Page 152 of 274 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202252 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,040 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    No talk about the supposed reduction in COVID 19 deaths by the CDC? Admittedly I haven't looked at it, but see it's being talked about a lot. Only 37,000 deaths? Surely someone screwed that up???
    Explain please. Are you saying the number is maybe being reduced?

vCash
    The hospitals I deal with had their highest number of COVID patients last week. They've also stopped using the "requirements" of fever etc. to allow testing. Patients are tested and have results same day in some cases.
    Results are back in less than an hour at 1 hospital in Hattiesburg. I’m still skeptical on all these damn tests though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    It's like I was saying a week ago and got blasted on here. The number of COVID 19 deaths are inflated because they are coding anyone that dies as covid in some states. Under the CARES Act hospital get a high percentage from Medicaid for covid patient and covid deaths. This is legit however it has added to the death numbers nationwide and created fear. Like I said before explain how death are down in heart attacks stroke and other diseases.

vCash
    It may be that the cdc numbers just lag behind the Johns hopKins numbers. I'm not sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    It's like I was saying a week ago and got blasted on here. The number of COVID 19 deaths are inflated because they are coding anyone that dies as covid in some states. Under the CARES Act hospital get a high percentage from Medicaid for covid patient and covid deaths. This is legit however it has added to the death numbers nationwide and created fear. Like I said before explain how death are down in heart attacks stroke and other diseases.
    Hospitals in general are not doing that. I'm not saying in NY, but in MS we've not been doing it.

vCash
    No idea. I just saw an article and a couple social media things. It's probably nothing but they CDC chart shows like 37,000 deaths through May 1st, not the 67,000 we've been seeing in the media. Again, I just caught a glance. Figured some of the conspiracy guys were all over it.

Senior Member Prediction? Pain.'s Avatar
    vCash
    No idea. I just saw an article and a couple social media things. It's probably nothing but they CDC chart shows like 37,000 deaths through May 1st, not the 67,000 we've been seeing in the media. Again, I just caught a glance. Figured some of the conspiracy guys were all over it.
    The CDC's number is a "Provisional Death Count." Here's the link to the CDC page with those stats and here's how the CDC defines "provisional" mortality statistics and how it explains for the difference between the "provisional" numbers and those reported elsewhere:

The provisional counts for coronavirus disease (COVID-19) deaths are based on a current flow of mortality data in the National Vital Statistics System. National provisional counts include deaths occurring within the 50 states and the District of Columbia that have been received and coded as of the date specified. It is important to note that it can take several weeks for death records to be submitted to National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS), processed, coded, and tabulated. Therefore, the data shown on this page may be incomplete, and will likely not include all deaths that occurred during a given time period, especially for the more recent time periods. Death counts for earlier weeks are continually revised and may increase or decrease as new and updated death certificate data are received from the states by NCHS. COVID-19 death counts shown here may differ from other published sources, as data currently are lagged by an average of 1?2 weeks.
    The CDC's "provisional" death count for the United States as of May 1 was 37,308.

Here's a link to Johns Hopkins' page about COVID 19 mortality rates in the USA and abroad. Statistics for total deaths and mortality rates (as measured by the percentage of confirmed cases that end in death) for the USA and many other countries, complete with scatter plots and graphs, are included.

Johns Hopkins' death count for the United States as of May 3 was 67,682.

vCash
    The CDC lags way behind. THEY have to confirm a positive before they count it.

vCash
    Hospitals in general are not doing that. I'm not saying in NY, but in MS we've not been doing it.
    I don't know either on MS. However that was BS Friday stating we had 20 deaths when 11 where back counted. The numbers like that are what's adds fuel to the overeating crowds

vCash
    On the 397 new cases today, doesn't there seem to be one day a week where there a good bit more cases than the others? Do we happen to get outside testing numbers once a week or something?
    Yep, outside numbers were reported in a lump.

vCash
    Yep, outside numbers were reported in a lump.
    Well Tate and his people need to know, bc he was on Fox News yesterday saying we saw a spike in cases the day before at 397 and deaths at 20. In actuality, the 397 included the weekly lump outside numbers and 11 of the 20 deaths were from late March-early April.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Well Tate and his people need to know, bc he was on Fox News yesterday saying we saw a spike in cases the day before at 397 and deaths at 20. In actuality, the 397 included the weekly lump outside numbers and 11 of the 20 deaths were from late March-early April.
    Wow. I say it was a lump (outside testing) bc I just heard that on radio, but that could be wrong.

vCash
    Wow. I say it was a lump (outside testing) bc I just heard that on radio, but that could be wrong.
    I know the deaths were from late March to mid April. I'm not sure the outside lump numbers are reported weekly though, that's just what my understanding is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Tot came out with a statement today that they had a large number of out of state tests come in at once.

vCash
    Tot came out with a statement today that they had a large number of out of state tests come in at once.
    That's really pitiful that the damn governor didn't know this Friday. Seems like someone must have hid that very relevant fact to stay locked down a little longer

vCash
    That's really pitiful that the damn governor didn't know this Friday. Seems like someone must have hid that very relevant fact to stay locked down a little longer
    Well UMMC and luann Woodward are our championing it today, saying we've not hit our peak as evidenced by the weekend's numbers.

vCash
    Ugh, it doesn't matter if they came in a lump or not, that's still a lot of newly discovered cases.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Ugh, it doesn't matter if they came in a lump or not, that's still a lot of newly discovered cases.
    It is but if they are from late March to mid-April then they need to be adjusted to those time periods and not reported as something that occurred in the past 2-3 days. That is manipulative reporting of facts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    It is but if they are from late March to mid-April then they need to be adjusted to those time periods and not reported as something that occurred in the past 2-3 days. That is manipulative reporting of facts.
    They were recent. Just tests that went to out of state labs. Today wasn't a great day either.

vCash
    IHME updated again, this time a little more realistic