Page 119 of 274 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169219 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,380 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    So do you actually think his stance has changed on whether leaders are ultimately responsible?

Or are you just blindly defending him because he's on your team?
    Defending him. Hahaha.
    Yes I am pro trump but I'm not blind to see some of the issues he has
    But, you took a tweet that's From 7, SEVEN years ago and tried to fit it into today. It has no relevance today. Makes no sense why you or whoever would look through thousands of tweets to find one and fit it into some narrative. This shows me that your blinded by your trump hatred

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post
    Promised 30 million tests by end of March.
    https://www.newsweek.com/white-house...illion-1495356
    Just now have capacity for 150,000 a day

Promoted breaking social distancing, after the white house itself said we had to have 2 weeks of declining cases to begin going back to normal.

Has yet to use the federal government power to centraliaze and prioritize resources, left it up to individual states to get into a bidding war for supplies. https://www.forbes.com/sites/claryes.../#1edd9bfd1cde

And new report that the Trump administration knew there was an outbreak in 2019.... and still did nothing...

TL;DR
    No central coordination leading to:
    Still not enough testing (due to lack of supplies)
    Not enough PPE (lack of supplies),

Still not enough testing
    SO because he hasnt' done these two things you mentioned then the President has done nothing? How about this? The US has performed more Covid-19 tests than any other nation thus far...in a shorter time span.

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/f...ime=2020-02-15..

Also, it's funny you reference an article on the DPA from March 28th. 5 days later the DPA was enacted by the President. Ultimately, though, he has left private owned companies alone and allowed them to support the effort at their own discretion (which they have). To date there is no shortage of ventilators in the US or critical care beds. I would say that some hospitals have struggled but other hospitals in thase same general regions are ghost towns. I think that has a lot to do with mismanagement of resources at the local level by hospitals. (i.e. We are short 5 beds so lets send the patient a county over to the hospital with 25 open ICU beds. Wait...then we don't get paid for them...)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    He's the damn president. You blamed Moorhead when he was in charge of our football program, didn't you? Or did you look for GAs to put it on?
    The difference is that Moorhead was in total control of the football team. Trump is not in total control of the US ... per the Constitution.

vCash
    Not that this matters to your strawman argument, but Obama (and Biden) did deal with a disease outbreak...

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/ebola-response
    Yep. That administration put things in place to help protect us and the current administration gutted it. But he's got his scapegoat now, the WHO, and his followers will fall in line.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Yep. That administration put things in place to help protect us and the current administration gutted it. But he's got his scapegoat now, the WHO, and his followers will fall in line.
    The CDC has not been cut since Trump has been in office. Not saying he didn't want to but it has not been cut or gutted.

vCash
    I am thankful that I am not in the position where I have to defend the President?s response and leadership during the COVID crisis. Difficult job.

vCash
    I will never look at this God forsaken thread again ..... people, if you want to blame someone then blame those sneaky lying bastards in China ....... I thought y'all were educated
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    You don't understand what whataboutism is. If whataboutism includes pointing out alternatives, then it's worthless as a concept. It is not whataboutism to point out that lots of people with access to the same information came to the same conclusion. It is a circumstantial defense against a claim that a person used poor judgment or logic or was a knowing bad actor.
    The point is that the *only* defense they have of him is pointing to others. Examples have merits sure, but when you can't even defend the actions on their own and use counter examples to someone who has said the system is broken and needs an overhaul, it does nothing but prove that point as well. I don't think Hillary / Biden would have done a better job. And I think the overarching symptom of the lesser of two evils. is that it continually lowers the bar.

Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    So everyone missed it? Only trump gets blame though
    Which one of them are the leader of the free world? If normal everyday people could see this coming a mile away and our appointed leaders could not then we have a serious issue, no?

Trump gets the blame because he has done nothing.

One President, faced with a horrible choice, said " The Buck stops here"....

Making the tough decision is the ****ing job....

Trump said "I take no responsibility"

He should have been removed from office right then.
    You must spread rep around.

Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    Moorhead did not have to work with congress or the supreme court and work within the confines of the constitution. Moorhead had an easier job!
    Moorhead has some unruly folks leftover from the previous administration that did not mesh well with his leadership. Moorhead didn't cheat on the exams (perform insider trading, straight up steal american tax dollars), he just fostered the environment for it to happen. Moorhead took the blame for Cam Dantzler sitting out many games last year a lot like Trump is absolved i'd blame for many dems sitting out helping efforts. Moorhead was blamed for bringing Tommy Stevens in but it's Fauci's fault that Trump brought Fauci in. Does that clear up the comparison there?

Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Media says Trump didn't lock states down soon enough, so he's to blame.

Trump says he has power to unlock states, and then he's called a tyrant.

He is in a no-win situation.

He doesn't have the power but he does have the influence to have governors fall in line. None took it serious enough before he finally gave in. Now some are following his "liberate" bullshit. If he was ahead of this, he would have had several states much better off and in much better condition than what they are in now. Some states like New York would likely still be lost causes, but some states could have fully reopened by now. As it stands we're in limbo. The gripe is that he did not pull in the right directions early enough (and now is pulling in the wrong direction.)

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    I will never look at this God forsaken thread again ..... people, if you want to blame someone then blame those sneaky lying bastards in China ....... I thought y'all were educated
    To take a page from the "also blame what about" group. I do blame China as the root of this shit. I also blame our American leaders for not being prepared.

We are having a new 9/11 every day in New York and acted far too late to slow it down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    Just because someone may have a good academic pedigree does not mean they not a complete idiot in real life! Book knowledge does not always equate to wisdom which is the practical ability to use you knowledge to make good decisions consistently throughout your life.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    To take a page from the "also blame what about" group. I do blame China as the root of this shit. I also blame our American leaders for not being prepared.

We are having a new 9/11 every day in New York and acted far too late to slow it down.
    I don't think you are taking into account how close proximity these people live to each other. If you fart in one apartment, your neighbors can not only smell it but they can also tell you what you had for dinner last night! Is social distancing in NY as effective as say in rural MS? I don't think so!! Do the math!

vCash
    Interesting perspective here, and relates to our discussion of leadership and messaging...

https://www.commentarymagazine.com/n...to-all-people/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Interesting perspective here, and relates to our discussion of leadership and messaging...

https://www.commentarymagazine.com/n...to-all-people/
    There are falsehoods in this article:

"And while Donald Trump trails Joe Biden on the matter of who the public trusts more to deal with this health crisis, when it comes to the economy, ..."

Yeah right! Biden has been absent this entire COVID-19 issue. I wouldn't trust Biden with my pet Airedale.

vCash

"And while Donald Trump trails Joe Biden on the matter of who the public trusts more to deal with this health crisis, when it comes to the economy, ..."

Yeah right! Biden has been absent this entire COVID-19 issue. I wouldn't trust Biden with my pet Airedale.
    That is your individual opinion; Noah is quoting from current poling numbers. Sorry.

Banned
    vCash

Just like there is a blind loyalty to the republican side where 30% ask how high when he says jump, the flip side has about 35% of democrats who do the same thing. He trails. It's numbers. It's clear to me that you have main character syndrome. You don't even have a clue how to walk a mile in someone else's shoes.

vCash
    Kemp just semi-opened Georgia up starting Friday. Hospitals are allowed to start elective surgeries; restricted businesses like gyms and massage therapists can re-start friday following cleaning and social distancing requirements; restaurants and theaters that can follow social distancing can re-open Monday 4/27.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Biden has been absent this entire COVID-19 issue. I wouldn't trust Biden with my pet Airedale.
    I'm not sure what you expect him to do, given that he doesn't currently hold any public office, lol. As the former VP and Dem candidate for POTUS, he has spoken numerous times :re COVID-19, and even developed a plan to combat the virus (see https://joebiden.com/covid19/). Now obviously, you can disagree with his proposed course of action, but it's not "nothing".

vCash
    God I said I wouldnt but this I got to know

Why when trump cut off travel from China Biden and his dem friends called him racist and xenophobic?
    And now dems are saying he didn't do enough.
    What would they have said if had done some things earlier?

This is where some of you trump haters get confused.
    They find ways to undermine and create turmoil
    Hell does Biden even know he is running for president?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    That is your individual opinion; Noah is quoting from current poling numbers. Sorry.
    Polls ... they can be biased too. If I call exclusively into democratic stronghold areas my numbers will be highly skewed. To be truly random this guy or his polling agency will need a good entropy engine, to pick candidates to poll, or his results will not be as random as he thinks.

vCash
    Polls ... they can be biased too. If I call exclusively into democratic stronghold areas my numbers will be highly skewed. To be truly random this guy or his polling agency will need a good entropy engine, to pick candidates to poll, or his results will not be as random as he thinks.
    Ok, whatever. Polls. Got it. I hope you didn't let that stop you from finishing the article.