Page 107 of 250 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157207 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,140 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Yep. That administration put things in place to help protect us and the current administration gutted it. But he's got his scapegoat now, the WHO, and his followers will fall in line.
    The CDC has not been cut since Trump has been in office. Not saying he didn't want to but it has not been cut or gutted.

vCash
    Leadership is not talking about your TV ratings and making jokes about ****ing models when thousands of people are dying

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    Leadership is not talking about your TV ratings and making jokes about ****ing models when thousands of people are dying
    Now you might have a point there but ... that has nothing to do with what he's is doing or the decisions he's made. That's just him deflecting criticism and ... sometimes he do need to shut up without a doubt.

I'm not a huge fan of his personally or of his narcissistic nature. He can be quite irritating. But ... he has done some pretty decent things while Prez and if you can divorce his personality from the actual deeds then ... you're judging him more objectively.

vCash
    Biden wouldn't even know what was going on.

I'm not a democrat.

I think just about all politicians are pieces of shit by nature. None of them have our best interests in mind.

Trump is worthy of heavy criticism. Some of it is hindsight, but most of it is not.

vCash
    Biden wouldn't even know what was going on.

I'm not a democrat.

I think just about all politicians are pieces of shit by nature. None of them have our best interests in mind.

Trump is worthy of heavy criticism. Some of it is hindsight, but most of it is not.
    I agree with your entire post. I’m not a Trump freak. Just don’t see any other better candidates today or 3 years ago.

vCash
    Social distancing was to slow the spread so hospitals weren?t overwhelmed. For the most part they haven?t been. Deaths are going to happen unfortunately but we have given our hospitals and scientists a fighting chance against a hidden virus.
    We slowed and lowered the curve to best battle for each individual who will come down with it in the future.

vCash
    I have been waiting on Walking Dead season final but they never finished it due to the virus. Great ready for a bunch of reruns on your favorite shows. We should have just let Macarthur lose back in the 50's.

vCash
    Would it have been better if Dems were in control? Check out this tweet (collage of Dem leaders on corona)...

https://twitter.com/steph93065/statu...634804736?s=21

Lifted from sps (drebin)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Would it have been better if Dems were in control? Check out this tweet (collage of Dem leaders on corona)...

Lifted from sps (drebin)
    This. You can always find something to rebutt what was posted in these video clips. Why? Because Democrats have been talking out of both sides of their mouths since this began to cover their asses. They are no better or worse than Republicans or our President. Every...single...person..in politics is leveraging this virus for political and personal gain. Period.

vCash

Lifted from sps (drebin)
    Could you not do this exact thing with republicans? Hell, you could do it with just Trump and I'm sure somebody has. What's the point of posting this aside from more divisiveness?

Didn't take long to find this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NezEbDx4B9A
    Last edited by hacker; 04-20-2020 at 10:32 AM.

vCash
    Could you not do this exact thing with republicans? Hell, you could do it with just Trump and I'm sure somebody has. What's the point of posting this aside from more divisiveness?

I think that's the whole point of the post...

You have a large section of the media ONLY showing the clips that you posted and holding up the other side of this as the "good guys" while never showing those other clips. On the other side, your channels like Fox News show the clips of democrat leaders doing the same thing and they are villified as a biased news outlet. This is pure manipulation and there is no way that the media (in general) is not complicit. This happens to be an ethical violation.

vCash

So everyone missed it? Only trump gets blame though

vCash
    Trump gets the blame because he has done nothing.

One President, faced with a horrible choice, said " The Buck stops here"....

Making the tough decision is the ****ing job....

Trump said "I take no responsibility"

He should have been removed from office right then.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post

Explain how he has done nothing. I'm interested in this take.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Explain how he has done nothing. I'm interested in this take.
    Promised 30 million tests by end of March.
    https://www.newsweek.com/white-house...illion-1495356
    Just now have capacity for 150,000 a day

Promoted breaking social distancing, after the white house itself said we had to have 2 weeks of declining cases to begin going back to normal.

Has yet to use the federal government power to centraliaze and prioritize resources, left it up to individual states to get into a bidding war for supplies. https://www.forbes.com/sites/claryes.../#1edd9bfd1cde
    The Advanced Medical Technology Association, which represents manufacturers of ventilators and other medical devices, wrote in a March 24 letter to FEMA that companies are facing the challenge of allocating devices to the health care providers who need them the most, as well as state and local governments.

"Some of these potential purchasers should have a higher priority than others based on the acuity of patient needs in their areas," wrote Scott Whitaker, the association?s CEO. "It is difficult for manufacturers to establish these priorities."
    And new report that the Trump administration knew there was an outbreak in 2019.... and still did nothing...

TL;DR
    No central coordination leading to:
    Still not enough testing (due to lack of supplies)
    Not enough PPE (lack of supplies),

Still not enough testing

vCash
    Promised 30 million tests by end of March.
    https://www.newsweek.com/white-house...illion-1495356
    Just now have capacity for 150,000 a day

Promoted breaking social distancing, after the white house itself said we had to have 2 weeks of declining cases to begin going back to normal.

Has yet to use the federal government power to centraliaze and prioritize resources, left it up to individual states to get into a bidding war for supplies. https://www.forbes.com/sites/claryes.../#1edd9bfd1cde

And new report that the Trump administration knew there was an outbreak in 2019.... and still did nothing...

TL;DR
    No central coordination leading to:
    Still not enough testing (due to lack of supplies)
    Not enough PPE (lack of supplies),

Still not enough testing
    SO because he hasnt' done these two things you mentioned then the President has done nothing? How about this? The US has performed more Covid-19 tests than any other nation thus far...in a shorter time span.

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/f...ime=2020-02-15..

Also, it's funny you reference an article on the DPA from March 28th. 5 days later the DPA was enacted by the President. Ultimately, though, he has left private owned companies alone and allowed them to support the effort at their own discretion (which they have). To date there is no shortage of ventilators in the US or critical care beds. I would say that some hospitals have struggled but other hospitals in thase same general regions are ghost towns. I think that has a lot to do with mismanagement of resources at the local level by hospitals. (i.e. We are short 5 beds so lets send the patient a county over to the hospital with 25 open ICU beds. Wait...then we don't get paid for them...)

vCash

Posting this again

[tweet2]398887965302091776[/tweet2]

vCash
    He's the damn president. You blamed Moorhead when he was in charge of our football program, didn't you? Or did you look for GAs to put it on?

vCash
    He's the damn president. You blamed Moorhead when he was in charge of our football program, didn't you? Or did you look for GAs to put it on?
    Moorhead did not have to work with congress or the supreme court and work within the confines of the constitution. Moorhead had an easier job!

vCash
    The difference is that Moorhead was in total control of the football team. Trump is not in total control of the US ... per the Constitution.