Page 238 of 274 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238239240248 ... LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,760 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prediction? Pain. View Post
    I haven't been following Japan but you got me interested, so I did a quick round of googlin'. As of a couple of weeks ago, most of the new cases were coming out of Tokyo and the majority of those apparently resulted from lax behavior in the city's, um, "entertainment" establishments:

Just a wild guess here, but I bet that mask culture takes a back seat to something else when you saunter into a hostess bar.

In other semi-related news, the world champ so far appears to still be chugging along nicely. Taiwan, with their roughly 25 million people shoved into an island half the size of West Virginia, has to date 455 confirmed cases and 7 deaths. Unemployment is 4%. And they're playing baseball with undistanced, maskless fans:

Here's an article about how they coordinated the start of their baseball season, if you're interested.

Even with their proximity to China and huge number of commuters between the two countries, I'm sure the geographical advantages of the island is a massive help. Still, other places with similar advantages haven't done as well. And regardless, it's just damn impressive.

(If you're interested in a quick(ish) read on some of the technological advances of their healthcare system that helped make their success possible, here you go.)

And, hell, why not, here's this cheery update on we're all doing in SEC and ACC country:

Ok, back to that job thingy that I'm supposed to be doing . . . .
    Very interesting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prediction? Pain. View Post
    In other semi-related news, the world champ so far appears to still be chugging along nicely. Taiwan, with their roughly 25 million people shoved into an island half the size of West Virginia, has to date 455 confirmed cases and 7 deaths. Unemployment is 4%. And they're playing baseball with undistanced, maskless fans:
    Check out Vietnam.

412 total cases, 0 deaths, 95 million population, land border with China

vCash
    UMMC Message To Those, In Mississippi, Who Don't Think Covid Is A Big Deal, And Won't Do The Simple Things To Help.

https://twitter.com/LAWoodwardMD/sta...42919880880129
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 07-23-2020 at 03:43 PM. Reason: UMMC not UMCC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    UMCC Message To Those, In Mississippi, Who Don't Think Covid Is A Big Deal, And Won't Do The Simple Things To Help.

https://twitter.com/LAWoodwardMD/sta...42919880880129
    So now the state of MS is in on the conspiracy? Got it.*****

vCash
    Wife and I went to the doctor 2 weeks ago (here in Georgia) to get med refills ... called ahead to let them know she was symptomatic and we both needed testing ... they said come on and when we got there nobody ... I repeat NOBODY in that Doctors office ( and it's a large office staff) was wearing a mask .... and didn't seem concerned .... I swear I don't know what to believe
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    Wife and I went to the doctor 2 weeks ago (here in Georgia) to get med refills ... called ahead to let them know she was symptomatic and we both needed testing ... they said come on and when we got there nobody ... I repeat NOBODY in that Doctors office ( and it's a large office staff) was wearing a mask .... and didn't seem concerned .... I swear I don't know what to believe
    It is not going to stop. Mask might slow it down but unless there is a vaccine you are going to get it sooner or later just like the flu. I want to go ahead and get it then get it behind me. Go ahead and cough or sneeze in my direction.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    Unbelievable. Here in Dallas, all medical personnel are wearing masks, and the doctor's offices won't let you in the door without one. In fact, you've got to almost beg them to let you come to the office and not do the telemedicine thing.
    There's someone in my head but its not me.

vCash
    Add Australia to the going the wrong way list... just a matter of time for everyone.

vCash
    Japan's 726 cases today is their most since April 15th.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Add Australia to the going the wrong way list... just a matter of time for everyone.

The maximum of that graph goes to 600, yes?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Yep, so far. Look at the final point though... it's straight up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Yep, so far. Look at the final point though... it's straight up.
    Hey Carmen Sandiego***, looks like you've covered Japan, Australia, Europe, etc - but what does your charts show for Alabama and Mississippi?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    Hey Carmen Sandiego***, looks like you've covered Japan, Australia, Europe, etc - but what does your charts show for Alabama and Mississippi?
    We're in terrible shape. Most of our whole country is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Yeah. 400-500 cases per day for the ENTIRE continent??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by State82 View Post
    Yeah. 400-500 cases per day for the ENTIRE continent??
    I know it isn't that many cases, but context matters. From April 26th thru June 24th 30 cases was the highest daily total. They supposedly had it whipped with their contact tracing (see The NY Times article). Now it's really going up... their 7-day avg will be higher tomorrow or Saturday than it was at any point pre-lockdown.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Stays flat again. Big for a Wednesday! Let's turn that curve baby!
    7 day case average drops! On a Thursday! Phenomenal news. Progress. Keep it up America. Moving the right way now!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    7 day case average drops! On a Thursday! Phenomenal news. Progress. Keep it up America. Moving the right way now!
    Florida, Arizona, and Texas have started going down on 7-day avg graph. Need California to peak soon.

vCash
    At this point, can anyone believe any numbers put out there by any organization?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Schultzy View Post
    At this point, can anyone believe any numbers put out there by any organization?
    From a national standpoint I would say it depends on whether you trust the current Administration. If you do, the answer is "yes". If you don't, then I'd say "no". They control the data at this point.

I do trust the local numbers where I live, but only look at hospitalizations. Where I live, we spiked earlier this week but it appears to be lowering as the week has progressed.