Page 157 of 274 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167207257 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,140 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    muh economy must continue to be strong. we must keep producing. we must hit our target or it goes tits up.

i'm an "essential" employee too. Don't know where your rant was going. My beef is with the elite rich brainwashing people to be against each other. protest them, not me.

Also it's amazing how far reaching you idiots are. Garbage trucks? where the **** did I say stop anything more? Seriously, you people are why Mississippi has the reputation it does. You're showing we have earned the reputation of being people who can't read. Plenty of you keep making that self evident.

So we're gonna play a game:

Dawgcap - I said nothing about shutting more essential workers down. You're completely off topic. Your post is bad. F-
    Confucius - Good job. Yes I did compare those. But calling people soft because they don't want millions to die is kinda my point of how stupid some of you sound. "Back in my day we didn't give a damn if a kid died, we still kept shooting that arrow into the sky and beating up the ***** who ducked out first." D-
    Todd-" Boomers were tougher" No Todd, they were stupider. F-
    I pray you aren?t a teacher because anyone with sense is screwed. Funny thing is I pray you aren?t a professor, well a TA. I?ve read your diatribes and your answers are ridiculous but remember who at the end of the day takes care of you. While I?m at it when is the last time you showed any kind of respect to anyone in your world while calling yourself essential? Bet that?s not happening because you have issues with the lower class you claim to defend

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Very well said, sir!
    Im a North Ms guy but my daughter is marrying a coast guy. That is where you are from?

vCash
    Starting to think dano makes AOC seem semi-sane **

ETA: now I need to get back to telling Gun why The Babe and Joe Cool are the greatest evah.
    Last edited by dawgday166; 05-06-2020 at 12:52 AM.

vCash
    I?ll shut up for the night. It?s late. I agree with Dan that we will lose too many lives with this disease. But we know how to limit it. While he wants to quarantine everyone I just want us to be cautious and respect and love the most at risk. Separate and love these at risk by being the greatest country ever! To be honest I?m good not being within 6 feet of any of y?all!! Hail State! I?m going to make a difference tomorrow and everyday!

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgcap View Post
    Or garbage pick up and disposal, sewer, water electricity. No need to mention fuel cause he stays home. Don?t get me started on farmers, loggers and every other bad ass that goes to work everyday and struggles to make ends meet.
    Then he should laugh at the poor fools who invested in restaurants, flooring, clothing stores. What idiots and to think we should have our hair cut or God forbid someone going to the baseball field with their kids. Nails, tattoos. Screw them. They don?t matter either. I can go on.
    I love this country, I love the opportunities and no one deserves what is going on right now but I can honestly say I?ll never judge or look down at anyone being essential. We all are essential but Dan can only justify who should die based on his basic needs
    I love how you've made me your boogeyman. I've said none of these things tonight, merely stated why homedawg was wrong and you keep building men of straw. F-

See you next year. Maybe one day you'll make it to 4th grade.

vCash
    If you are teaching I?ll skip to 5th. No need for the hate. I just don?t agree. It?s good. I?ll give you a C. Just don?t want you grading or teaching anyone I know! Hail State!

vCash
    muh economy must continue to be strong. we must keep producing. we must hit our target or it goes tits up.

i'm an "essential" employee too. Don't know where your rant was going. My beef is with the elite rich brainwashing people to be against each other. protest them, not me.

Also it's amazing how far reaching you idiots are. Garbage trucks? where the **** did I say stop anything more? Seriously, you people are why Mississippi has the reputation it does. You're showing we have earned the reputation of being people who can't read. Plenty of you keep making that self evident.

So we're gonna play a game:

Dawgcap - I said nothing about shutting more essential workers down. You're completely off topic. Your post is bad. F-
    Confucius - Good job. Yes I did compare those. But calling people soft because they don't want millions to die is kinda my point of how stupid some of you sound. "Back in my day we didn't give a damn if a kid died, we still kept shooting that arrow into the sky and beating up the ***** who ducked out first." D-
    Todd-" Boomers were tougher" No Todd, they were stupider. F-
    I passed! D- baby!

vCash
    Im a North Ms guy but my daughter is marrying a coast guy. That is where you are from?
    I live in the free state of Jones lol.

vCash
    We should be mass producing tests. Protest that, not just that you miss being whipped by daddy capitalism. The only reason they are pushing to stop having to pay unemployment and such. Follow the money. It's funny, we're a month in and how many people are really going starving because of this? Almost like we do have the capability to not force workers into multiple shitty jobs just to survive. Really makes you think (or in a lot on this thread's case, put your head in the sand.)

