Page 230 of 274 FirstFirst ... 130180220228229230231232240 ... LastLast
Results 4,581 to 4,600 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    It was well over 600,000 from 1918-1919 and it didn't start really until late Feb. in 1918. From Sept-Dec it wiped out everyone. Then slowed back down.
    It did NOT wipe out everyone. Jeez .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    No way to know really but I would say probably about the same because all I've heard from media outlets from day 1 is that nothing is really effective in treating Covid and ventilators are basically useless beyond prolonging suffering. So...they had masks in 1918.

This is literally what the doctors in Tennessee were arguing last week when they lobbied the governor to enact statewide mandates regarding Covid safety. So if nothing is effective in treating Covid and no one understands it and it's basically a death sentence (as many want us to believe) then modern medicine doesn't matter....right?
    I don't know of anything that's effective in treating mild cases of Covid (non hospitalized cases), but they clearly have improved the treatment for people requiring hospitalization. Remdesivir appears to be a big reason for that, though I'm sure there are other factors involved. But the fact that death rates have gone down tells me that they've made significant strides in treating hospitalized cases if nothing else.
    There's someone in my head but its not me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Dude that last sentence is total bs. You just made that up. It infected nearly every soldier on the Western Front. It went through military training camps here like wildfire. We still fought the war.
    Let me rephrase. Not everyone did become infected although infection rate was really high. And if I recall correctly the mortality rate of people in their 20s and 30s was very high ... estimated to be like 20 to 30 percent if I recall correctly. So yea ... my statement wasn't accurate. However, the mortality rate for any demographic during Covid has not been nowhere near that high. So I would stand by my belief that pandemic was much worse.
    Last edited by dawgday166; 07-16-2020 at 11:19 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Well, considering they busted all those FL labs, I'd sure hope so. No telling how much that's happening. Anyone trusting ANY government entity is a fool. The CDC failed to even look into the FL numbers, when it was obvious to a damn local reporter. They've failed us enough already with this pandemic.
    I don't trust them any more or less than the rest of the government. I just know they all suck at this.
    This sums it up pretty well.

Although, I don't know if there is anyone on Earth who could've made the right call on any of this. I'm not sure what anyone would consider "passing" for any set of leaders or govt.

If you believed the gov't had your interest before any of this, or still believe any reports about the pandemic numbers that are coming out to be accurate, that is just being naive. Whether there is an agenda or not behind a particular report doesn't change anything. It pollutes stuff but ultimately there isn't one ultimate source that has it all right and is at the center of it all. People's expectations with response and reaction to this are off the charts how unattainable that really was. And that's their own fault.

It's going to run its course. Vaccine or not. 100% of people will never take that vaccine. Masks won't be worn forever (but may slow the spread). It will become a part of life. Just like the flu has. We adapt, and learn how to handle it and work against it. It's being a human.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    It did NOT wipe out everyone. Jeez .
    Your literal interpretation is correct. But I wasn't speaking in literal terms.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg2003 View Post
    It's extremely troubling that it's happening, but I'm still amazed at the people that just fall in line with Trump's totalitarian tendencies.
    If Trump was totalitarian, he would have moved into Minneapolis, Chicago, ATL, NY, and Seattle CHAZ (or CHOP) with Federal troops. Instead, he sat back and watched them sadly burn and self-destruct with no law enforcement and deaths abound. The Govs and Mayors didn't want his help just because of who he is and the party he represents.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    If Trump was totalitarian, he would have moved into Minneapolis, Chicago, NY, and Seattle CHAZ (or CHOP) with Federal troops. Instead, he sat back and watched them sadly burn and self-destruct with no law enforcement and deaths abound. The Govs and Mayors didn't want his help just because of who he is and the party he represents.
    Bingo. And Trump has not oppressed the people in any way. He's made life better for them in numerous ways most significantly by shutting down drug trade from below the border (reason for the Wall), shutting down sex trafficking and pedos, and bringing jobs back to America ... jobs Obama/Biden said "would never return".

On the flip side, he has used laws THEY CREATED (to be used against the people) to go after some high-level, extremely corrupt folks. These are laws that were created before Trump and were not supposed to be used against the elite or the creators of the corrupt law, but to be used against the people.

