Page 137 of 274 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187237 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,740 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I know you're going to say that you're just posting statistics. Do you have any positive statistics?
    I don't think I've seen any he's posted.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Whether you guys are ready or not, Mississippi is wide ass open. I feel like an alien when I walk in a store wearing my mask right now. It?s elbow to elbow full of people and they ain?t doing shit to prevent it. Our State is full of either dumbasses or geniuses.
    Or indestructible rednecks. And I can say that as an indestructible redneck.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    The bold part isn't true AT ALL! the point of staying at home is to reduce the rate of spread. My going to a restaurant doesn't make the UPS driver or Walmart cashier safer- in fact, our going out like normal makes them LESS SAFE because now there's more sick people they might come in contact with.
    The point is that you and I can?t isolate and continue to live our comfy lives without hundreds of factory workers, distributors, delivery people, etc. NOT isolating. Do really not appreciate that fact?

This isolation stuff, getting more things delivered to prevent my family’s exposure, absolutely feels selfish to me.
    Last edited by turkish; 04-26-2020 at 07:54 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Actual doctor on bill maher. Doctor treated Covid patients in NJ area.

https://youtu.be/Lze-rMYLf2E
    I like that doc. He makes sense. Something he said is what I've been thinking too which is most of the people testing negative aren't negative, they're positive but the tests aren't accurate. Which would lower the death rate a lot.

Example in this thread is defiantdog. If I recall correctly they wouldn't test him and he felt like he was practically dying from it. So in most states they're testing people with worse symptoms than he had and those are negative??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by turkish View Post
    The point is that you and I can?t isolate and continue to live our comfy lives without thousands of factory workers, distributors, delivery people, etc. NOT isolating. Do really not appreciate that fact?

This isolation stuff, getting more things delivered to prevent my family’s exposure, absolutely feels selfish to me.
    FIFY.

vCash
    The bold part isn't true AT ALL! the point of staying at home is to reduce the rate of spread. My going to a restaurant doesn't make the UPS driver or Walmart cashier safer- in fact, our going out like normal makes them LESS SAFE because now there's more sick people they might come in contact with.

Your entire post is based on selfishness, but that's missing the mark entirely.

And as far as the economy, reopening the economy will only help a little bit because the vast majority of people will be scared to actually resume normal activities. Especially as the infection rate spikes again and people get even more scared of catching it. Moreover, many of us will still try to save our money and build the emergency fund up even if we aren't afraid of Covid, just because we don't know what the future holds.

Had to draw attention to this extra dumb part. COVID ISN'T THE FLU!!! I can't believe people are still implying it should be treated like a new strand of flu. Absolutely ridiculous to still do that at this point. When was the last time the flu overwhelmed a major nations healthcare system like Covid did to Italy? When was the last time the flu overwhelmed NYC's hospitals? Let this thing spread in less affected areas like MS and you'd see the same results here. We're lucky it didn't hit the south bad before Gov't closed things down

The reality is this is a medically induced event that's causing a massive economic problem. But the solution is to deal with the medical problem, not pretend there isn't one.
    While the medical problem is big. The economic problem will be bigger by 100 fold. Of course, we can just "let the govt pay for us to sit at home"****

vCash
    I know you're going to say that you're just posting statistics. Do you have any positive statistics?
    No

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Whether you guys are ready or not, Mississippi is wide ass open. I feel like an alien when I walk in a store wearing my mask right now. It?s elbow to elbow full of people and they ain?t doing shit to prevent it. Our State is full of either dumbasses or geniuses.
    It's not wide ass open. Why are you there?? But glad you have a mask!!*

vCash
    If you're a high risk person, avoid the public as much as possible. If you're not, get your ass to work and enjoy life.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    If you're a high risk person, avoid the public as much as possible. If you're not, get your ass to work and enjoy life.
    This.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    This.
    That's what it's going to have to come to sooner than later. That, wear a mask, Sue China.

vCash
    It's telling when you hear about China trying to cover things up, opening up their economy, and buying up places and companies all over the world right now, including companies in the US.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I feel the same way. If the government makes me wear a mask- I won't be happy about it but I'll do it. It feels to me like things are getting better where I live and that our numbers are going down but at the same time the hospital where I work seems to be getting more and more restrictive and things seem to be getting more and more restrictive. Like now my hospital is making us wear these "special masks" in non-COVID areas and we're going to get a stern talking to if we're not wearing the mask from our car to inside the hospital and then back to our car when we leave work. I'm pretty much over it.

But I think that's where things are headed- we're slowly going to start opening things up but you have to wear a mask everywhere until Dr. Fauci says it's OK not to.

Sorry for the rant but it's getting to the point where it's becoming more detrimental and harmful to keep sheltering in place.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgcap View Post
    But yet you say you go out and make those people less safe. It?s only good for you when it?s convenient for you
    I'm an essential worker in the energy sector- the only places I go are to work and walmart and to my in laws house to do yardwork for them
    Last edited by the_real_MSU_is_us; 04-27-2020 at 06:01 AM.

vCash
    I'm an essential worker in the energy sector- the only places I go are to work and walmart and to my in laws house to do yardwork for them
    Since you're not being selfish, what kind of financial sacrifice are you making to share the pain with those you don't want to be allowed to work? Surely at least 20% on top of normal giving? I mean, this is a pandemic and we need to make sacrifices for each other. Or does your sacrifice basically stop at continuing to get paid and go to walmart but not go to happy hour?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    Trump's heart isn't in the right place unless you think the witness's were off by a factor of 10,000. Why is it good that he's focused on only saving people in america and not the world.

If you haven't figured it out by now, you should realize the whole point is that you're not actually practicing good faith or religion. Stop hiding behind the veil of christianity to make yourself sound superior. You're just selfish. Pharisee.
    Because he is not President of the world. He is the President of the USA ONLY!!! You global government guys are a joke. Read the Bible on how global government stuff turns out!!! You won't like the outcome.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    That's what it's going to have to come to sooner than later. That, wear a mask, Sue China.
    Crime rate will sky rocket if they try to make us wear mask. American just are not going to do it and the goverment knows it. Example I went into Rameys two weeks ago and they made me put on gloves. They provided the gloves. I went back last week and the gloves were optional. I wonder what changed? Hell I know people said they would not go back if they have to wear gloves. I suspect mask will be suggested but not required.

vCash
    I thought y'all were the sunshine pumpers. Y'all beat me to the positive stats every time.*

Edit: For the record, I've posted positive statistics before. It just so happens that there aren't too many to pluck from at this point in time.

I posted that total tests had been increasing the other day. The curve is flat. Norway is doing good. Etc.

Here's another one:

Yesterday was the lowest reported deaths in the US since March
    Last edited by hacker; 04-27-2020 at 09:20 AM.

vCash
    Well, I tested positive for having Coronavirus antibodies so I apparently had it and was asymptomatic. Thankfully.

vCash
    Well, I tested positive for having Coronavirus antibodies so I apparently had it and was asymptomatic. Thankfully.
    The doctor in the bill Maher video I posted link to said 98-99% of the cases are mild, and many never even know they have it. He volunteered in one of the hardest hit areas (NJ) in the country