Page 158 of 274 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168208258 ... LastLast
Results 3,141 to 3,160 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    Put on the tin foil hat again for this:

Unless this is fake.

On Twitter Today: A Coronavirus researcher in Pittsburgh was killed in an "apparent murder-suicide". This person was close to making "very significant findings" related to COVID-19.

About a month ago was this headline: Doctors at UPMC Pittsburgh have released that they found a COVID cure and are submitting it for FDA approval and safety testing.

A Twitter acct by the name Thicc Chungus Tweeted out a comment to the effect of "how much do you wanna bet one or more of these doctors/researchers will mysteriously die. That tweet was a month ago after the story of the discovery broke.

The researcher (Bing Liu) Was killed this past Saturday at his townhouse.
    A coincidence? As a long time NCIS fan, according to the leading character Leroy Jethro Gibbs, there is no such thing as a coincidence.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    This is the only part I'm responding to of yours.

I'm the guy who took the bet that we would have more than 30k cases by summer. The other guy hasn't responded since.
    I'm the guy who offered another bet based on whether or not we would have 100k by the end of March. The other guy declined.
    I predicted somewhere around 500k deaths this year from it. We're tracking to hit that.

So no, I'm the guy who has been right most of the way (sadly). You must be looking for the other guy.
    I wouldn't believe any of the numbers. Numbers of cases are well below the expected infected..... rumors of false Covid deaths in hospitals for funding purposes..... and media propaganda treating the numbers like an election race just to get their ratings up.

In other words..... lay off the news, go outside, play with your kids (if you have any). Enjoy life and the togetherness this virus has given instead of constantly looking into the negatives. No way to live life if you're constantly fearing the outcome. This sucks and people are dying, but it doesn't mean you can't enjoy the people around you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    I thought it was up over 40 today. I must have misread it.
    It's confusing because they break it out into confirmed and suspected cases. Would be helpful if they had a line showing the combined numbers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    And if you look at the trend, we have not peaked yet. I was hopeful a couple weeks ago we may have hit the top of the curve, but we haven't. People in icu also spiked but ventilator patients are at least staying flat.
    So based on what a spike was yesterday, we spiked downward today correct? Just checking...

vCash
    One of my daughter's friends is going on vacation to Gulf Shores next weekend and want her to go with them. Guys, should I let her go? What would y'all do?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    So based on what a spike was yesterday, we spiked downward today correct? Just checking...
    This little tid bit pisses me off
    Officials said Wednesday's death count includes five deaths from April now determined to be COVID-19 related.

These facts are just adding to the hysteria

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    One of my daughter's friends is going on vacation to Gulf Shores next weekend and want her to go with them. Guys, should I let her go? What would y'all do?
    I would let mine go. The two people who she could hurt when she comes back are isolated.

vCash
    One of my daughter's friends is going on vacation to Gulf Shores next weekend and want her to go with them. Guys, should I let her go?
    Are you or someone in your household high risk? Even if the answer is yes, I'd still be open to think about it. I don't think the beach would be high risk area compared to say Walmart or a grocery store.

vCash
    Damn... doesn't appear shelter in place works.... so why are we still sheltered in place
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/06/ny-g...ying-home.html

vCash
    I prob wouldn't

vCash
    Have any of you heard about the study being done locally with using a combo of pepcid/Zyrtec to treat positive covid patients? Apparently it's seen really good results.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Have any of you heard about the study being done locally with using a combo of pepcid/Zyrtec to treat positive covid patients? Apparently it's seen really good results.
    Yeah I have. Famotidine apparently acts as an inhibitor of the virus and combined with zyrtec can help with breathing related issues. Still early on but its hopeful that this can at least curb some of the harsher symptoms. We'll see.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yeah I have. Famotidine apparently acts as an inhibitor of the virus and combined with zyrtec can help with breathing related issues. Still early on but its hopeful that this can at least curb some of the harsher symptoms. We'll see.
    Wonder if this would work on all the various strains of COVID-19? A study posted a few days ago from Los Alamos National Laboratory found 14 mutations of the virus. Be awesome if that indeed is the case!!

I know quite a few folks who have recently contracted it and outside of sleeping a lot, they didn't require any additional level of care outside of medicating the symptoms and waiting for it to run its course.

vCash
    No 17ing way. Nothing good happens on beach trips for girls from the age of like 13 to 25.

But if she's younger than 13 and nobody in your immediate household is high risk, absolutely let her go have fun. If somebody in your immediate household is high risk, I'd probably still let her go unless there was just no way to separate her when she gets back. This virus is going to be around for a long time and it's not really realistic to expect her to avoid being exposed forever.

vCash
    Zicam did wonders for the symptoms. An Albuterol inhaler is the only thing that helped with the shortness of breath.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    Wonder if this would work on all the various strains of COVID-19? A study posted a few days ago from Los Alamos National Laboratory found 14 mutations of the virus. Be awesome if that indeed is the case!!

I know quite a few folks who have recently contracted it and outside of sleeping a lot, they didn't require any additional level of care outside of medicating the symptoms and waiting for it to run its course.
    Man it would be great if it did. Its still early but results have been good but with this bug who knows.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    Damn... doesn't appear shelter in place works.... so why are we still sheltered in place
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/06/ny-g...ying-home.html
    Perfect, I'll be at the game at I'm good. Liverpool will be around home and he will get it. But it will be my fault.

vCash
    Tagamet works as well. Vitamin D, Zinc, and Tagamet and Zyrtec should all be effective.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 05-06-2020 at 08:33 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Tagamet works as well. Vitamin D, Zinc, and Tagamet and Zyrtec should all be effective.
    Hadn't heard about Tagamet, but I take vitamin d and zinc supplements everyday with or without the corona being around. I may be immune to corona, my guts been ruined for years and I've been on every gut treatment on earth lol

vCash
    Hadn't heard about Tagamet, but I take vitamin d and zinc supplements everyday with or without the corona being around. I may be immune to corona, my guts been ruined for years and I've been on every gut treatment on earth lol
    If anyone develops breathing issues, get an inhaler. Not only can you not satisfy a deep breath, but it also makes you feel like youre breathing through a straw. All of the supplements help with the symptoms, but those are manageable really without anything. It's the difficulty breathing becomes the biggest issue.