Page 116 of 274 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166216 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,320 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Fauci said it wasn't something the American public should worry about on Jan. 26th.
    https://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/ar...f=www.bing.com

Fauci said young people can go on a cruise on March 9th.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/douggol.../#7e0423482d4d

How come no one holds his feet to the fire in this?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Which democrats took it seriously back in January? Can you name the 1st one that came out and said this shit is serious, and when that was?

Cause I cain't find any.
    I didn't say any did. I didn't imply anything about Democrats doing anything better.

Trump is the leader of the country. Take his word for it, he's the one responsible:

[tweet2]398887965302091776[/tweet2]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Fauci said it wasn't something the American public should worry about on Jan. 26th.

The very same expert advisor Trump is listening to. I guess leadership is shutting down the whole American economy with circumstantial (at the time) evidence and going against what you think is one of your trusted experts in an arena which isn't your expertise.

Ok ... got it. Hope next Prez has his finger continuously on the "Shut Down Economy" button *** Just in case hacker and dano get a little nervous ***

vCash

And yet

Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    I didn't say any did. I didn't imply anything about Democrats doing anything better.

Trump is the leader of the country. Take his word for it, he's the one responsible:

It's not his call what states do. That is up to each governor. The only time the President said it was his call he was loudly proclaimed a dictator by both the left and the right.

vCash
    Leadership is not talking about your TV ratings and making jokes about ****ing models when thousands of people are dying

vCash

And he’s done a pretty damn good job of handling this. If you disagree, name a Democrat that would have done better. Obama???? Lmfo!!!!! His nuts would have shriveled up inside his body. We may not have ever heard from him during this. Biden??? Hahahahahaba!!! Bernie?!? Shut down this ****in economy until 2030!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    And he’s done a pretty damn good job of handling this. If you disagree, name a Democrat that would have done better. Obama???? Lmfo!!!!! His nuts would have shriveled up inside his body. We may not have ever heard from him during this. Biden??? Hahahahahaba!!! Bernie?!? Shut down this ****in economy until 2030!!!!
    Biden would've done bettah ***************

vCash
    Biden wouldn't even know what was going on.

I'm not a democrat.

I think just about all politicians are pieces of shit by nature. None of them have our best interests in mind.

Trump is worthy of heavy criticism. Some of it is hindsight, but most of it is not.

vCash
    Leadership is not talking about your TV ratings and making jokes about ****ing models when thousands of people are dying
    Now you might have a point there but ... that has nothing to do with what he's is doing or the decisions he's made. That's just him deflecting criticism and ... sometimes he do need to shut up without a doubt.

I'm not a huge fan of his personally or of his narcissistic nature. He can be quite irritating. But ... he has done some pretty decent things while Prez and if you can divorce his personality from the actual deeds then ... you're judging him more objectively.

vCash
    Social distancing was to slow the spread so hospitals weren?t overwhelmed. For the most part they haven?t been. Deaths are going to happen unfortunately but we have given our hospitals and scientists a fighting chance against a hidden virus.
    We slowed and lowered the curve to best battle for each individual who will come down with it in the future.

vCash
    #cultofpersonality

vCash
    Biden wouldn't even know what was going on.

I'm not a democrat.

I think just about all politicians are pieces of shit by nature. None of them have our best interests in mind.

Trump is worthy of heavy criticism. Some of it is hindsight, but most of it is not.
    I agree with your entire post. I’m not a Trump freak. Just don’t see any other better candidates today or 3 years ago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    #cultofpersonality
    Thank God he won!!! I can’t imagine where we’d be right now with the alternative.

vCash
    I agree with your entire post. I’m not a Trump freak. Just don’t see any other better candidates today or 3 years ago.
    Thank God he won!!! I can’t imagine where we’d be right now with the alternative.
    Bingo.

vCash

Because the media likes him.

And that's where the media is really two faced. Trump has been listening to Fauci and yet they criticize everything Trump does while praising Fauci.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    I think this is what is confusing everyone. Initial predictions for death related to Covid WITH social distancing was in the millions...then it moved to "we may keep it below 1 million", then it was 500,000, then it was 250,000, now it is 100,000-200,000 now it's "we hope to keep it below 100,000". So we started with millions of death in the USA alone to possibly under 100,000. It is impossible that "social distancing" has created such a flattening of the curve unless the initial R0 and mortality rates are completely wrong. That is a massive miscalculation. In fact, in most instancing a miscalculation of this sort would end your career in the scientific community. And now there is a lot of chatter about the initial model out of the UK being flawed. Your argument is that if the President had done something two weeks earlier (which he did when he suspended inbound flights from Asian countries and was CRUCIFIED by his opponents for being racist when the "Chinese Virus" wasn't a real threat) then we would have been under...what...50k deaths? 30k? 10k? 100?

I'm neither Republican nor Democrat but I've been watching the spin from both sides of this argument and it is ****ing hilarious.
    Hacker did a solid job of responding to this but I just want to add this video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BSVYf_2XQN4

As the reporter pointed out we somewhat bought ourselves a month+ and we did not a damn thing. (If you ignore the admittedly funny cnn lines and just listen to the debate you see the problem that people have.

And as for the Biden criticizing him thing... to be fair, no way that dude knew what Trump did that day. His comment was to make sure we didn't come from xenophobia and from science. (While I disagree with the buzzword there, we shouldn't trust China. Period. That's a whole other conversation.) It was the poorest of timing and again no way biden was even cognizant of what he said (or what the corona virus is to be fair.)

vCash
    I have been waiting on Walking Dead season final but they never finished it due to the virus. Great ready for a bunch of reruns on your favorite shows. We should have just let Macarthur lose back in the 50's.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Confucius say View Post
    I agree the two weeks would have helped with those things you listed In the second paragraph. But I don't think any of that would have "greatly changed the trajectory" of this worldwide pandemic.
    Agree to disagree. No guarantees for sure but it would not have hurt to have Trump pulling in the right direction earlier. That is the main point and that's where my criticism comes from. He could have done better. Which brings me to an overarching theme that people love to do. So Here's the rapid fire response:

Which democrats took it seriously back in January? Can you name the 1st one that came out and said this shit is serious, and when that was?

Cause I cain't find any.
    Whataboutism

Whataboutism

How come no trump supporters hold Trump responsible for appointing him?

The very same expert advisor Trump is listening to. I guess leadership is shutting down the whole American economy with circumstantial (at the time) evidence and going against what you think is one of your trusted experts in an arena which isn't your expertise.

Ok ... got it. Hope next Prez has his finger continuously on the "Shut Down Economy" button *** Just in case hacker and dano get a little nervous ***
    Glad he only surrounds himself with the best people.

Whataboutism.

We're here with Trump. Why are we worried about what they would do. That's how you get a giant douche vs. a turd sandwich. We should all want Trump to be the best president Trump can be. If his redeeming quality is he's not Hillary then we as a society have failed.

Coronavirus would have mutated to spread via email.

vCash
    What state you in?

Russia ... He and Putin are buddies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    Russia ... He and Putin are buddies!
    So what you are saying is he lives in California.