Page 106 of 274 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156206 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,120 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    Vote. Spread news. Nothing is stronger than word of mouth. Speak out. Be informed of who the candidates are and what they have done. In 2016 America proved that we still have the ability to choose who our president is. It takes much more than you or me to do this.

Someone referenced it earlier, but it's such a great quote (and a great movie in general) i'm gonna bring it back up. "If you get shown a problem, but have no idea how to control it, you just decide to get used to the problem." Definitely applies here. I don't have all the answers and fixing this system is not a quick and easy process. But the first step to solving any problem... is admitting that there is a problem. So thank you, for being willing to take that step and admit that there is a problem. The only solution we have right now is to be the change we want to see in the world. So be informed. Inform others. Vote (even if it is abstaining. That's still a vote. (Here's wishing we could Brewster's Millions "None of the Above" this presidential campaign.)) Exercise your rights. Don't fall victim to the overwhelming system and feel like it can't be changed. Andrew Yang got hardly any votes in the democratic primaries; however, UBI has now come to the forefront of political discussion. That small of a voting bloc had the power to get that idea interjected into the conversation. That's where it starts. Grassroots movements can still happen and cause policy change even if they don't win. Bernie Sanders has definitely help shift the debate into realms that weren't thought possible on American soil. Change is possible. We just have to stay vigilant before it's too late.
    Sanders shifted the debate alright like as follows:

His stance on key issues:

Medicare for All: Government takeover of Healthcare
    Green New Deal: BS carbon tax on Americans
    Reproductive health care: Murder the unborn
    Taxes: Will raise taxes to the point nobody will strive to be the best that can be and earn the most they can - why strive to earn more than $1M or whatever the cap is, the government will take the majority of your income. Taxes will drive behavior to be mediocre at best.
    Voting rights: Felons and illegal aliens able to vote
    College tuition: Another freebie that someone has to pay for - the middle class
    Marijuana: Oh yeah, lets 17up every ones mind so they do not know whet the government is doing - who cares?
    Education: Create class division - we all attend the same schools, the parents need to get involved to make an impact
    Labor: Wants to overhaul labor laws and increase union membership and rights. All workers, union or not will have to pay union dues.

Yeah, I guess that is shifting the narrative - far to the LEFT away from individual rights and responsibilities to the Nanny state - the Big Ole Government will take care of us all to lazy to work. No incentive to work as you will be taxed into oblivion.

You really need to move to a non-democratic/replublic country. You will be a lot happier and so will we!
    Last edited by Extendedcab; 04-16-2020 at 05:51 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    You been great with data.
    But
    Numbers were inflated in NY
    Posting these again.

This is showing the total number of deaths of any cause. Compare to the month when 9/11 happened. More deaths than any month in 20 years.

And this is 12 days old. The numbers are even worse now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    Posting these again.

This is showing the total number of deaths of any cause. Compare to the month when 9/11 happened. More deaths than any month in 20 years.

And this is 12 days old. The numbers are even worse now.
    WRONG

vCash
    I will try to simplify this even further.

In NYC, over the past 5 years, an average of 5500 people died from March 11 - April 13th.

From March 11 - April 13th this year, 18500 died.

That's 13000 more expected deaths than usual.

The confirmed # of coronavirus deaths on April 13 was 7905.

vCash
    WRONG
    "YOUR FACTS ARE WRONG"

vCash
    I will try to simplify this even further.

In NYC, over the past 5 years, an average of 5500 people died from March 11 - April 13th.

From March 11 - April 13th this year, 18500 died.

That's 13000 more expected deaths than usual.

The confirmed # of coronavirus deaths on April 13 was 7905.
    Where are those numbers available at? I'd like to see monthly breaks downs by cause if possible

vCash
    "YOUR FACTS ARE WRONG"
    Look beyond CNN and MSNBC.....
    Comrade!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Where are those numbers available at? I'd like to see monthly breaks downs by cause if possible
    You can find those numbers on the left outlets

vCash
    Look beyond CNN and MSNBC.....
    Comrade!
    Jesus Christ. Hacker hasn't said shit about communism in this thread, dipshit. STFU.

vCash
    I think the tentative plan for re-opening is as fair as we can expect regardless of where you stand on the issue. Will be interesting to see how its actually enacted.

vCash
    Stats are stats..... believe them or don't..... who cares..... what matters is that this virus is affecting people's lives and we're going to get through it one way or another.

vCash
    You can find those numbers on the left outlets
    Haha... hacker is pretty good about having sources. I really do wanna dig into the numbers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Jesus Christ. Hacker hasn't said shit about communism in this thread, dipshit. STFU.
    HAhaha.

Point taken

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    I hate i was offensive

I'm just sayin there is evidence that numbers have been inflated.

vCash
    I hate i was offensive

I'm just sayin there is evidence that numbers have been inflated.
    Thank you.

vCash
    See we can all play nice together !

vCash
    i thought all of the hospitals were supposed to run out of beds by now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    i thought all of the hospitals were supposed to run out of beds by now.
    They were. But thankfully it didn't happen. I know when I walk around there are A LOT of empty beds where I work. It's a blessing. Also where I work the number of patients on vents is going down as well. Still above the norm but headed in the right direction.

The most disappointing thing to me from the front lines has been watching the media blow it out of proportion and outright lie at times. It's a little different when you have a front row seat to the lying.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    They were. But thankfully it didn't happen. I know when I walk around there are A LOT of empty beds where I work. It's a blessing. Also where I work the number of patients on vents is going down as well. Still above the norm but headed in the right direction.

The most disappointing thing to me from the front lines has been watching the media blow it out of proportion and outright lie at times. It's a little different when you have a front row seat to the lying.
    Agreed..... they're fixated on New York because of the influx in cases. They haven't really ventured off to more rural areas. The situation sucks either way you look at it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    See we can all play nice together !
    You forgot these ***** haha!

Probably would be a true statement when we ain't getting communism shoved down our throat. We got a lot of issues in this country and there are some big bankers that should be in jail for life because of 2008 but ... we ain't standing in line at grocery stores for the bare meat & potato essentials and our poor folks that aren't homeless actually have almost as high a standard of dwellings in most cases to rival the middle class in England. And they usually have the highest dollar cell phones too.

Don't think any of that is due to UBI either.