Page 112 of 274 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162212 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,240 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Not sure why you're patting yourself on the back here when you were way off.
    Yea he lost me. The Wuhan lab-distributed virus has killed 157k last I saw earlier today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Lol, so now it's the "lefts fault" the country is shut down? The "left" and all its mighty Trump hate, influenced Trump and his administration to compel the shutdown of travel, non-essential business, and social distancing for the rest of the country? Do you think about how these words come together to form sentences before you spout them out?
    He didn't imply what your saying. The "left" has ridiculed every decision by the president. He never said it was the "lefts" fault. And I take it you aren't a small business owner because you definitely wouldn't be supporting the "left" right now.

vCash
    Bullshit.

People can rightfully question and criticize a President for the poor choices (or lack there of) he's made during a major disaster/event, but that doesn't mean they are wishing for the maximum loss of life just to "get him".
    I don't think people want other people to die but I do believe they want this to politically hurt Trump as much as possible. I have been going CNN, MSNBC all net works to get what info I can on the virus. Those two channels are nothing but attack and more attack. I have Liberal friends and all they post now is what they heard on those channels. "Never let crisis go to waste.:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    If you go with the low end (50x) for the whole country, here's your new numbers...

35.5 million cases
    New death rate: .0011
    Right, this is the point that theyre making and the point of these studies. I'm not an expert in this stuff, but the people I'm speaking with are. More and more of these studies are starting to be done. I'll be interested to hear the results of the wake forest Baptist study in the next couple days to see if it matches the others research. That's why the results of these studies are so promising because it shows that that the mortality rate is much lower and the virus is not as lethal and severe as expected. It does give us hope.
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 04-18-2020 at 03:56 PM.

vCash
    Sigh...no, no they don't.

Are there assholes out in the world? Yes...of course, but the vast majority of people, on both sides of the aisle, want this to be over, with as little loss of life as possible. I love my wife and daughter, but being cooped up with them 24-7 is driving me nuts. Thank God for Xbox....
    Is the Xbox for you or them lol!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    He didn't imply what your saying. The "left" has ridiculed every decision by the president. He never said it was the "lefts" fault. And I take it you aren't a small business owner because you definitely wouldn't be supporting the "left" right now.
    Well, many of these decisions have warranted ridicule, or at least critical examination, especially when taken into context with the timeline of action. Not only that, but tell me any similar moment in American history, in terms of scope and scale, where the actions of a President aren't magnified to the point of this level of scrutiny. Off hand, I can only really think of the few months post-911; there were a few detractors, but for the most part W had unilateral support in the aftermath of that particular disaster.

Also, perhaps what gaslights this situation the most, is when Trump proposes a reasonable policy or idea (i.e., the re-open the country phases plan), yet he immediately undermines himself and his own administration by going full ****ing retard on Twitter (e.g., LIBERATE!!!).

You can call the reaction to these things "liberal hate", but that is just lazy and sycophantic. In fact, most of the journalists I follow are of the conservative variety, and almost across the board, they ridicule pretty much the exact same things you hear from likes of CNN, MSNBC, etc. This isn't some conspiracy to "get the Prez".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Is the Xbox for you or them lol!
    Lol, it is for me.

I've been playing Division 2 (a Tom Clancy shooter) online with a buddy of mine who lives in Starkville pretty much daily since lock down started.

vCash
    This is pretty cool. Real time reproductive numbers in each state.

https://rt.live/

vCash
    Lol, it is for me.

I've been playing Division 2 (a Tom Clancy shooter) online with a buddy of mine who lives in Starkville pretty much daily since lock down started.
    A good diversion! Stay safe!
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 04-18-2020 at 04:13 PM.

vCash
    A good diversion! Stay safe$
    Indeed, and you as well, bud.

I've also got my garden to keep me busy. I built a fence to keep out the rabbits and started a few seeds a couple weeks ago......and today woke up to 4 inches of snow.....in mid April.....so yeah...

vCash
    Indeed, and you as well, bud.

I've also got my garden to keep me busy. I built a fence to keep out the rabbits and started a few seeds a couple weeks ago......and today woke up to 4 inches of snow.....in mid April.....so yeah...
    Thanks! Oh no, snow ain't good for a garden!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    This is pretty cool. Real time reproductive numbers in each state.

https://rt.live/
    My only issue is that states aren't testing like they were. So the numbers aren't really accurate.

vCash
    Well, many of these decisions have warranted ridicule, or at least critical examination, especially when taken into context with the timeline of action. Not only that, but tell me any similar moment in American history, in terms of scope and scale, where the actions of a President aren't magnified to the point of this level of scrutiny. Off hand, I can only really think of the few months post-911; there were a few detractors, but for the most part W had unilateral support in the aftermath of that particular disaster.

Also, perhaps what gaslights this situation the most, is when Trump proposes a reasonable policy or idea (i.e., the re-open the country phases plan), yet he immediately undermines himself and his own administration by going full ****ing retard on Twitter (e.g., LIBERATE!!!).

You can call the reaction to these things "liberal hate", but that is just lazy and sycophantic. In fact, most of the journalists I follow are of the conservative variety, and almost across the board, they ridicule pretty much the exact same things you hear from likes of CNN, MSNBC, etc. This isn't some conspiracy to "get the Prez".
    Not trying to flame you but I'd like to know what could he have done differently?

vCash
    Right, this is the point that theyre making and the point of these studies. I'm not an expert in this stuff, but the people I'm speaking with are. More and more of these studies are starting to be done. I'll be interested to hear the results of the wake forest Baptist study in the next couple days to see if it matches the others research. That's why the results of these studies are so promising because it shows that that the mortality rate is much lower and the virus is not as lethal and severe as expected. It does give us hope.
    How many people have died from the flu in the past four weeKs?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Bump...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    We don't know cause there coded COVID

Truth hurts

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    Not trying to flame you but I'd like to know what could he have done differently?
    Pretty sure most, if not all, has been covered already in this (now) 112 page thread. I hope you don't want me to synthesize all that, lol?

I can certainly re-cap some of the main issues if you like (and I'll definitely provide sources), but that will take me a bit to put together.

Happy to do it, though I would prefer to wait until I'm not drinking**
    Last edited by BeardoMSU; 04-18-2020 at 05:57 PM.

vCash
    Pretty sure most, if not all, has been covered already in this (now) 112 page thread. I hope you don't want me to synthesize all that, lol?

I can certainly re-cap some of the main issues if you like (and I'll definitely provide sources), but that will take me a bit to put together.

Happy to do it, though I would prefer to wait until I'm not drinking**
    No need the fact you have to research tells me enough.

Drinking as well

Have a great weekend

vCash

Read this whole thread/rarely post

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    No need the fact you have to research tells me enough.

Drinking as well

Have a great weekend

And can safely say I'm more interested in the Severe weather thread. Hey REF come back out of retirement!!

Buncha dick measuring (on both sides) bitches. 112 pages for a back and forth between basically 8 posters?

Tell you how bad it's been. Msstate7 has been relatively calm during all of this. Kudos 7.

Will say I've been entertained and informed. Carry on.