Folks seem to forget about The Homeland Security Act, Wikileaks, Snowden & NSA, etc. Talk about Totalitarianism. And also the wake of dead bodies associated with those leaders (especially Clinton).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post
    I don't know if there is anyone on Earth who could've made the right call on any of this.
    Spain, Italy, Germany, France, Canada, ****in' China, Belgium, Netherlands, Portugal, Singapore, Poland, Switzerland, Ireland, Japan, Austria, South Korea, Czech Republic, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Hungary, Croatia, Greece, Thailand, Uruguay, Paraguay, Slovakia, Iceland, Australia, Cambodia, Lithuania, Hong Kong, New Zealand, and Vietnam seem to have figured it out

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    If Trump was totalitarian, he would have moved into Minneapolis, Chicago, ATL, NY, and Seattle CHAZ (or CHOP) with Federal troops. Instead, he sat back and watched them sadly burn and self-destruct with no law enforcement and deaths abound. The Govs and Mayors didn't want his help just because of who he is and the party he represents.
    Federalism

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Bingo. And Trump has not oppressed the people in any way. He's made life better for them in numerous ways most significantly by shutting down drug trade from below the border (reason for the Wall), shutting down sex trafficking and pedos, and bringing jobs back to America ... jobs Obama/Biden said "would never return".

On the flip side, he has used laws THEY CREATED (to be used against the people) to go after some high-level, extremely corrupt folks. These are laws that were created before Trump and were not supposed to be used against the elite or the creators of the corrupt law, but to be used against the people.

Folks seem to forget about The Homeland Security Act, Wikileaks, Snowden & NSA, etc. Talk about Totalitarianism. And also the wake of dead bodies associated with those leaders (especially Clinton).
    Bingo! Rep Given, well I tried to but I have to spread it around more first!.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    Spain, Italy, Germany, France, Canada, ****in' China, Belgium, Netherlands, Portugal, Singapore, Poland, Switzerland, Ireland, Japan, Austria, South Korea, Czech Republic, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Hungary, Croatia, Greece, Thailand, Uruguay, Paraguay, Slovakia, Iceland, Australia, Cambodia, Lithuania, Hong Kong, New Zealand, and Vietnam seem to have figured it out
    Or maybe they just hit their spike ahead of us.....time will tell.

As a group I'm not sure what Europe would be doing so much different than us beyond the argument that they are outside all the time now and don't use as much large scale indoor AC.

vCash
    Are you arguing that the way to figure it out is to let it burn through your population? Because it looks like you've got the 1st (Belgium), third (Spain), 4th (Italy), and 6th (France) worst performing countries on your list of countries that have figured it out as far as deaths per capita goes.

I don't think we're going to have a good idea of who has done well until we get through this winter. I suspect USA will move up on that list (currently we're 7th) through the summer and then look a lot better after the winter. But even then, we'll need a lot more time to really figure out how we did because the results will be skewed by population makeup just like they are with things like life expectancy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Are you arguing that the way to figure it out is to let it burn through your population? Because it looks like you've got the 1st (Belgium), third (Spain), 4th (Italy), and 6th (France) worst performing countries on your list of countries that have figured it out as far as deaths per capita goes.

I don't think we're going to have a good idea of who has done well until we get through this winter.
    Exactly.

vCash
    Thought on TX?
    The State of Texas today had to remove 3,484 cases from its Covid-19 positive case count, because the San Antonio Health Department was reporting ?probable? cases for people never actually tested, as ?confirmed? positive cases.- TDHS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    Or maybe they just hit their spike ahead of us.....time will tell.

As a group I'm not sure what Europe would be doing so much different than us beyond the argument that they are outside all the time now and don't use as much large scale indoor AC.
    They're probably not having political rallies during it, nor have their leaders dismissed the virus by saying multiple times that it will "magically" go away... but it may actually be indoor air conditioning

vCash

I don't think we're going to have a good idea of who has done well until we get through this winter. I suspect USA will move up on that list (currently we're 7th) through the summer and then look a lot better after the winter. But even then, we'll need a lot more time to really figure out how we did because the results will be skewed by population makeup just like they are with things like life expectancy.
    It hit those countries hard then they got it under control. It didn't burn through their population. Spain's seroprevalence is ~5% across the country, up to 15% in Madrid.

vCash
    It hit those countries hard then they got it under control. It didn't burn through their population. Spain's seroprevalence is ~5% across the country, up to 15% in Madrid.
    Sounds like ny and nj and penn. I imagine fla and Tex and cal will follow suit.

vCash

Maybe we'll figure it out by the end of the year, but I'd rather be headed into the fall in one of those 4 countries' positions.

vCash
    Speaking of Spain, they have their largest case day since May 22nd. They've been creeping up, and then a pretty big jump today.

vCash
    I think some of the issue comparing european countries to the US is the size difference. The virus seems to be just getting prevalent in parts of the US. Hell, isn't Texas bigger than most the European countries we're comparing to?