Page 243 of 274 FirstFirst ... 143193233241242243244245253 ... LastLast
Results 4,841 to 4,860 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    https://www.fda.gov/news-events/pres...hloroquine-and

I guess this is just more "deep state" noise...

But yeah, believe the Nigerian "doctor"/prosperity-gospel minister/crazy person...I'm sure she knows best.
    Re: Stella Immanuel, "Demon Sperm" is trending on Twitter this morning, lol.
    A little context would be pertinent here. She's from a place where witchcraft is practiced commonly and also she's a pastor. She's preaching against it. I doubt you're a christian but as far as the latter post is concerned Gen 6 is a common reference. Seems like a common thing for people nowadays to go and find something about someone's personal life they can use to discredit them. You and a few others on here are very good at that.

vCash
    Never mind

Y’all watch tv.
    Last edited by DownwardDawg; 07-28-2020 at 03:08 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg2003 View Post
    You sound confused and unable to understand the issue. All medications have side effects, and there's always a trade off for taking a medication. The problem comes in when the medication doesn't treat the condition, and you're not getting a benefit in exchange for the possible side effect. Or if the medication's side effects are life threatening to certain people in a trial.
    Nope, not confused, hydroxychloroquine has not been disproved to not have a positive affect on COVID - at least for some percentage of patients, but you knew that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    Nope, not confused, hydroxychloroquine has not been disproved to not have a positive affect on COVID - at least for some percentage of patients, but you knew that.
    It’s still being used.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    A little context would be pertinent here. She's from a place where witchcraft is practiced commonly and also she's a pastor. She's preaching against it. I doubt you're a christian but as far as the latter post is concerned Gen 6 is a common reference. Seems like a common thing for people nowadays to go and find something about someone's personal life they can use to discredit them. You and a few others on here are very good at that.
    Based off his posts, he's much more "Christian" than most of these bible toting bigots on this thread. God sees through y'all's bullshit boys... he knows what's in your heart, and for most of you, it ain't good.

vCash
    I watched the shit show on capital hill today. Our country is in big trouble. Big trouble.

This is a Political thread. That’s why I posted it here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    I watched the shit show on capital hill today. Our country is in big trouble. Big trouble.

This is a Political thread. That’s why I posted it here.
    Yeah, it's a 17'n mess. I'll agree with you on that.

vCash
    Context? Interesting...I'm wondering if such gymnastic graciousness would be awarded to someone opposite your political spectrum, in similar circumstances? I mean, you're justifying someone's beliefs of witchcraft and sex with demons...just typing that sounds ****ing nuts.

As far as "being from a place where witchcraft is practiced" and "a common thing for people nowadays to go and find something about someone's personal life to discredit them"....as you said, context matters...in this case, we're talking about medicine and science and its capacity to stop a deadly global pandemic. Someone peddling in such things as demon semen (that rhyming sounds like James Joyce**), Alien DNA, and mixing it all with prosperity-gospel is absolutely in-bounds for criticism, as it relates directly to that individual's credibility as a "doctor". And this person chose to thrust themselves into the public microscope, btw. This person is being promoted by many people very close to the President of the United States, including his oldest son. And on top of that, she's personally soliciting POTUS on Twitter. If that's not the definition of fair game, I don't know what is. Also, it's not like her comments were ancient history, either....just yesterday she was threatening Facebook and Twitter for censoring her posts containing misinformation re: both HCQ and mask wearing; she said all their websites would crash because that's what happens when you challenge God and Jesus. Not joking. I fail to see the benefit to "Western Medicine" that practices such as blood-letting, exorcisms, seances, happy-thoughts, etc. may have.

You said "you and a few others are very good at that" (re: discrediting people). Do me a favor and name a single person I've rooted-out/discredited/slandered in a way that wasn't absolutely germane to the topic of discussion. I'll look forward to this detective work.

"I doubt you're a christian but...". I found this comment interesting. What in my posts lead you to this conclusion? I don't even engage the overtly religious discussions that many posters have, so I'm at a loss. I avoid them actually.

Just fyi, I was raised Southern Baptist, which admittedly I never fit into. Then I went to college, met and married an Episcopal, and that's where I am now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    Yes it has. All hydroxychloroquine does for COVID patients is put them on a ventilator quicker for longer, per multiple studies.

And even if it did, it needs to be given as treatment, not as a preventative, which it was touted for.

I mean opium is a great painkiller, but we don't want everyone taking it now on the risk they may be injured. The risk is too great.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post
    I mean opium is a great painkiller

Aye...

Meanwhile...

vCash
    Remember the data collection change from CDC to HHS a couple weeks ago?

[tweet2]1288240771028549633[/tweet2]

https://covidtracking.com/blog/whats...alization-data

vCash
    Context? Interesting...I'm wondering if such gymnastic graciousness would be awarded to someone opposite your political spectrum, in similar circumstances? I mean, you're justifying someone's beliefs of witchcraft and sex with demons...just typing that sounds ****ing nuts.