You're arguing like it's an extreme measure that I said I want. I simply gave you a reason why you were wrong about social distancing and you took it somewhere else. The reason for social distancing was always to slow spread and prevent the hospitals from being overrun. In the beginning we could have prevented a lot of deaths by being out front of this, but our glorious leader lead us down this path instead, praise be.

What part of "If it spreads to much then it overwhelms the hospital" didn't make sense to you? The part where you had to read, the part where you had to open your eyes, or the part where you had to pull your head out of your ass?

I mean really what a ****ing stupid post. I really don't care about your feelings anymore. That was stupid.

And tweedle dee right behind him. Can read the bible but can't be bothered to understand 3 sentences on a message board though. But by Yahweh he'll give his Holy Opinion (trademarked).
    And your point is, besides you are a stupid communist - comrade? Act your age will you, I was assuming you were at least 25, but maybe not given the comments you make. I think you are a dimwit 2 year old that throws tantrums at will. No slight to other parents with children that are 2. I think they are infinitely more intelligent than Danthecommunistman!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I think there are a few groups:
    1. Ready to open... damn the consequences
    2. Ready to open bc we really have no choice
    3. Want to stay closed out of fear/concern
    4. Want to stay closed bc they're lazy and getting $600 federal and state unemployment on top of that.
    5. Want to stay closed to help Biden in November
    It think there is a group you missed

2.5 Ready to loosen the restrictions on what is an "Essential Business" with PPE in place to begin to start back the economy, but don't want to open too fast and waste the shutdown completely"

vCash
    I pray you aren?t a teacher because anyone with sense is screwed. Funny thing is I pray you aren?t a professor, well a TA. I?ve read your diatribes and your answers are ridiculous but remember who at the end of the day takes care of you. While I?m at it when is the last time you showed any kind of respect to anyone in your world while calling yourself essential? Bet that?s not happening because you have issues with the lower class you claim to defend
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    And your point is, besides you are a stupid communist - comrade? Act your age will you, I was assuming you were at least 25, but maybe not given the comments you make. I think you are a dimwit 2 year old that throws tantrums at will. No slight to other parents with children that are 2. I think they are infinitely more intelligent than Danthecommunistman!
    I suspect that with the bolded portions of these posts that both of you are probably starting to "hit the nail on the head", as he's referenced in previous posts his upbringing and being a recent college grad (see Dan - some of us have reading comprehension)... Not to go into someone on a personal level - I'll just end this post with a saying that seems fitting here:

If you're a 20 year old Republican - you don't have a heart
    If you're a 40 year old Democrat - you don't have a brain

I'll leave it up to the reader to determine the meaning, but it fits....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post
    It think there is a group you missed

2.5 Ready to loosen the restrictions on what is an "Essential Business" with PPE in place to begin to start back the economy, but don't want to open too fast and waste the shutdown completely"
    And those that are a combination of more than 1.

vCash
    We should be mass producing tests. Protest that, not just that you miss being whipped by daddy capitalism. The only reason they are pushing to stop having to pay unemployment and such. Follow the money. It's funny, we're a month in and how many people are really going starving because of this? Almost like we do have the capability to not force workers into multiple shitty jobs just to survive. Really makes you think (or in a lot on this thread's case, put your head in the sand.)

You're arguing like it's an extreme measure that I said I want. I simply gave you a reason why you were wrong about social distancing and you took it somewhere else. The reason for social distancing was always to slow spread and prevent the hospitals from being overrun. In the beginning we could have prevented a lot of deaths by being out front of this, but our glorious leader lead us down this path instead, praise be.

What part of "If it spreads to much then it overwhelms the hospital" didn't make sense to you? The part where you had to read, the part where you had to open your eyes, or the part where you had to pull your head out of your ass?

I mean really what a ****ing stupid post. I really don't care about your feelings anymore. That was stupid.

And tweedle dee right behind him. Can read the bible but can't be bothered to understand 3 sentences on a message board though. But by Yahweh he'll give his Holy Opinion (trademarked).

Good lord dude. You are so sensitive and get angrily defensive. Grow up and learn how to conversate without sounding like a whiny bitch.

