat in Pigeon Forge Sunday and it seemed to running at around full capacity. Servers were gloved but no masks. If you weren?t aware of the pandemic you?d never know it had happened by being there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. If the virus is as Contagious as experts keep saying there should be massive spikes in all these cities where protest and riots have been going on cause social distancing was sure not being practiced.
    I think the heat and being out side is going to save them. Plus I didn't see any old people or oxygen machines. They will probably be ok. Who knows in a wierd way it might enable football to return with fans in the stadium.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bruce Dickinson View Post
    Hahaha!!

Banned
    vCash
    Heard Chicago shut down it's testing centers

The protests are going to have the side affect of limiting the testing done. I wouldn't be surprised to see the numbers dipped regardless as the unrest continues to mount.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    Heard Chicago shut down it's testing centers

The protests are going to have the side affect of limiting the testing done. I wouldn't be surprised to see the numbers dipped regardless as the unrest continues to mount.
    This is true. Testing centers have not operated the past couple days. I'm not 100% sure, but they'll likely reopen tomorrow, as things finally started to calm down on Tuesday afternoon. I think testing will have to resume in some capacity given the outbreak potential - we went into Phase 3 on Wednesday, access to the Loop was restored after being cut off for 3 days (bridges were raised, ramps blocked, and CTA service suspended), and although looting has subsided, peaceful protests continue apace. The last three months have been rough. Although shelter-in-place has been lifted, there is now a city-wide curfew between 9pm and 6am.
    Last edited by DeltaChicagoDog; 06-04-2020 at 03:21 AM.

vCash
    The lancet retracts their Hydroxychloroquine study

https://www.thelancet.com/lancet/art..._medium=social

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    The lancet retracts their Hydroxychloroquine study

https://www.thelancet.com/lancet/art..._medium=social
    What's this mean?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    What's this mean?
    This explains it better...

https://www.statnews.com/2020/06/04/...malaria-drugs/

vCash
    Well ain't that some ****

vCash
    My older brother who had Prostrate cancer that spread to his back and has been in and out of nurshing home tested positive. He is over weight and sick. He's pretty tough. He is in good cheer. I think he will be ok. He believes he caught it at the doctors office.
    Last edited by Jack Lambert; 06-04-2020 at 11:04 PM.

vCash
    Decent article summarizing what is going on in Georgia and why there may not be a spike due to re-opening (don't discount it just because its Vox) https://www.vox.com/2020/6/4/2126776...es-deaths-data

I would add one more thing from my observations - while Kemp didn't shut things down until April, a significant number of Georgia's urban centers and small cities shut down a week to 10 days earlier, with Atlanta being the primary one. Add to it, that I know many people who were on "work from home" status by March 20th-ish. So, while the state may not have done the best job, pro-active cities and counties probably made a difference.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Decent article summarizing what is going on in Georgia and why there may not be a spike due to re-opening (don't discount it just because its Vox) https://www.vox.com/2020/6/4/2126776...es-deaths-data

I would add one more thing from my observations - while Kemp didn't shut things down until April, a significant number of Georgia's urban centers and small cities shut down a week to 10 days earlier, with Atlanta being the primary one. Add to it, that I know many people who were on "work from home" status by March 20th-ish. So, while the state may not have done the best job, pro-active cities and counties probably made a difference.
    That sounds like a good job to me. Viruses don't spread on a statewide basis and it doesn't make a lot of sense for the state to dictate to counties and cities how to operate on something like this. Make information available and offer guidance, but unless state law is set up where local governments don't have the power they need, there doesn't seem to be any reason to shut down on statewide basis. Where I live shut down before the rest of the state (as we probably should have at the time based on the information available, even if it was unnecessary in hindsight). Our local leaders were bitching, but they were just bitching about having to make a tough decision, since the governor obviously didn't actually need to do anything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    That sounds like a good job to me. Viruses don't spread on a statewide basis and it doesn't make a lot of sense for the state to dictate to counties and cities how to operate on something like this. Make information available and offer guidance, but unless state law is set up where local governments don't have the power they need, there doesn't seem to be any reason to shut down on statewide basis. Where I live shut down before the rest of the state (as we probably should have at the time based on the information available, even if it was unnecessary in hindsight). Our local leaders were bitching, but they were just bitching about having to make a tough decision, since the governor obviously didn't actually need to do anything.
    It was really interesting to watch, since I work in local govt. Georgia is a home rule oriented state - and Kemp and the current legislature have been pretty aggressive on exerting some power in places where traditionally the State has left things up to locals.
    In this case, the locals were ahead of the game - and put out some good local based restrictions. When Kemp finally did act, he wiped away all the local actions and gave no flexibility to local govt. to tailor anything to their needs. An area like ours needed to be able to create restrictions based on our economy and what we know - which is why we closed beaches in March (before Kemp reopened them, then DNR closed them, then they got reopened). We were in the height of Spring Break season - it probably was the difference in us having one of the lower per capita infection rates in the state. The flip side of that - the 33 counties with under 10,000 people probably could have easily just social distanced and kept everything open, and focused concern on the chicken plant they all work in and been much better off.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    The Chinese virus “shutdown” is over... after these last few days the cheerleaders for this pandemic have zero case ...
    let’s get on with our lives.. this is getting comical

Use common sense, be smart, sanitation, wash hands, basically be ****ing smart human beings. If you don’t feel safe going or doing something Don’t do it...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    The Chinese virus “shutdown” is over... after these last few days the cheerleaders for this pandemic have zero case ...
    let’s get on with our lives.. this is getting comical

Use common sense, be smart, sanitation, wash hands, basically be ****ing smart human beings. If you don’t feel safe going or doing something Don’t do it...
    I agree 100%. Now we’re seeing what this was all about. It was a scare tactic but now there’s a better story.

In all seriousness, it’s amazing how the media flipped the script. It’s like Covid ain’t shit now as long as you are a protester. But damn you if you go to the beach or eat at a restaurant!!!
    Last edited by DownwardDawg; 06-05-2020 at 06:25 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Some of you socially distanced before it was mandatory and it shows.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    Some of you socially distanced before it was mandatory and it shows.
    I went fishing today. It’s much easier from my couch than it was on the reservoir this morning. You so easy bro.

vCash
    Michigan had an awful report today

vCash
    Michigan had an awful report today
    High numbers???