As far as "being from a place where witchcraft is practiced" and "a common thing for people nowadays to go and find something about someone's personal life to discredit them"....as you said, context matters...in this case, we're talking about medicine and science and its capacity to stop a deadly global pandemic. Someone peddling in such things as demon semen (that rhyming sounds like James Joyce**), Alien DNA, and mixing it all with prosperity-gospel is absolutely in-bounds for criticism, as it relates directly to that individual's credibility as a "doctor". And this person chose to thrust themselves into the public microscope, btw. This person is being promoted by many people very close to the President of the United States, including his oldest son. And on top of that, she's personally soliciting POTUS on Twitter. If that's not the definition of fair game, I don't know what is. Also, it's not like her comments were ancient history, either....just yesterday she was threatening Facebook and Twitter for censoring her posts containing misinformation re: both HCQ and mask wearing; she said all their websites would crash because that's what happens when you challenge God and Jesus. Not joking. I fail to see the benefit to "Western Medicine" that practices such as blood-letting, exorcisms, seances, happy-thoughts, etc. may have.

You said "you and a few others are very good at that" (re: discrediting people). Do me a favor and name a single person I've rooted-out/discredited/slandered in a way that wasn't absolutely germane to the topic of discussion. I'll look forward to this detective work.

"I doubt you're a christian but...". I found this comment interesting. What in my posts lead you to this conclusion? I don't even engage the overtly religious discussions that many posters have, so I'm at a loss. I avoid them actually.

Just fyi, I was raised Southern Baptist, which admittedly I never fit into. Then I went to college, met and married an Episcopal, and that's where I am now.
    Yes, context. Someones personal beliefs outside of medicine doesn't matter as long as it stays outside of it. You bringing up her religious beliefs to slander her is a prime example of straying out of the context of medicine. She says she's personally treated 350 Covid patients across all spectrums and all have recovered with HCQ tx. Is it misinformation if she's used HCQ in her practice and it's worked? What can you say to that except say that she's lying? Btw she wasn't the only doctor up there saying the same things yet it's the black one that didn't meet your standards. Why not run background checks on the others while you're at it? "I fail to see the benefit to "Western Medicine" that practices such as blood-letting, exorcisms, seances, happy-thoughts, etc. may have," okay.....unless she's practicing this what purpose did you have bringing that up?

"Do me a favor and name a single person I've rooted-out/discredited/slandered in a way that wasn't absolutely germane to the topic of discussion. I'll look forward to this detective work." I'm glad you asked because I won't have to look far. You slandered me on page 41 of the COVID thread when I mentioned working in healthcare and not being ignorant (concerning COVID) by responding, "Look...no one said emptying out bed pans wasn't a noble profession...thank you for your bravery**." You called that a joke but I'm not an idiot as it was a sly remark to attempt to discredit any opinion I had on the matter.

"I don't even engage the overtly religious discussions that many posters have, so I'm at a loss. I avoid them actually." You jumped in that boat when you criticized someone else's religious beliefs and then tried using that to discredit their career.

vCash
    You won't find more than 1% of physicians who think HCQ + azithromycin works. Most don't care about politics more than respect to peer-reviewed trials and research that the profession primarily is based on. Good job finding a video with the 1% minority to say what a lot of folks "want" to hear. There's some in every crowd.

vCash
    "Do me a favor and name a single person I've rooted-out/discredited/slandered in a way that wasn't absolutely germane to the topic of discussion. I'll look forward to this detective work." I'm glad you asked because I won't have to look far. You slandered me on page 41 of the COVID thread when I mentioned working in healthcare and not being ignorant (concerning COVID) by responding, "Look...no one said emptying out bed pans wasn't a noble profession...thank you for your bravery**." You called that a joke but I'm not an idiot as it was a sly remark to attempt to discredit any opinion I had on the matter.
    You've been holding on to that for 202 pages (or 4 months) of this thread??? Jeez man, that's a heavy burden to be carrying around....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post

Are you implying data is being suppressed????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    Are you implying data is being suppressed????
    I don't think it's being suppressed, but I think it's adding to the confusion and misinformation. Maybe that's the goal. Can't be outraged by the numbers if you don't believe the numbers.

vCash

Isn't all that data from the states? Are you saying that the HHS changes what the state gives them? It would be fairly easy to check this, right? Just go to each state's health dept site, no?

vCash
    Keeping with the subject of the day... here's an opinion piece written by Harvey Risch (professor of epidemiology at Yale) about HCQ...

https://www.newsweek.com/key-defeati...pinion-1519535

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Isn't all that data from the states? Are you saying that the HHS changes what the state gives them? It would be fairly easy to check this, right? Just go to each state's health dept site, no?
    The blog post goes into detail but HHS and state data hasn't matched. HHS is actually reporting more hospitalizations than the states.

"Some of the states facing the largest COVID-19 outbreaks—such as California, Texas, and South Carolina—have warned that they are not reporting accurate hospital information due to the switchover."

"These problems mean that our hospitalization data—a crucial metric of the COVID-19 pandemic—is, for now, unreliable, and likely an undercount. We do not think that either the state-level hospitalization data or the new federal data is reliable in isolation."

"Until we see the data stabilize at the state level and understand more about the reasons why the state and federal datasets for current COVID-19 hospitalizations don’t match up, we would urge caution in using either state-reported or HHS hospital data in isolation to understand local outbreaks or the burden on healthcare systems."

vCash

If you've ever heard Ron white.... it's fitting for you I bet you are like one of those bouncers that like beating off to brave heart. Except it's you w bad news w covid.