Page 155 of 274 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165205255 ... LastLast
Results 3,081 to 3,100 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post

^^^ this really sucks. Lots of people about to lose grandparents, uncles, aunts, etc.
    Those numbers are bad anyway you look at it; Hospital numbers jumped too. We are seeing our worst numbers so far in most stats yet we are opening up. It is going to be really ugly in about two weeks.

vCash
    Saw an interesting question on Facebook floating around...

If masks make us safe, why not open completely? If the answer is masks don't make us safe, why wear them?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    And if you look at the trend, we have not peaked yet. I was hopeful a couple weeks ago we may have hit the top of the curve, but we haven't. People in icu also spiked but ventilator patients are at least staying flat.
    Do you have the tests per day/week data? It would be interesting if cases are rising with more testing, less testing, or the same amount

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Those numbers are bad anyway you look at it; Hospital numbers jumped too. We are seeing our worst numbers so far in most stats yet we are opening up. It is going to be really ugly in about two weeks.
    Hospitalizations are pretty flat since april 27, icu has been flat for a month .

vCash
    And if you look at the trend, we have not peaked yet. I was hopeful a couple weeks ago we may have hit the top of the curve, but we haven't. People in icu also spiked but ventilator patients are at least staying flat.
    on april 10th there were 167 in icu, The lowest it ever got was 135. Icu has been up and down for a solid month w yesterday being 162. So your spike comment is not telling the truth.

vCash
    Ask them how they counted deaths and how far back that number goes ....

vCash
    Saw an interesting question on Facebook floating around...

If masks make us safe, why not open completely? If the answer is masks don't make us safe, why wear them?

The wearing of masks is a joint effort. If you wear a mask, then hopefully it protects someone from you in case you have the virus, and then vice versa. It doesn't work with some wearing masks and others not wearing masks, and we all know, from public observation, that everybody is not wearing or is going to wear a mask. Wearing a mask shows that you are concerned for the health and well being of others, but it does not protect you from others who are not wearing a mask (hasn't been proven yet).
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 05-05-2020 at 12:47 PM.

vCash
    Anyone gonna get the antibody test? I saw fast paces are offering it. I wouldn't be surprised at all if I have had it... I was in NYC in December and nola (mardi gras) in feb.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    The wearing of masks is a joint effort. If you wear a mask, then hopefully it protects someone from you in case you have the virus, and then vice versa. It doesn't work with some wearing masks and others not wearing masks, and we all know, from public observation, that everybody is not wearing or is going to wear a mask.
    Businesses here in philly are requiring it. You aren't getting in Walmart or Lowe's without it

vCash
    Businesses here in philly are requiring it. You aren't getting in Walmart or Lowe's without it
    I think that is a good policy. I hope no customers get bent out of shape over the requirement and do something stupid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    I think that is a good policy. I hope no customers get bent out of shape over the requirement and do something stupid.
    The Home Depot here in Chattanooga was limiting store occupancy. 1 in 1 out like a bar pretty much.

Had a guy get in line to get in behind me that was hounding a worker helping direct people about it. All about an outdoor rug.

He started complaining about how he should've just ordered it online repetitively. Finally, someone blurted out "Then go order it online and get out of this line"

Guess he got the point after that because he shut up. Dude deserved to be punched in the face and sent to the back of the line again.

vCash
    I think there are a few groups:
    1. Ready to open... damn the consequences
    2. Ready to open bc we really have no choice
    3. Want to stay closed out of fear/concern
    4. Want to stay closed bc they're lazy and getting $600 federal and state unemployment on top of that.
    5. Want to stay closed to help Biden in November
    Spot. On.

Groups 1, 4, and 5 are the idiots you see all over social media

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    on april 10th there were 167 in icu, The lowest it ever got was 135. Icu has been up and down for a solid month w yesterday being 162. So your spike comment is not telling the truth.
    The last three days was 142, 142, and 144. Today it is 162. That's plus 18. Will it continue to go up or back down. I don't know. But +18 in 24 hours is a sharp increase...otherwise known as a spike.

vCash
    The last three days was 142, 142, and 144. Today it is 162. That's plus 18. Will it continue to go up or back down. I don't know. But +18 in 24 hours is a sharp increase...otherwise known as a spike.
    Funny you left off the days prior to that. IF you are going to use info and use words like spike then just shoot the people straight. On april 10 167, it trends down slightly until April 21 it went 162. Then trickled back down until april 27 back to 162. On April 30 back to 160. THen the 3 days you mention 142 142 144 162. So, while 162 would be a spike from the previous 3 days it isn't a spike over the last month. It's been a yo-yo all along. But continue to put everything in a negative light for your readers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    How many would we have lost with 2 months of social distancing? Apples to apples friend. Can't do that here. COVID is WAY more deadly than flu. However, death is becoming the only stat FoxNews cares about. Infections interrupt economic prosperity too. Sick families. Forced quarantine for weeks impacts businesses. We've seen what happens when meat processing plants get it. What happens when it runs its course through the oil supply chain? Energy production? Food supply chain? You think the economy works then? Death is not the only meaningful statistic here.
    I think you mean without social distancing, not with. If so, I think the number of deaths with or without social distancing will be roughly the same. They will be more spread out with social distancing, but I've seen no evidence, nor anyone claim, that social distancing will largely decrease the total number of deaths.

ETA: and yes, I agree covid is more deadly than the flu. Just not sure how much yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    I think you mean without social distancing, not with. If so, I think the number of deaths with or without social distancing will be roughly the same. They will be more spread out with social distancing, but I've seen no evidence, nor anyone claim, that social distancing will largely decrease the total number of deaths.

ETA: and yes, I agree covid is more deadly than the flu. Just not sure how much yet.
    Correct. On all counts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post

This. We're just elongating the curve not suppressing the virus.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    This. We're just elongating the curve not suppressing the virus.
    It seems like the reopening question then should at least in large part be based on when are we confident that reopening won't oversaturate hospitals. That was the reason given for sheltering in the first place.

I think you make masks mandatory and let's roll. Do any of you know anyone who got covid after wearing a mask religiously for at least two weeks prior to showing symptoms? Bc I don't.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    The hospital numbers aren't moving up yet, at least not substantially. A net 4 increase in hospitalizations from the day before is I think .6 percent. Not as good as a decrease but probably in the noise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    Ask them how they counted deaths and how far back that number goes ....
    The coroner validates each death. If they tested positive, it's COVID. If not, it's COVID if they "believe" it's COVID. Was covered in the governors presser today.
    With that said, I know of two specific situations where patients tested positive but were not declared COVID deaths by the hospital. Both actually died from kidney failure.