Page 114 of 274 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164214 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,280 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    "Unilateral decision to prevent the state to state spread and cause it to be contained . . . ."

I'm all for justified criticism, but please explain what your statement above would look like, keeping in mind the 10th Amendment.
    Last edited by confucius say; 04-19-2020 at 03:03 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    77 said that 80% recovery rate was good odds. I'm going strictly off his bad numbers. By his measure it's actually safer to play Russian Roulette than it is to get Coronavirus. And he thinks it's good odds.

This is an example of the problem with the whole political landscape. You think it's about "getting my guy" (Biden is not my guy) in. You vilify the other side to make yourself feel like the good guys. Newsflash. Both sides want this country to thrive. We have different opinions on how. Both sides want this country to be run the best possible way. When one side points out that Trump is doing a shit job, it's not because they hate him, ITS BECAUSE HES DOING A SHIT JOB. The man used twitter to incite riots for ****s sake. There's nothing to defend him on this. He dropped the ball and has kicked it down the hill. Now he's got a shovel and is digging as deep of a hole as possible for it. He's ****ing up my country and as an American that pisses me off.

Every comment I read of yours tells me you don't see other humans as humans but as devils trying to destroy your life. Yikes. (See how I flipped it around on you and are telling you what you think. Kinda how you are saying "all liberals hate trump. nope i'm right I know what they are thinking.)

~2k people die from this every day, do you think this is over???? I'm one of the few who gave out a prediction and that was without social distancing coming into effect. So uhhh... I don't know why you're talking shit like you're the "right one" and that this virus is over. It ain't.

You're a lost cause.

Most people who criticize him say what they would have done better. But I don't expect you to get that far before you've turned off the "liberal hate speech" and went back to your Trumpoganda cave.

Here's a few though: He could have not done the recent twitter outburst inciting riots. He could have acknowledged this a month earlier than he did instead of calling it the "left's new hoax." He could have not left it up to the governors and made an earlier unilateral decision to prevent the state to state spread and cause it to be contained (and thusly be able to reopen individual states as we go.) Could have not thrown 55 million dollars of taxpayer money away on a bad deal that will give us nothing. Could actually support small businesses and the working class with the CARES act instead of spending so much time trying to bail out big businesses who can afford to go thin for a few months. Ask small business owner friends you know how much help they've gotten so far. It will probably surprise you.

LMFAOOOOOOO. "The fact you have to research tells me enough."

Wow. Someone is offering to give you a deep dive into the past 2 months of failures with sources and you ridicule them for that? You're literally anti-knowledge.

I'm sorry for everyone who aligns ideals with this twat. He fosters the bad reputation and helps widen the divide between sides.
    Link where I said I thought the "virus was over"? I'm not sure why you were taking shit to me in the first place honestly. It's definitely not as bad in America as many feared. I've never said anything about the rest of the world.

But hey! If you want to challenge someone on the front lines who has actually seen what is going on with your "knowledge" by all means...

Just know that the media lies are very apparent if only America could see it first hand. Pretty eye opening to me.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    "Unilateral decision to prevent the state to state spread and cause it to be contained . . . ."

I'm all for justified criticism, but please explain what your statement above would look like, keeping in mind the 10th Amendment.
    Oh i'm sorry I thought he had total authority. Forgot to fact check my source, didn't think I would have to since it's the president.***

Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Link where I said I thought the "virus was over"? I'm not sure why you were taking shit to me in the first place honestly. It's definitely not as bad in America as many feared. I've never said anything about the rest of the world.

But hey! If you want to challenge someone on the front lines who has actually seen what is going on with your "knowledge" by all means...

Just know that the media lies are very apparent if only America could see it first hand. Pretty eye opening to me.
    You're the one attacking me for a back of the envelope super early prediction that with stats that you were touting would end up being close to right. I'm just confused why.

And for the record I asked you why you are talking like it is. I never said you said the virus is over. And there was nothing about the rest of the world. 2k people die everyday in the UNITED STATES.

I'm not challenging you... you're challenging me.

Banned
    vCash

Sorry didn't add my non-snarky reply to this.

If we would have had a unified front and been able to contain this from state to state at the beginning of march like we were with the shutdowns, many states like Mississippi would have already been fully reopened before April started. New York and a couple others would still be ****ed but as a group we would not be going through it.

vCash
    Oh i'm sorry I thought he had total authority. Forgot to fact check my source, didn't think I would have to since it's the president.***

You're the one attacking me for a back of the envelope super early prediction that with stats that you were touting would end up being close to right. I'm just confused why.

And for the record I asked you why you are talking like it is. I never said you said the virus is over. And there was nothing about the rest of the world. 2k people die everyday in the UNITED STATES.

Ok no link? Thanks.

vCash

I'm not sure what you mean, but the President in no way, shape, or form has total authority just because he is the president. This isn't China. Perfect example, he doesn't have the authority to reopen any individual state right now.

Banned
    vCash
    Ok no link? Thanks.
    "I don't know why you're talking shit like you're the "right one" and that this virus is over"

Ok no link showing where I said you said the virus is over? Thanks.

Bad straw man argument is bad.

