Page 165 of 250 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175215 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,300 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    The regular old flu shot protects you against H1N1.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg2003 View Post
    The regular old flu shot protects you against H1N1.
    I guess that makes sense because it is a flu virus, as opposed to a coronavirus.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    It's just easier to isolate something like that. This one probably won't go away on it's on given the early indications. It's mutating already. H1N1 is still out there. I think it's still in most vaccines.
    Can you post the mutation links? I've only found one article about it and it said that the early results show minimal mutation that would probably not be enough to overcome the body's immunity to covid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Can you post the mutation links? I've only found one article about it and it said that the early results show minimal mutation that would probably not be enough to overcome the body's immunity to covid.
    I've seen several things but don't have a specific link off the top of my head. It's mutated slightly several times already. This is in an extremely short time frame. Nothing major yet that they know off but we better be aware that it's happening. Some of them have been in the spike proteins that many of the potential vaccines are targeting.

Banned
    vCash
    https://www.businessinsider.com/fema...5-masks-2020-4

Good news btw. Public outrage caught this blatant attempt at stealing American tax dollars.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    https://www.businessinsider.com/fema...5-masks-2020-4

Good news btw. Public outrage caught this blatant attempt at stealing American tax dollars.
    Again with the political. The thread has been tolerable without you bringing this in here.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post
    Again with the political. The thread has been tolerable without you bringing this in here.
    It's not political, it was an attempt at theft of american tax dollars under the guise of Covid-19 relief efforts.

It directly relates to information about how we are moving forward in our relief efforts.

vCash
    It's not political, it was an attempt at theft of american tax dollars under the guise of Covid-19 relief efforts.

It directly relates to information about how we are moving forward in our relief efforts.
    So you made some good points about folks bashing CA Governor for making mistakes, when Trump has made some too. I never have said Trump hasn't, but anyone in the position he's in or Cuomo/Newsom may make some (those nursing home deaths in NY tho ... that was real stupid).

So you made some good points now for the turnaround ... I read that article and seems like to me he only implemented the Emergency Powers Act (ain't that it) that you on the Left wanted him to so that ventilators and PPE production could be accelerated.

Ford doesn't have any experience producing ventilators either. Yet ... a lot of y'all were hollering very loudly cause Trump was moving too slow while trying to decide on who was best to award those contracts to and who also had the capabilities to produce the vents & PPE.
    Last edited by dawgday166; 05-27-2020 at 08:53 PM.

vCash

I'm sure someone like you wouldn't have any sort of agenda behind posting that or anything though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post
    I'm sure someone like you wouldn't have any sort of agenda behind posting that or anything though.
    Never, not him!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Viruses that quickly kill or debilitate their host rarely mutate much. In order to mutate a virus has to be transmitted a lot. If the virus is so strong that it kills or debilitates it's host quickly then the virus reduces it's chances to be transmitted so you see a higher mortality rate with a lower transmission rate. If something like MERS or SARS-1 ever mutated to where it had a 2-week, asymptomatic gestation period but was still transmittable during that time period the deaths would be in the 10's of millions.
    Do you make anything of the fact that past coronaviruses have went away on their own without a vaccine? Just wondering if that provides hope that covid will do the same

vCash
    Do you make anything of the fact that past coronaviruses have went away on their own without a vaccine? Just wondering if that provides hope that covid will do the same
    They went away due to human containment efforts. Not because they got bored and decided to not spread anymore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    They went away due to human containment efforts. Not because they got bored and decided to not spread anymore.
    If that's true (and the articles I've read don't suggest that is the reason they went away), why did they not come back every year like influenza viruses are prone to do? Lack of mutation?

vCash
    If that's true (and the articles I've read don't suggest that is the reason they went away), why did they not come back every year like influenza viruses are prone to do? Lack of mutation?
    If it's truly contained and isolated then there is no virus left to come back. Flu doesn't disappear in the summer. There is always some around, just not much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    If it's truly contained and isolated then there is no virus left to come back. Flu doesn't disappear in the summer. There is always some around, just not much.
    This. If the virus doesn't have a human host, how would it come back (aside from jumping species again)?

vCash
    Read this, it's a really good article comparing and contrasting SARS and COVID. It goes into detail how SARS was eradicated.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...129-8/fulltext

vCash
    This. If the virus doesn't have a human host, how would it come back (aside from jumping species again)?
    So in theory if we contact traced well enough (which I'm not sure is possible with sars, flu, or covid) with the flu and isolated every infected host then the flu would be gone forever? If yes, you are saying we were able to do that with sars and mers but not the flu?

vCash
    Read this, it's a really good article comparing and contrasting SARS and COVID. It goes into detail how SARS was eradicated.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...129-8/fulltext
    Thanks. Will read later

vCash

Taxes ARE theft

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Taxes ARE theft
    US already tried the Articles of Confederation but concluded that we kinda have to have enforceable taxes to run society. It would be nice if there wasn't shitbirds ruining it but that's true of all walks of life.