I asked a simple question because it hasn't overwhelmed many hospitals besides major hot spots which MS has none of comparatively. So they are perfectly capable of receiving treatment if they are severe.

When have I acted like my feelings even remotely got hurt? You give yourself entirely too much credit.

vCash
    You are calling other people brainwashed and stupid, so let's take a second to talk about things you are ignorant about or possibly brainwashed.

We should be mass producing tests.
    "We" are mass producing tests. That's good, but tests are not a cure. They don't allow us to stop the virus. Had they been available early enough, maybe they allow us to avoid shutdowns and just use contact tracing. That horse probably left the barn before we even knew there was an issue based on how far back we are finding deaths now. But to the extent it hadn't, it was a moot point with the CDC screwed up its tests.

Protest that, not just that you miss being whipped by daddy capitalism. The only reason they are pushing to stop having to pay unemployment and such. Follow the money. It's funny, we're a month in and how many people are really going starving because of this? Almost like we do have the capability to not force workers into multiple shitty jobs just to survive. Really makes you think (or in a lot on this thread's case, put your head in the sand.)
    This is where it appears you are brainwashed. Yes, people work to provide a lot of good and services that are not necessary to survive, and they work a lot to consume those good and services. But some people do have to produce in order for other people to consume. It sounds like you are advocating that producers just suck it up and produce and non-producers sit home and enjoy the fruits of their labor. That's in theory possible if we accept a much lower standard of living, but the economy is complicated and you can't just isolate one section from the others and the "essential" goods and services still be provided without basically the government nationalizing the entire economy. Just too many interconnected parts between physical supply chains and financing. But even if you could do that, you have a human nature problem. People will do a lot for a month of two if they think it's for the greater good. But at some point, all the people doing the work to produce essential goods and services will notice that they are getting a shitty deal and somehow are worse off than the people who are not.

But even before that point, you are going to have a lot of people that do not want to drastically cut their standard of living (and possibly just as importantly, do not want to stop contributing) for what is a relatively minor risk. Based on the tradeoffs people routinely make between safety and money, we are grossly overreacting to this virus. Even if you could get past the practical problems of trying to shutdown for months on end, why would you want to inflict so much human misery for gains that the vast majority of people, based on their typical actions, do not value that much? People are irrational in how they approach risk for sure, but why do people like you get to choose how they manage risk? You pretty clearly don't seem to be smarter. Are you somehow more moral? What is your or anybody else's claim to that privilege?

Trump certainly could have done better, but he isn't noticeably better or worse than any other political leader, except he did avoid people's worse impulses and not try to shutdown all of the country illogically when a local/regional approach was needed.

We probably did prevent some deaths by preventing our hospitals from being overrun. We've also caused some deaths and continue to cause some deaths by preventing people from getting "elective" treatments where they died from the delay and also from people just voluntarily avoiding hospitals because of fear of Wuhan. In some places like New Orleans and NYC that was probably not an unreasonable fear. In other places, they died for no reason as potential Wuhan patients were screened before even entering the emergency room waiting room and sent to a separate area. I don't think it's obvious at all whether the net effect was more or fewer deaths than otherwise.

I may be confusing you with another poster, but weren't you one of the ones that was smugly moralizing to other posters and basically calling them stupid, and now subsequent events have shown their guess as to the severity of the situation and appropriate response to be much more accurate and grounded in reality than yours?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    And those that are a combination of more than 1.
    This, I don't want people getting sick or dying but I also understand that if folks don't get back to work the devastation caused by the shutdown will be more far reaching and last longer than the virus. This is one dang tough situation.

vCash
    It evident how selfish some of you are that you can't think past your own face. Here's something to put it in perspective for you twats.

We've lost more people to corona than Korea. We've lost more people to corona than Nam. WW1, WW2, and Civil War are the only wars with a higher death count. And we're knocking on the door of WW1.

I want you to go tell everyone of the 70,000+ people's family that the virus isn't that bad, just a cough. Or alternatively, go tell an Iraqi/Afghan War veteran that the war wasn't that bad its only 1/10 as deadly as a mild cough, they should get over acting like they are some hero. They died to something that was 10% of a mild cough. Weaklings.

That's how ignorant you sound. If my post makes you mad, it should. It should make you mad you sound that stupid.
    Go tell everyone of the people's family that dies of the flu that the flu isn't that bad. It doesn't really matter how people die, it's tragic to the people involved.

