Page 113 of 274 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,260 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    No need the fact you have to research tells me enough.

Drinking as well

Have a great weekend
    Lol, and tells you what exactly?

vCash
    Miss band of Choctaw indians' chief, Cyrus Ben tested positive

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxdog View Post
    And can safely say I'm more interested in the Severe weather thread. Hey REF come back out of retirement!!

Buncha dick measuring (on both sides) bitches. 112 pages for a back and forth between basically 8 posters?

Tell you how bad it's been. Msstate7 has been relatively calm during all of this. Kudos 7.

Will say I've been entertained and informed. Carry on.
    Aren't I always calm? Lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxdog View Post
    And can safely say I'm more interested in the Severe weather thread. Hey REF come back out of retirement!!

Buncha dick measuring (on both sides) bitches. 112 pages for a back and forth between basically 8 posters?

Tell you how bad it's been. Msstate7 has been relatively calm during all of this. Kudos 7.

Will say I've been entertained and informed. Carry on.
    Informed?? Really?? What'd ya learn?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Aren't I always calm? Lol
    You always the calmest one in the eye of the storm. The calmest **

vCash
    Concerns with that Stanford study of coronavirus prevalence

https://statmodeling.stat.columbia.e...us-prevalence/

vCash
    What's happening in Albany, GA? Anyone know? I've seen a lot of people saying it won't ever be bad around here because we're rural.

1400 cases, 90 deaths in Dougherty County (Albany)

More deaths than Fulton County
    Last edited by hacker; 04-19-2020 at 09:00 AM.

vCash
    Funerals. Spread like wildfire.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...rus/index.html

But I'm sure that couldn't happen in rural MS***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    Funerals. Spread like wildfire.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...rus/index.html

But I'm sure that couldn't happen in rural MS***
    Yep - rural areas are already the next wave. Cases up significantly yesterday in places like the Dakotas.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/2994619001/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Yep - rural areas are already the next wave. Cases up significantly yesterday in places like the Dakotas.

Everyone... well, most everyone is gonna get it, and there's nothing we can do to stop it. Shelter in place isn't to prevent cases but to spread them out. At some point, we gonna have to start up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    What's happening in Albany, GA? Anyone know? I've seen a lot of people saying it won't ever be bad around here because we're rural.

1400 cases, 90 deaths in Dougherty County (Albany)

More deaths than Fulton County
    Go to any gas station in rural Mississippi and watch. Several times I’ve been the ONLY person wearing a mask and sanitizing my hands before I ever sit back down in my truck. Went to Kieth’s Superstore on 49 just north of Hattiesburg yesterday. I had to run in for a second. I was the only customer in there wearing a mask and the place was packed. People standing in line buying food off the deli station. Workers were wearing masks but the lady serving had hers pulled below her nose.

vCash

Rural areas have high percentages of older and poor people. Younger, educated people leave the rural areas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Rural areas have high percentages of older and poor people. Younger, educated people leave the rural areas.
    The biggest thing is that they have the most limited access to medical services. Rural hospitals are almost non-existent. It is also a population that historically eschews doctors anyway, meaning they might not begin to seek care until it is too late. The potential for this to decimate rural areas is real and Albany is a good example because it is a rural hub city - so it is the only real medical access for almost an hour any direction.

vCash
    New Boston antibody test is promising. 200 people on the street who had no positive test were tested for antibodies and 64 showed antibodies. Small sample size, but great news!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bostonglobe.com/2020/04/17/business/nearly-third-200-blood-samples-taken-chelsea-show-exposure-coronavirus/%3foutputType=amp
    Last edited by confucius say; 04-19-2020 at 10:47 AM.

vCash
    The biggest thing is that they have the most limited access to medical services. Rural hospitals are almost non-existent. It is also a population that historically eschews doctors anyway, meaning they might not begin to seek care until it is too late. The potential for this to decimate rural areas is real and Albany is a good example because it is a rural hub city - so it is the only real medical access for almost an hour any direction.
    Correct BrunswickDawg! All rural areas have nursing homes and if it gets into those locations, then it's game over. When you add the need for extensive care needed plus the lack of acute care locations - it will decimate those vulnerable people.

I'm not one to live in fear, but to say it won't impact rural areas due to population density is naive.

vCash
    New chart from MSDH:

vCash
    File not found

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post
    File not found
    Try this one
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/14/n...us-deaths.html

Also, From same publication on Friday
    "New York City increased its death count by more than 3,700 on Tuesday, after officials said they were now including people who had never tested positive for the virus but were presumed to have died of it."

I posted these from a notorious liberal outlet so let's just see what happens over the next few weeks

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    This virus sucks but it's not that bad man. It's not the damn bubonic plague.
    77 said that 80% recovery rate was good odds. I'm going strictly off his bad numbers. By his measure it's actually safer to play Russian Roulette than it is to get Coronavirus. And he thinks it's good odds.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    liberal want it to be as bad as possible. They see it as their only way of getting Biden into the white house.
    This is an example of the problem with the whole political landscape. You think it's about "getting my guy" (Biden is not my guy) in. You vilify the other side to make yourself feel like the good guys. Newsflash. Both sides want this country to thrive. We have different opinions on how. Both sides want this country to be run the best possible way. When one side points out that Trump is doing a shit job, it's not because they hate him, ITS BECAUSE HES DOING A SHIT JOB. The man used twitter to incite riots for ****s sake. There's nothing to defend him on this. He dropped the ball and has kicked it down the hill. Now he's got a shovel and is digging as deep of a hole as possible for it. He's ****ing up my country and as an American that pisses me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    That is where you are wrong. That hate for Trump is powerful.
    Every comment I read of yours tells me you don't see other humans as humans but as devils trying to destroy your life. Yikes. (See how I flipped it around on you and are telling you what you think. Kinda how you are saying "all liberals hate trump. nope i'm right I know what they are thinking.)

Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Not sure why you're patting yourself on the back here when you were way off.
    ~2k people die from this every day, do you think this is over???? I'm one of the few who gave out a prediction and that was without social distancing coming into effect. So uhhh... I don't know why you're talking shit like you're the "right one" and that this virus is over. It ain't.

You are spot on. This shut down is 70-80% due to the trump hate couldn't impeach him
    Trump shuts down China travel. Left: He is a vile person
    Trump shuts down travel to Europe. He is a vile person
    Ventilators?? We have an excess in some states
    Trump pushed for stimulus. Dems wanted it shut down
    Now pushing for more federal funding for small business.... left voted it down
    Opening the country back up
    Nope we are against it for 18 months unless your gonna pay us. Look at all the Dems wanting handouts for their states... those states are operating at a deficient
    Now left are mad cause we don't have enough test....
    It goes on and on
    It's the left that's pushing what Dan the commi man wants. Fear fear fear. Don't let trump get re-elected
    They have resulted in shutting down the country because of their hate of trump
    You're a lost cause.

Not trying to flame you but I'd like to know what could he have done differently?
    Most people who criticize him say what they would have done better. But I don't expect you to get that far before you've turned off the "liberal hate speech" and went back to your Trumpoganda cave.

Here's a few though: He could have not done the recent twitter outburst inciting riots. He could have acknowledged this a month earlier than he did instead of calling it the "left's new hoax." He could have not left it up to the governors and made an earlier unilateral decision to prevent the state to state spread and cause it to be contained (and thusly be able to reopen individual states as we go.) Could have not thrown 55 million dollars of taxpayer money away on a bad deal that will give us nothing. Could actually support small businesses and the working class with the CARES act instead of spending so much time trying to bail out big businesses who can afford to go thin for a few months. Ask small business owner friends you know how much help they've gotten so far. It will probably surprise you.

No need the fact you have to research tells me enough.

Drinking as well

Have a great weekend
    LMFAOOOOOOO. "The fact you have to research tells me enough."

Wow. Someone is offering to give you a deep dive into the past 2 months of failures with sources and you ridicule them for that? You're literally anti-knowledge.

I'm sorry for everyone who aligns ideals with this twat. He fosters the bad reputation and helps widen the divide between sides.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    77 said that 80% recovery rate was good odds. I'm going strictly off his bad numbers. By his measure it's actually safer to play Russian Roulette than it is to get Coronavirus. And he thinks it's good odds.

This is an example of the problem with the whole political landscape. You think it's about "getting my guy" (Biden is not my guy) in. You vilify the other side to make yourself feel like the good guys. Newsflash. Both sides want this country to thrive. We have different opinions on how. Both sides want this country to be run the best possible way. When one side points out that Trump is doing a shit job, it's not because they hate him, ITS BECAUSE HES DOING A SHIT JOB. The man used twitter to incite riots for ****s sake. There's nothing to defend him on this. He dropped the ball and has kicked it down the hill. Now he's got a shovel and is digging as deep of a hole as possible for it. He's ****ing up my country and as an American that pisses me off.

Every comment I read of yours tells me you don't see other humans as humans but as devils trying to destroy your life. Yikes. (See how I flipped it around on you and are telling you what you think. Kinda how you are saying "all liberals hate trump. nope i'm right I know what they are thinking.)

~2k people die from this every day, do you think this is over???? I'm one of the few who gave out a prediction and that was without social distancing coming into effect. So uhhh... I don't know why you're talking shit like you're the "right one" and that this virus is over. It ain't.

You're a lost cause.

Most people who criticize him say what they would have done better. But I don't expect you to get that far before you've turned off the "liberal hate speech" and went back to your Trumpoganda cave.

Here's a few though: He could have not done the recent twitter outburst inciting riots. He could have acknowledged this a month earlier than he did instead of calling it the "left's new hoax." He could have not left it up to the governors and made an earlier unilateral decision to prevent the state to state spread and cause it to be contained (and thusly be able to reopen individual states as we go.) Could have not thrown 55 million dollars of taxpayer money away on a bad deal that will give us nothing. Could actually support small businesses and the working class with the CARES act instead of spending so much time trying to bail out big businesses who can afford to go thin for a few months. Ask small business owner friends you know how much help they've gotten so far. It will probably surprise you.

LMFAOOOOOOO. "The fact you have to research tells me enough."

Wow. Someone is offering to give you a deep dive into the past 2 months of failures with sources and you ridicule them for that? You're literally anti-knowledge.

I'm sorry for everyone who aligns ideals with this twat. He fosters the bad reputation and helps widen the divide between sides.
    I have stayed off this page today but did look at a few times including just a few minutes ago
    I don't know you and really don't care to ever know you.
    Your constant need for attention tells me you're likely around 24-29. Don't fully have a grasp of the real world and would rather argue than debate
    Your a spiteful person who only comes here to start a fight or post dribble.
    I'm not gonna post in this thread anymore. I think most would agree your post are insufferable And scream look at me. This is conducive to your age group. You get your kicks from attacking others.
    Have a good weekend