Banned
    vCash
    I'm not sure what you mean, but the President in no way, shape, or form has total authority just because he is the president. This isn't China. Perfect example, he doesn't have the authority to reopen any individual state right now.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dhni0fYpnXI

Only watch about the first minute or so. The CNN commentary as always is outlandish. This is nowhere near trump's biggest melt
    Last edited by dantheman4248; 04-19-2020 at 03:26 PM.

vCash

If we would have had a unified front and been able to contain this from state to state at the beginning of march like we were with the shutdowns, many states like Mississippi would have already been fully reopened before April started. New York and a couple others would still be ****ed but as a group we would not be going through it.
    Not true at all. We'd still be closed at least to a point. A couple weeks wouldn't have changed much at all.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Not true at all. We'd still be closed at least to a point. A couple weeks wouldn't have changed much at all.
    I disagree but to each their own and I feel like the main point is that if he would have treated this not as the liberals new hoax and would have been two more weeks in front of it then we would be infinitely better off. In the scheme of what he's ****ed up on this, his lateness in accepting this virus's reality isn't highest on the list.

vCash
    "I don't know why you're talking shit like you're the "right one" and that this virus is over"

Ok no link showing where I said you said the virus is over? Thanks.

Bad straw man argument is bad.
    It's not a straw man if YOU are the ones putting words into my mouth. Maybe that's why you get so many "ad hominem" attacks. The exact quote was "I'm not sure why you are patting yourself on the back when he was wrong."

I don't think it's over nor did I ever say it was. YOU'RE the one that said that not me. I said your to clarify what I meant projected death totals were off and I'm not sure why you were patting yourself on that back about that.

But carry on with whatever wrong bullshit you're going to post next but leave me out of it and don't tell me what I'm thinking to try to deflect and make yourself look better. Just say I misunderstood and move on.

Banned
    vCash
    It's not a straw man if YOU are the ones putting words into my mouth. Maybe that's why you get so many "ad hominem" attacks. The exact quote was "I'm not sure why you are patting yourself on the back when he was wrong."

I don't think it's over nor did I ever say it was. YOU'RE the one that said that not me. I said your to clarify what I meant projected death totals were off and I'm not sure why you were patting yourself on that back about that.

But carry on with whatever wrong bullshit you're going to post next but leave me out of it and don't tell me what I'm thinking to try to deflect and make yourself look better. Just say I misunderstood and move on.
    I NEVER SAID YOU SAID IT WAS. I SAID YOU WERE TALKING LIKE IT WAS OVER. I DID NOT SAY YOU SAID IT WAS OVER. Jesus I don't get why people have to try to be right in every ****ing conversation and just double down when they are wrong. *******.

It's a straw man. You created a false argument (me saying you said it's over) and attacked it.

Saying a total prediction is wrong when this isn't over implies that you are talking like it is over. This isn't hard Todd, you're smarter than this. Stop doubling down on me being the boogeyman. I swear if I said the sky was blue someone of you would argue it.

vCash

That's fine, but what through me off was the "unilateral decision" comment. He couldn't do that if he wanted to. If you are upset about a delay in a state shutting down, that anger should be directed at that state's governor, not the President. Trumps tune became more serious long before individual states began making the decision to shut down.

Banned
    vCash
    That's fine, but what through me off was the "unilateral decision" comment. He couldn't do that if he wanted to. If you are upset about a delay in a state shutting down, that anger should be directed at that state's governor, not the President. Trumps tune became more serious long before individual states began making the decision to shut down.
    Well this was in response to what trump specifically did wrong. Not getting into specific governors but trust me the one in my state is getting raked over the coals for his response too. Also Trump's tune was not serious long before. It was the same week as most states that he flipped.

With the unilateral comment I should have thrown some sarcasterisks in there initially. If you watched the video I linked in another comment you'd have context for that.

vCash
    Well this was in response to what trump specifically did wrong. Not getting into specific governors but trust me the one in my state is getting raked over the coals for his response too. Also Trump's tune was not serious long before. It was the same week as most states that he flipped.

With the unilateral comment I should have thrown some sarcasterisks in there initially. If you watched the video I linked in another comment you'd have context for that.
    What state you in?

vCash
    I NEVER SAID YOU SAID IT WAS. I SAID YOU WERE TALKING LIKE IT WAS OVER. I DID NOT SAY YOU SAID IT WAS OVER. Jesus I don't get why people have to try to be right in every ****ing conversation and just double down when they are wrong. *******.

It's a straw man. You created a false argument (me saying you said it's over) and attacked it.

Saying a total prediction is wrong when this isn't over implies that you are talking like it is over. This isn't hard Todd, you're smarter than this. Stop doubling down on me being the boogeyman. I swear if I said the sky was blue someone of you would argue it.
    I just don't like it when people put words in my mouth and tell ME what I'm thinking.

And since you think you know everything tell me what I'm thinking right now?

If I said the sky was blue you would tell me I was talking like I said it was purple. And then tell me it was strawman AFTER I told you my intent and then insisted that wasn't my real intent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    What state you in?
    Probably China.**

vCash
    I disagree but to each their own and I feel like the main point is that if he would have treated this not as the liberals new hoax and would have been two more weeks in front of it then we would be infinitely better off. In the scheme of what he's ****ed up on this, his lateness in accepting this virus's reality isn't highest on the list.
    Name all the 17ing states that shut down weeks before us that are open. Not a 17ing one. So you're wrong again.

vCash
    Not sure how you can say it's not as bad as predicted when we are sitting at 41k dead and no one has reopened yet. What someone may be seeing in their area on the "front lines" doesn't paint this picture accurately. I'd guess 90% of hospitals in this country are running less than average occupancy essentially by design right now. So if you're in a hospital chances are you're not "feeling" the hype.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    Not sure how you can say it's not as bad as predicted when we are sitting at 41k dead and no one has reopened yet. What someone may be seeing in their area on the "front lines" doesn't paint this picture accurately. I'd guess 90% of hospitals in this country are running less than average occupancy essentially by design right now. So if you're in a hospital chances are you're not "feeling" the hype.
    It's not as bad because the initial predictions by Dr. Fauci were much much higher. One big reason why the hospitals are running at a lower capacity in general is because they were all trying to prepare for the worst.

And now we're starting to talk about re-opening states in phases.