Page 134 of 274 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184234 ... LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,680 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Shelton with all due respect it's something of a miracle we even HAVE a test 4 months in, it really is. Those things normally take years. That has amazed me. Technology progresses as always,
    Amazing what happens when red tape gets cut.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    LOL, reading the Bible is a good thing, yes?

The point of my "narrative" was to show that all people fall short of God's standard and to only look at a persons past is useless. We ALL have things we are ashamed of in our past. As I elaborated on in my previous post was that God uses all sorts of broken people to do his will (Moses, King David, the Apostle Paul just to name a few). There was a point in their lives where God changed them (called salvation or the new birth) on the inside. God put his spirit inside of them and they became new creations, "reborn" (spiritually) to do good works. The posters slamming Trump's past refuse to acknowledge that at some point in his life he changed, he is no longer a democrat, or liberal (one in the same these days) or an adulterer. He is the most pro-family, pro-life, pro-America president we have had in many years.

Do I personally like Trump, hmm so - so, he is still a little rough on the outside. But if you do not like his personality, then look past that and look at his works. His heart is in the right place and he is protecting America from drifting from our roots, the foundation that our founding fathers laid - a constitutional republic. It is the democrats/liberals that are trying to rip the very fabric of our society apart from our roots. This is the core of the issue, not Trumps personality, however they have to pick a fight somewhere since they can not win on principles (the people would see through their falsehoods) so they attack his personality and his past and yes he does egg them on with his tweets and other verbal jabs.
    Trump's heart isn't in the right place unless you think the witness's were off by a factor of 10,000. Why is it good that he's focused on only saving people in america and not the world.

If you haven't figured it out by now, you should realize the whole point is that you're not actually practicing good faith or religion. Stop hiding behind the veil of christianity to make yourself sound superior. You're just selfish. Pharisee.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    Trump's heart isn't in the right place unless you think the witness's were off by a factor of 10,000. Why is it good that he's focused on only saving people in america and not the world.

If you haven't figured it out by now, you should realize the whole point is that you're not actually practicing good faith or religion. Stop hiding behind the veil of christianity to make yourself sound superior. You're just selfish. Pharisee.
    Wow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Wow.
    Trump and Dantheman are more alike than he would like to admit. When confronted with an opinion different than the one they hold, both go straight to personal attacks. The only poster in this thread to consistently attack others for views that differ from his.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    This thread has become like a multi car pileup. Painful to watch but can't look away.
    Lol ... that sums it up pretty good.

vCash
    Scott County 200 -> 240 cases

vCash
    Hinds - 412 (population 231,000)
    Lauderdale - 284 (population 74,000)
    Desoto - 263 (population 185,000)
    Scott - 240 (population 28,000)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    Still 0 deaths in Scott, though. I wish they released testing numbers by county. It's hard to tell if they're having a breakout or just testing more people than other counties.

vCash
    Still 0 deaths in Scott, though. I wish they released testing numbers by county. It's hard to tell if they're having a breakout or just testing more people than other counties.
    Issaquena still without a case....they must be livin' right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Issaquena still without a case....they must be livin' right.
    They were social distancing before it was cool

5.51 people per square mile
    Last edited by hacker; 04-25-2020 at 10:54 AM.

vCash
    I'm pretty sure they're only testing if they are admitted to the hospital or if you're willing to hash out $150 per test. They stopped symptomatic testing in march

vCash
    My dad was in management at Tyson in Carthage. I worked there one summer, and I would give a Mexican guy a ride home. He stayed in this trailer park close to the plant. There were unbelievable numbers of people living there. I'm sure there are places like this in forest also. If one person in one of these parks got it, it would be rampant fast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    My dad was in management at Tyson in Carthage. I worked there one summer, and I would give a Mexican guy a ride home. He stayed in this trailer park close to the plant. There were unbelievable numbers of people living there. I'm sure there are places like this in forest also. If one person in one of these parks got it, it would be rampant fast.
    Yeah, Scott County's got the most cases in the state in the "other" category

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Born and raised in forest. Yea trailer parks and low rent apartments. Plus chicken plants and a few other manufacturing plants. Bout all that is there.
    But I was told there was a testing site set up there, so if true ease of getting tested may contribute.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    It is the democrats/liberals that are trying to rip the very fabric of our society apart from our roots.
    Look, I'm not going to address your religious content; you can practice your faith any way you like.

But this statement...right here...is what's wrong with political discourse in America. Regardless if you're on the right or the left, thinking the "other side" is trying to destroy the country, is evil, Hitler, the devil, hates America, etc., whatever adjective you like, does nothing but bog down actual conversation and action. It's not realistic, or healthy, and both sides are guilty.

vCash
    I just had the extreme displeasure of being tested for Covid-19. Let me tell you. It's not comfortable.

Also let me tell you...the amount of conflicting info in the medical community and with government agencies right now in regards to this virus is truly disturbing. More so than the virus itself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    I just had the extreme displeasure of being tested for Covid-19. Let me tell you. It's not comfortable.

Also let me tell you...the amount of conflicting info in the medical community and with government agencies right now in regards to this virus is truly disturbing. More so than the virus itself.
    I'm mainly staying at home so I don't have to get tested**

but seriously, **** that

Also, can you expound on your second part?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Look, I'm not going to address your religious content; you can practice your faith any way you like.

But this statement...right here...is what's wrong with political discourse in America. Regardless if you're on the right or the left, thinking the "other side" is trying to destroy the country, is evil, Hitler, the devil, hates America, etc., whatever adjective you like, does nothing but bog down actual conversation and action. It's not realistic, or healthy, and both sides are guilty.
    Good post my man! There's to much divide in our country. I'm Christian and conservative but I have an open mind and I have great friends of all races, creeds, political views, orientations,etc...and we have discussions without it turning into "I hate you and you're evil" screaming match. I was brought up to listen and respect others even with differing views because you might just learn something and become better for it. No one person has all the answers and when you put aside your own ideas and agendas and actually communicate you can make things better. Sappy and Idealistic I know but it's worked for me for a long time.

vCash
    They have concluded that no testing method has worked consistently and will now announce test plan J, which features a lobotomic prefrontal removal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    They have concluded that no testing method has worked consistently and will now announce test plan J, which features a lobotomic prefrontal removal.
    There's some that might benefit from that lol