Page 105 of 274 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155205 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,100 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    If everybody wore a mask and went back to normal life, how well would that work?
    Wouldn't work..... masks need to be thrown away after each encounter with another person. It seems the only thing to get everyone back to work is time.

vCash
    Remember the Bloomberg smear article saying how the south was fat and unhealthy, so it was gonna be much worse for us?

NY death rate: .0718
    LA death rate: .0513
    MS death rate: .0356
    AL death rate: .0306
    GA death rate: .0374

And we know African Americans are hit harder by this virus. The southern states have much more African Americans per capita

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Remember the Bloomberg smear article saying how the south was fat and unhealthy, so it was gonna be much worse for us?

NY death rate: .0718
    LA death rate: .0513
    MS death rate: .0356
    AL death rate: .0306
    GA death rate: .0374

And we know African Americans are hit harder by this virus. The southern states have much more African Americans per capita
    New York- King of the hill! Top of the heap!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphus Raymond View Post
    Hospitals inflating the number of COVID19 deaths to get more Medicaid money? This type of statement is Shawn Hannity level derangement. Good God stop posting crap like this.
    ETA: I?ll play the devil?s advocate here for a minute. Ok, suppose for a moment this is true. How many deaths have been blamed on COVID for this bounty? Answer: the number would be statistically irrelevant. Plenty of people are dying from COVID without having to artificially inflate the numbers.
    If someone has COVID-19 and dies of another cause they are reporting it as COVID-19 death, even though COVID-19 wasn't the actual cause but could have been a contributing factor.
    No one is just making up death totals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    Scott County up to 100 cases very quickly. Must be going through those chicken plants.

I think they now have the highest per capita infection rate by county.

Edit: Nope, Wilkinson does. Scott may be second though.
    They set up a testing station there.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 04-16-2020 at 03:20 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    New York- King of the hill! Top of the heap!
    I don't wish ill will on NYers. I know Bloomberg doesn't speak for all of NY. That article did rub me wrong though when it was their state that was eat up with it

vCash
    I don't wish ill will on NYers. I know Bloomberg doesn't speak for all of NY. That article did rub me wrong though when it was their state that was eat up with it
    there was a reporter on MSNBC Or CNN said that Trump supporters in Red States were going to be the most to die. Boy were they wrong.

vCash
    I hear you. I have family that live there and don't want anything bad either.

But they can be arrogant Yankees.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishwater99 View Post
    If someone has COVID-19 and dies of another cause they are reporting it as COVID-19 death, even though COVID-19 wasn't the actual cause but could have been a contributing factor.
    What is your source for this?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    $55 million dollars. POOF.

https://www.businessinsider.com/fema...5-masks-2020-4

And y'all wonder why I'm clamoring for oversight.

For people bad at math that's worth 2.2 Kennedy Centers that you bitched about.

$55 million to a company that went bankrupt last year, has no employees and has provided 0 masks.

"The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) is paying Panthera $5.50 per mask, which is decidedly more than what the government pays companies with an established background in producing medical supplies such as 3M (the company charges about 63 cents per mask)."

I mean this is simply amazing how ridiculous this is.

Tell me what I can do about this? What power do I currently have to make this different?

Notice I didn't say it was ok if true or that I support it or how things are possibly being handled.

I'm asking you to tell me what I can do about it.

Since I didn't vote for Trump or Hillary, don't tell me to vote for the next fake ass politician who doesn't give a damn about the US people anyways. Lay it out for me what you want me or anyone else on this board to do. What is it?

"Open your eyes" doesn't count as a response either. What do you want us to do?

You feel like you can identify all the problems. You might can identify some. But WHAT THE F*$K DO YOU WANT ANYONE OF US TO DO? Or are you just bitching just to bitch? And if you are, you are bitching at the wrong people.

STFU up you insufferable ****.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post
    Tell me what I can do about this? What power do I currently have to make this different?

Notice I didn't say it was ok if true or that I support it or how things are possibly being handled.

Since I didn't vote for Trump or Hillary, don't tell me to vote for the next fake ass politician who doesn't give a damn about the US people anyways. Lay it out for me what you want me or anyone else on this board to do. What is it?

You feel like you can identify all the problems. You might can identify some. But WHAT THE F*$K DO YOU WANT ANYONE OF US TO DO? Or are you just bitching just to bitch? And if you are, you are bitching at the wrong people.

Awesome!

vCash
    $55 million dollars. POOF.

https://www.businessinsider.com/fema...5-masks-2020-4

And y'all wonder why I'm clamoring for oversight.

For people bad at math that's worth 2.2 Kennedy Centers that you bitched about.

$55 million to a company that went bankrupt last year, has no employees and has provided 0 masks.

"The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) is paying Panthera $5.50 per mask, which is decidedly more than what the government pays companies with an established background in producing medical supplies such as 3M (the company charges about 63 cents per mask)."

I mean this is simply amazing how ridiculous this is.
    There is probably somebody peddling influence there, but at least as of a few weeks ago, $5 was roughly the going price of n95 masks, if you could find them at all, which most people I talked to couldn't.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishwater99 View Post
    If someone has covid and gets murdered, I'm pretty sure that would not be a covid death because covid would not be a contributing factor in their death.

If someone is hospitalized with covid, and then has a heart attack in the hospital then yes that is a covid death. The death certificate would say heart attack with an underlying cause of covid. "Complications related to covid"

The same is true for any other disease. If someone has the flu and they're in the hospital and die of a heart attack, it's considered a flu death. "Complications related to influenza"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg2003 View Post
    What is your source for this?
    https://twitter.com/avik/status/1250...978992641?s=21

https://abc7ny.com/oronavirus-nyc-death-toll-coronavirus-update-corona-virus/6103218/
    Last edited by Dawgfan77; 04-16-2020 at 04:42 PM.

vCash
    Deleted Post
    Last edited by Extendedcab; 04-16-2020 at 04:42 PM.

vCash
    You missed a key detail. They get money for covid patients. They don't get extra money if the patient dies. They have no incentive to inflate death numbers.

The person has to test positive for them to get money.

All of the "probable" deaths have no positive test. No positive test, no money.

And they're listed as "probable" because the medical examiner put covid on the death certificate.

Again, death tolls are not inflated. Deaths are undercounted if anything.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post

Vote. Spread news. Nothing is stronger than word of mouth. Speak out. Be informed of who the candidates are and what they have done. In 2016 America proved that we still have the ability to choose who our president is. It takes much more than you or me to do this.

Someone referenced it earlier, but it's such a great quote (and a great movie in general) i'm gonna bring it back up. "If you get shown a problem, but have no idea how to control it, you just decide to get used to the problem." Definitely applies here. I don't have all the answers and fixing this system is not a quick and easy process. But the first step to solving any problem... is admitting that there is a problem. So thank you, for being willing to take that step and admit that there is a problem. The only solution we have right now is to be the change we want to see in the world. So be informed. Inform others. Vote (even if it is abstaining. That's still a vote. (Here's wishing we could Brewster's Millions "None of the Above" this presidential campaign.)) Exercise your rights. Don't fall victim to the overwhelming system and feel like it can't be changed. Andrew Yang got hardly any votes in the democratic primaries; however, UBI has now come to the forefront of political discussion. That small of a voting bloc had the power to get that idea interjected into the conversation. That's where it starts. Grassroots movements can still happen and cause policy change even if they don't win. Bernie Sanders has definitely help shift the debate into realms that weren't thought possible on American soil. Change is possible. We just have to stay vigilant before it's too late.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    There is probably somebody peddling influence there, but at least as of a few weeks ago, $5 was roughly the going price of n95 masks, if you could find them at all, which most people I talked to couldn't.
    The company is $50 million in debt apparently. Has a litany of creditors. Follow the money and I wonder who has ties to a few of those creditors.

How a bankrupt company got a sweetheart deal from Mr. The Art of the Deal when he was able to negotiate the same product from a much bigger and more powerful entity for 1/7 of the price just raises too many eyebrows.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    You missed a key detail. They get money for covid patients. They don't get extra money if the patient dies. They have no incentive to inflate death numbers.

The person has to test positive for them to get money.

All of the "probable" deaths have no positive test. No positive test, no money.

And they're listed as "probable" because the medical examiner put covid on the death certificate.

Again, death tolls are not inflated. Deaths are undercounted if anything.
    You been great with data.
    But
    Numbers were inflated in NY

vCash
    The company is $50 million in debt apparently. Has a litany of creditors. Follow the money and I wonder who has ties to a few of those creditors.

How a bankrupt company got a sweetheart deal from Mr. The Art of the Deal when he was able to negotiate the same product from a much bigger and more powerful entity for 1/7 of the price just raises too many eyebrows.
    Comrade. Please please have some vodka

Sorry about uncle Bernie and sleepy uncle joe