But that's not really helpful for forming do reasonable public policy. The emergence of the Wuhan virus is a real tragedy for the country and the world. It won't be remembered like the Spanish flu unless we have some pretty bad future surprises, but it's going to remembered because it is a big tragedy, on the same scale as a major war. But that doesn't mean people are selfish for recognizing we have choices between bad options and other options that are still bad, but less bad. The people that wanted to intervene in WWII weren't selfish because it caused a lot of deaths. They thought it was the best option. The people that want to reduce the economic harms from the virus are not selfish; they think it's the best option.

Also, if you are going to insist on comparing pandemics and wars, it's worth noting that for public policy reasons, the death of a 25 year old is on average worse than the death of a 75 year old. Doesn't mean it's less personally tragic, but when you are trying to weigh harms in the context of public policy, the difference matters.

Something to put it in perspective for people to emotional to think clearly.

vCash
    Put on the tin foil hat again for this:

Unless this is fake.

On Twitter Today: A Coronavirus researcher in Pittsburgh was killed in an "apparent murder-suicide". This person was close to making "very significant findings" related to COVID-19.

About a month ago was this headline: Doctors at UPMC Pittsburgh have released that they found a COVID cure and are submitting it for FDA approval and safety testing.

A Twitter acct by the name Thicc Chungus Tweeted out a comment to the effect of "how much do you wanna bet one or more of these doctors/researchers will mysteriously die. That tweet was a month ago after the story of the discovery broke.

The researcher (Bing Liu) Was killed this past Saturday at his townhouse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Go tell everyone of the people's family that dies of the flu that the flu isn't that bad. It doesn't really matter how people die, it's tragic to the people involved.

But that's not really helpful for forming do reasonable public policy. The emergence of the Wuhan virus is a real tragedy for the country and the world. It won't be remembered like the Spanish flu unless we have some pretty bad future surprises, but it's going to remembered because it is a big tragedy, on the same scale as a major war. But that doesn't mean people are selfish for recognizing we have choices between bad options and other options that are still bad, but less bad. The people that wanted to intervene in WWII weren't selfish because it caused a lot of deaths. They thought it was the best option. The people that want to reduce the economic harms from the virus are not selfish; they think it's the best option.

Also, if you are going to insist on comparing pandemics and wars, it's worth noting that for public policy reasons, the death of a 25 year old is on average worse than the death of a 75 year old. Doesn't mean it's less personally tragic, but when you are trying to weigh harms in the context of public policy, the difference matters.

Something to put it in perspective for people to emotional to think clearly.
    Dang man, thats spot on!

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    I may be confusing you with another poster, but weren't you one of the ones that was smugly moralizing to other posters and basically calling them stupid, and now subsequent events have shown their guess as to the severity of the situation and appropriate response to be much more accurate and grounded in reality than yours?
    This is the only part I'm responding to of yours.

I'm the guy who took the bet that we would have more than 30k cases by summer. The other guy hasn't responded since.
    I'm the guy who offered another bet based on whether or not we would have 100k by the end of March. The other guy declined.
    I predicted somewhere around 500k deaths this year from it. We're tracking to hit that.

So no, I'm the guy who has been right most of the way (sadly). You must be looking for the other guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    Put on the tin foil hat again for this:

Unless this is fake.

On Twitter Today: A Coronavirus researcher in Pittsburgh was killed in an "apparent murder-suicide". This person was close to making "very significant findings" related to COVID-19.

About a month ago was this headline: Doctors at UPMC Pittsburgh have released that they found a COVID cure and are submitting it for FDA approval and safety testing.

A Twitter acct by the name Thicc Chungus Tweeted out a comment to the effect of "how much do you wanna bet one or more of these doctors/researchers will mysteriously die. That tweet was a month ago after the story of the discovery broke.

The researcher (Bing Liu) Was killed this past Saturday at his townhouse.
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/06/us/un...led/index.html

Well .. I think there are conspiracies at times that we don't know what's going on in the background. Haven't really thought that was case here but a couple of things have made me scratch my head.

But this article ... pretty coincidental to say the least and the part about unidentified man killing himself when he got back to his car after killing Liu making it a murder/suicide. Not sure that makes good horse sense.

Don't know the details or background here tho.

ETA: As and aside ... I truly believe Ruby killed Oswald cause of his concern for Jackie Kennedy ****
    Last edited by dawgday166; 05-06-2020 at 11:43 AM.