Page 232 of 274 FirstFirst ... 132182222230231232233234242 ... LastLast
Results 4,621 to 4,640 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Yep ... you right. I'm just glad all those criminals being released will be able to mail in their ballots.

ETA: Not to mention all the people who have died in the last year or so, Covid or other reasons. Wanna make sure their votes get mailed in and counted too.
    Can you just go away and leave the discussion to the adults?
    There's someone in my head but its not me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Even bigger number of cases today.

This virus will be around till herd immunity or vaccine.
    I agree. I don't really think there is much anyone can really do to stop it to be honest. Right or wrong. I think it's best to just go about our lives and get it over with.

vCash
    [tweet2]1284300333737488384[/tweet2]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I agree. I don't really think there is much anyone can really do to stop it to be honest. Right or wrong. I think it's best to just go about our lives and get it over with.
    I have been watching California compared to Georgia. They are doing everything opposite. California is proving shut down and mask don't do shit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I have been watching California compared to Georgia. They are doing everything opposite. California is proving shut down and mask don't do shit.
    Masks fix it all.... until they don't...bars are really our problem.....

vCash
    Shutting down and killing the economy is dumb. Social distance. Wear a mask. Wash your hands. Carry on with life.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    If we can keep the hospital load managable it will save countless lives, and not just from COVID.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Shutting down and killing the economy is dumb. Social distance. Wear a mask. Wash your hands. Carry on with life.
    All the things you listed are correct. Health care providers are begging us to distance, wear masks, and wash hands/sanitize vigorously!!

vCash
    Incidentally, John Cohen said in his interview with Hadad today that there was a nine out of ten chance that the football season happens this year...just not sure when exactly it will start. Also, they plan on having at least 25-50% capacity.

vCash
    50% of our deaths roughly are long term care facilities. We have 140 facilities with cases according to dept of health.

I don't get why we can't get that under control better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    50% of our deaths roughly are long term care facilities. We have 140 facilities with cases according to dept of health.

Agreed. Somehow LTC nurses are passing the virus on to the elderly at LTC facilities but nurses don’t pass on the virus in hospitals.

vCash
    Agreed. Somehow LTC nurses are passing the virus on to the elderly at LTC facilities but nurses don’t pass on the virus in hospitals.
    Perhaps the elderly are more susceptible to catching it. Immune system is extremely compromised.

vCash

Not sure how you could unless you quarantine the workers with the patients or conduct tests on the workers everyday before the enter.

vCash
    It's not just the nurses in LTC's, but also aides, and other direct contact employees with the LTC residents. The employees get it from the community. I agree, I'm not sure why the hospitals are having less issues. Maybe it's because they do a better job of monitoring of their employees, or perhaps it's the LTC resident's existing health conditions

vCash

The federal goverment is now setting up hospitals for the elderly so they can be kept isolated after they test positive. I believe in Miami.

vCash

Some LTC's just do a better job in being proactive than other facilities, and have better methods, and isolating once an employee or resident is found positive. The existing health conditions of the residents play a key role as well. The employees get the virus from the community. So in order to eliminate any possibility of Covid in a LTC, the employees would have to be there 24/7, and not go outside the LTC doors into the community for any reason.

vCash
    The majority of ltc facilities are run poorly.

The worst decision in all of this has been cuomo (whom I like) and NJ And ILL governors keeping positive ltc patients in ltc's instead of hospitals. I know he was worried about his hospitals being overrun bc he was getting bad info from the media and some medical people, but what a horrible decision. Was basically a death sentence. Sad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    The federal goverment is now setting up hospitals for the elderly so they can be kept isolated after they test positive. I believe in Miami.

In certain situations in MS, a LTC resident, who tests positive, can be safely isolated, and even treated in the LTC facility, if the facility has the means to do so and it is approved by the MSDH. I know this for a fact.

vCash
    The majority of ltc facilities are run poorly.

The worst decision in all of this has been cuomo (whom I like) and NJ And ILL governors keeping positive ltc patients in ltc's instead of hospitals. I know he was worried about his hospitals being overrun bc he was getting bad info from the media and some medical people, but what a horrible decision. Was basically a death sentence. Sad.
    Here's the 5 that did it...

California Gov. Gavin Newsom.
    New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo.
    New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy.
    Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer.
    Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf.

Illinois didn't... well, I'm unaware if he did.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Here's the 5 that did it...

California Gov. Gavin Newsom.
    New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo.
    New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy.
    Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer.
    Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf.

Illinois didn't... well, I'm unaware if he did.
    Ahh. Got ya.
    So 1, 2, 8, and 11 in death rate. Props to CA, they've managed their numbers pretty well it seems. Lot of heathy people there prob helps (I was there for 2 weeks and saw almost zero fat people).

What sucks is NY and NJ were hit early and handled it the worst of anybody, setting a horrible tone and precedent.