Page 160 of 274 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170210260 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,200 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Please ban this 17’n idiot from the board. And lock this political thread.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to DownwardDawg again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    If you have anything better - verifiable, accurate with no bias, post it!! Otherwise you can go visit danthecommunistman and commiserate together!
    Jesus Christ. There is NO such thing as "no bias". Humans are incapable of that. There is, however, a difference between having "bias", but still being a professional, and being a sycophantic propaganda machine. Rational people can tell the difference.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Man do I feel fortunate! I just made the cut as Generation X'er and not a boomer! It was close but I made it in, blessed! lol
    Something only a BOOMER would say******

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Jesus Christ. There is NO such thing as "no bias". Humans are incapable of that. There is, however, a difference between having "bias", but still being a professional, and being a sycophantic propaganda machine. Rational people can tell the difference.
    Dude you gotta stop using all those big words******

In all seriousness though, that's the reason I like to read and study lots of differing view that provide legit facts so that I can form my own opinions.

vCash
    Something only a BOOMER would say******
    LOL, you alright Beardo!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    It's amazing that people still don't get it.

Give $2,000 to someone poor and $2,000 to a business, which one recirculates into the economy quicker.

But nooooooooo we need to bailout business and let people do non-essential jobs in the name of trickle down economics.

If you seriously can't see the issue there then you are a blind sheep plain and simple.

"If you're over 40 and not a republican, you don't have a brain."

Nah if you're over 40 and a republican, you're just whipped into submission by daddy capitalism. No surprise there from the generation who's defining war was losing to charlie in the chocolate tree with a death count 8X what the generation defining war took now. Boomers aren't strong. They're weak. Whipped into submission. Doing daddy capitalism's bidding.

Imagine bragging about your day. You're the weak generation who lost a war. You're the weak generation who let the income gap get ridiculously out of hand. You're the weak generation whose leadership has guided the US away from being the greatest country in the world. You are the weak. Period. Your generation will go down in history as the worst generation of the United States.

Imagine thinking someone deserves to control 100 billion dollars. They are so skilled. Drop Jeff Bezos down at the shipyard and he would work circles around those unskilled laborers. He deserves, he's so awesome. Those unskilled laborers should have went to college. Boomers did it back in their day with a small loan from daddy and a summer job that would pay all of tuition. ****ing disconnected from reality twats. You probably pay for an accountant too. Anyone who does, doesn't have a leg to stand on when it comes to economics. You already defer how to handle your own dollars, don't you dare give input how to handle the whole economies.
    You do realize that the stimulus package provides $600 a week for those unemployed. I reached out to my accountant and they informed me that this was over $2k a month, on top of what their normal distribution would have been.

Based on a report recently published, unemployed workers in MS went from 31% of their average wage to 119%.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ronavirus.html

You're an advocate of redistribution of wealth. Again, let me apologize to you that Bernie could not secure the nomination for a second time.

vCash
    Man do I feel fortunate! I just made the cut as Generation X'er and not a boomer! It was close but I made it in, blessed! lol
    That makes two of us Commerce!

I can't tell you how good I feel that I'm not considered a part of the worst generation ever by those egocentric posters here!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    That makes two of us Commerce!

I can't tell you how good I feel that I'm not considered a part of the worst generation ever by those egocentric posters here!!!!
    High five! Whew, it was a close one but we made it, me by the skin of my teeth, one year, lol!

vCash

I know when y'all like when I post positive stuff! NY is doing great! Don't look at the other part though

vCash
    High five! Whew, it was a close one but we made it, me by the skin of my teeth, one year, lol!
    I've never really paid any attention to these age-range groupings. I mean, "boomers" are easy to peg, since they're assigned to a specific event, but the "millennial" group is dumb as hell (being born 1983 to 2000); it doesn't take into account life experience. For example, someone born in '85 didn't have grow up with the level of technology at their fingertips as someone born in the mid to late 90's.

vCash
    I've never really paid any attention to these age-range groupings. I mean, "boomers" are easy to peg, since they're assigned to a specific event, but the "millennial" group is dumb as hell (being born 1983 to 2000); it doesn't take into account life experience. For example, someone born in '85 didn't have grow up with the level of technology at their fingertips as someone born in the mid to late 90's.
    Same here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post

I know when y'all like when I post positive stuff! NY is doing great! Don't look at the other part though
    Hacker I think you're starting to develop a sense of humor.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Please ban this 17?n idiot from the board. And lock this political thread.
    Just because I disagree with Extendedcab's preferred media outlets, I don't think he should be banned. ***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by State82 View Post
    Just curious. What is the take from everyone on the Texas judge that jailed the mother for keeping her salon open because she had to feed her kids. This after Dallas County has released around 1000 inmates due to the virus. I could give you my take but it is not pretty or politically correct by any stretch of the imagination.
    I think this salon/barber bullshit is the silliest thing we've done. Let people make a choice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post

Where did you get this? bc the Jh site is saying only 23k new cases in the entire us on the 5th..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Just because I disagree with Extendedcab's preferred media outlets, I don't think he should be banned. ***

Hopefully he was talking about danthecommunistman being banned. Otherwise Downwarddog is between 20 and 25 and lives in Moscow with his buddy and needs to be banned as well! I post 1 link and he comes unraveled like danthecommunistman does even when the post was not directed at him, it was just an FYI! That means read it and make your own opinion - assuming you can think for yourself.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    You do realize that the stimulus package provides $600 a week for those unemployed. I reached out to my accountant and they informed me that this was over $2k a month, on top of what their normal distribution would have been.

Based on a report recently published, unemployed workers in MS went from 31% of their average wage to 119%.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ronavirus.html

You're an advocate of redistribution of wealth. Again, let me apologize to you that Bernie could not secure the nomination for a second time.
    I fail to see what point you are making. This was a partly good move. My point is that reopening is motivated by taking that away. (Not solely motivated, but that is a contributing factor. Can't let poor people have more money than normal.)

Not even being facetious to you, cause you're at least willing to not be an imbecile about this. I seriously don't understand your point.

vCash

You can be born in those years and still be capable of understanding what you are talking about and how things work and how life isn't always fair.

Don't lump everyone into the same group just because of the year they were born.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    If you seriously think you have identified the issue you are just simple. THere are lots of complaints about the corona related stimulus. But the reason they tried to save businesses is that they want people to stay employed. Businesses are just a conglomeration of economic arrangements and if you let them fail, there are a lot of transaction costs to just recreating those businesses after they fail. If you want to make an argument that the US should let businesses fail and that's part of capitalism and failing from a pandemic is just part of the risks, that's fine. But it's not an issue of trickle down economics, which is just a made up phrase to begin with and basically a campaign slogan by the left, not an actual policy.

Thte saying is if you're a democrat at 40 you don't have a brain. There are plenty of reasons to not be a republican. You do have to swallow a lot of idiocies to be a democrat now. But as long as you realize you are doing it and it's just because you think that's a less bad option than the republican party, I would agree the saying even in its correct form is overbroad.

There are the worst generation, but not sure it's because of the reasons you claim. They basically voted to promise themselves that future taxpayers would pay them a shit ton of money; more than they would be willing to pay the tax burden to support. There are lots of complaints to have about them, but that's probably the most damning. They were the first generation to be prosperous enough for long enough that they could afford to have stupid beliefs and do things like enter a war without a commitment to winning it. Not sure any of your other complaints are valid though.

As long as he is not taking your money, why do you care if Bezos has a lot of money? Him chasing state and local incentives is distasteful, but once government gets into the business of giving out incentives for those projects, that's part of the business landscape and it's hard to pass up those incentives when competitors have access to them (and arguably he has a fiduciary duty to take them, since he's a minority owner in Amazon). If you think Bezos doesn't deserve any money, that's fine. You don't have to use any amazon projects. But if other people choose to do so it's not really any of your business.

Boomers certainly had a lot of things easier, and the people that took out massive student loans 10+ years ago have a pretty decent complaint that they were screwed with a lot of bad information about "good debt". But the people that are the biggest whiners about student debt now are people that picked expensive options for college, often getting non-marketable degrees.

Yea, you don't know what accountants do but you think you're competent to vote for people to manage the economy? Just FYI, accountants have different roles, and certainly some basically act as financial analysts and help people/companies decide which projects to invest in, but generally having an accountant doesn't mean somebody is "defer[ring] how to handle [their] own dollars."
    A lot of what I put in that post was dripping with reversed boomer arguments. (Charlie in the Chocolate Tree for example). Illustrating how stupid they sound when talking about how tough and great they were compared to today's generation. Today's generation grew up in worse economic conditions and outclasses them in their own metrics.

But to go point by point. I believe the government should serve the people and not the business. If we're bailing out the business to save the people, then cut out the middle man. Easy step.

Thank you for being someone who can see fault in both sides. I respect that.

My complaints that are invalid are the same ones that are invalid for boomers. I'll let them figure out which ones sarcasm and making fun of them.

Bezos is taking my money. My tax dollars help him. As long as business can get tax subsidies and write-offs that my dollars help fund, I will complain about it.

I'm one of the rare breeds who isn't in a "non-marketable" degree (and still has some but not near as much bad debt as it could have been), but I still give a damn about this.

The accountant bit was a subtle boomer ribbing. Your talking more to the business owner than you are to the common man. My uncle is an accountant. I know the merits of the position. I also know that it's rich to listen to someone tell you how to water your yard that pays someone else to tend to their crops.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    So what is your solution then?

Detail it from top to bottom.
    It's simple. We kill the batman. ***

(Then we kill the rest of the rich too.) ***

But no it starts with redistribution of wealth. Flat Tax. (Yes I know Bernie has a different plan. Mine would be a true flat tax with no loop holes. That goes for business income too (NOT NET INCOME)). Free Basic Healthcare (Ability to opt out and get better coverage). Free College. Erase Student debt. Ofc you can opt out and go private (just like primary education). Legalize marijuana and tax it too. The only real social issue we should be discussing is abortion. More research into what it means to be a human and what makes a human a human. I'm strictly pro-life, but what does that mean? What does it mean to be a human and alive. (And for the other side I do believe in self-defense and that some abortions are necessary for the mother's survival.)

Make the debate about actual economic policy and not stupid social issues. Guns is the only one that's really fair to be discussed and have as a part of government debate. (It's shocking to me how many people are pro-gun and anti-marijuana. The only argument for either of them is the exact same: I like it, so the government shouldn't take it away from me if I'm not misusing it.)

Once you start working towards redistributing wealth, creating a UBI (key word BASIC, this income would not help fund vacations to the bahamas for everyone), and advancing society to more and more automation, we'll be A. more productive as a society and B. be overall happier as we've decreased the workload for people and provider more people economic viability. The steps we take from there are TBD, but that's the basic outline.