Page 189 of 274 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191199239 ... LastLast
Results 3,761 to 3,780 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    My understanding is the Jackson area hospitals are seeing significant upticks. Our daily average for new cases is still going up. That WILL translate into more in the ICU and on the vent.
    All ICUs in the Jackson and Meridian areas are on diversion right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    They've finished the testing. We should see the bump this week(end).
    I was told all results should be in this afternoon. They will retest my Mom in 7 days. She has some other things going on right now so I don't know if those are creating some similar symptoms. I don't know the accuracy of tests, but I was told it's only about 80%.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Correct. Homes prove there's no way to completely lockdown to prevent it. Just takes one person...
    Based on the precautions the LTC was required to take I believed they were doing everything possible to prevent exposure. I now believe we don't know when someone is contagious.

Senior Member Prediction? Pain.'s Avatar
    vCash
    Some of y'all may have read about how Chattanooga is emerging as a hot spot lately. Figured I'd share some of the recent local data since I'm here.

This is all from the local paper, The Chattanooga Times Free Press. First, new positive tests since mid-April:

Here are the positive test rates for Tennessee, Alabama, and Georgia:

Since the Chattanooga metro area includes several northwestern Georgia counties and northeastern Alabama counties, the paper's been giving those states' numbers, too. The county's' positive test rate, which isn't listed on the chart, is around 10%.

Here are the county's total available hospital beds (on the left) and adult ventilators (on the right) since May 2:

And here are the county's COVID-19 hospitalizations and ICU numbers since April 6 (dark red are non-ICU hospitalizations, pink are the ICU numbers) as of the end of last week:

The latest news today is that two more COVID-19 patients in the county died, one of whom was a 40-45 year old with no underlying conditions, and total hospitalizations went up by four over the weekend from 29 to 33.

Also found out that the retirement home where my wife's great aunt lives -- it's not an assisted living center or nursing home -- had its first positive case yesterday, so that's a huge bummer.
    Last edited by Prediction? Pain.; 06-02-2020 at 10:58 PM.

vCash

Social Distancing

I guess we?re over that shit now. Fake news was calling out states a week ago for opening up and condemning folks for going to the beach. But these ?protests? are fine. May the Covid run rampant!!!

vCash
    In all seriousness, if there aren?t massive outbreaks in cities where these protests are, it would provide evidence that social distancing just isn?t necessary anymore. Would encourage people to read Clay Travis? mailbag today, which included emails from several doctors about how a lot of what we?re being told doesn?t make sense. Really beginning to hope for a normal or close to normal football season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JPdog View Post
    In all seriousness, if there aren?t massive outbreaks in cities where these protests are, it would provide evidence that social distancing just isn?t necessary anymore. Would encourage people to read Clay Travis? mailbag today, which included emails from several doctors about how a lot of what we?re being told doesn?t make sense. Really beginning to hope for a normal or close to normal football season
    I was thinking the same thing. If the virus is as Contagious as experts keep saying there should be massive spikes in all these cities where protest and riots have been going on cause social distancing was sure not being practiced.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. If the virus is as Contagious as experts keep saying there should be massive spikes in all these cities where protest and riots have been going on cause social distancing was sure not being practiced.
    These cities are about to have a major medical issue.

vCash
    Oh come on now guys. Don't you know it's ok? They all wore masks!!!!!*****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    Oh come on now guys. Don't you know it's ok? They all wore masks!!!!!*****
    Lol I did notice that! Practicing safe looting I guess!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    These cities are about to have a major medical issue.
    I am curious to see the results of this.

vCash
    The formula for catching it: Proximity x Time = Sick You must be around a contaminated person for more than just a short time to to get an adequate viral load.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

Archimedes
    vCash
    Don?t blink to quick. Rumor has it that the state is worried we are about to hit hospital capacity in the Jackson area.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsRelentless View Post
    Don?t blink to quick. Rumor has it that the state is worried we are about to hit hospital capacity in the Jackson area.
    The potential is there for a massive increase in cases in the Black Lives Matter crowds due to protest. I have been listening to 24h news nonstop while working. They are still discussing the risk of covid, but obviously with the protest and the dumbass looters, there are more items to discuss that people are waiting to see. If the cases do not increase in these areas, then opening up things seems to be safer than previously thought. Luckily, the protest are outside and not in an enclosed air space. I am sure I am like all of you, I want the protest to be peaceful, I want the protest to fundamentally change how we approach race issues moving forward, and I want those people to be safe from both being attacked and COVID. Unfortunately, the scum of the earth right now is looting rioting. Like, 17n get a clue dumbass bitches. If i had it my way, the protesters would protest, and the second it starts to get out of hand, the thousands of people squash it immediately with extreme prejudice. Protesters get my full support, rioters and looters are 17n bullshit and deserve getting their asses kicked.

I wish the protesters could stand in their way and just stop it, but in reality they are looting using guerrilla warfare tactics.

edited to add, I stand with the BLM people protesting peacefully. 100%.
    Last edited by Lord McBuckethead; 06-03-2020 at 09:35 AM.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Mississippi is getting really close to overloading the ICU/COVID wards in at least one place. It's going to be heck if we have to go back on lockdown. I suspect it will be county by county if it happens.

vCash
    You got a link?

I have a good friend who works ICU in Jackson works with C19 patients and he is off this week. I would think if it was as bad as you say then he wouldn't be able to take off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    You got a link?

I have a good friend who works ICU in Jackson works with C19 patients and he is off this week. I would think if it was as bad as you say then he wouldn't be able to take off.
    It depends on how many nurses they have in relation to the need. It could be his area is over staffed. You don't need every nurse in the entire hospital to be at work at the same time. Yesterday, every ICU in the Jackson and Meridian areas was on diversion. Now, that is obviously not all due to COVID, and it's not abnormal to be on diversion. But I guess the issue is all of them being on diversion at the same time. The healthcare infrastructure is not great in this state to begin with. But you can always airlift to other hospitals. You can always open up ERs and ORs as ICUs. That happens during flu season. We know what to do. The problem comes in when you have something like a stroke or heart attack where time really does matter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    I guess we?re over that shit now. Fake news was calling out states a week ago for opening up and condemning folks for going to the beach. But these ?protests? are fine. May the Covid run rampant!!!
    True, true. Journalistic spin at its finest. If it don't fit their narrative, don't use it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JPdog View Post
    All models have shown already to be BS. This will bear out in the next 3-6 months. For a month social distancing and congestion everywhere I've been has been normal to excessive. Just got back from Smokey Mtns last week. Most crowded I've seen in some time. If any predictions were worth two cents, half world would be dead now.

Yes virus is real but severity and reaction are not. There is a reason they didn't call it something flu. Flu doesn't scare anyone. Corona virus didn't stick either because virus doesn't scare anyone. A new name for a new disease gets everyone scared and ready to follow whatever they are told. Covid19 sounds bad. Psychological warfare 101.

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash