Page 188 of 274 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190198238 ... LastLast
Results 3,741 to 3,760 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Hospitals have been picking up in COVID patients, but vent use is still low. From what I'm told, it's mostly flu-like symptoms. Plus, some of the homes in the area have been hit really hard, and those are running up the numbers. I only know of two homes without patient involved COVID. And those two both had employees test positive.
    We hit a high for vent use in Mississippi over the weekend. It has since fallen back some.

vCash
    Over 80% (128 positives, 104 no symptoms) of a cruise ship's cases were asymptomatic

https://www.sciencefocus.com/news/co...p-study-finds/

This goes along with the tenn corr center...

"At the state-run Bledsoe County Correctional Complex, 583 staff and inmates out of 2,322 tested have been infected with coronavirus, based on testing conducted last month.

The Tennessee correction and health departments determined that 98% of the prison cases have been asymptomatic"

https://www.tennessean.com/story/new...ks/3067388001/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    I know a nurse that tested positive. Two separate tests. She felt tired and weak for a few days then spent two weeks doing yard work. It’s so strange how this thing affects people differently.
    I remember at the beginning there was speculation that A type blood got hit hard and O type didn't. Did anyone ever investigate this claim?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I remember at the beginning there was speculation that A type blood got hit hard and O type didn't. Did anyone ever investigate this claim?
    Never saw any follow up. Also saw something that basically everybody that was hospitalized had either inadequate or deficient levels of vitamin D (which would potentially explain why opening up isn't really causing a big spike since people are outside more now that the weather is warmer).

vCash
    The thinking is this is a vascular virus. So blood type could be involved. But no real proof.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Never saw any follow up. Also saw something that basically everybody that was hospitalized had either inadequate or deficient levels of vitamin D (which would potentially explain why opening up isn't really causing a big spike since people are outside more now that the weather is warmer).
    If either were true there would be real information on that out there by now.

vCash
    In Mississippi, 752 total deaths. 395 of those from LTC facilities. That's 52%.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg2003 View Post
    In Mississippi, 752 total deaths. 395 of those from LTC facilities. That's 52%.
    You're about to see the number of positive cases in LTC increase since they started testing every resident last week.

vCash
    Every resident and employee......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tough Dawg View Post
    Every resident and employee......
    Correct. National Guard conducted tests last week. My Mom tested positive. She's been locked down for 2.5 months.

vCash
    I haven’t heard anything else about that since it was first reported.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    We hit a high for vent use in Mississippi over the weekend. It has since fallen back some.
    We'll see daily changes but it'll stay in the same range. Although, Jones and Wayne Co.
    are going to test it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Chaser View Post
    You're about to see the number of positive cases in LTC increase since they started testing every resident last week.
    They've finished the testing. We should see the bump this week(end).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Chaser View Post
    Correct. National Guard conducted tests last week. My Mom tested positive. She's been locked down for 2.5 months.
    If lock downs really worked, all those homes would be safe. Lock downs simply don't work.

vCash
    We'll see daily changes but it'll stay in the same range. Although, Jones and Wayne Co.
    are going to test it.
    My understanding is the Jackson area hospitals are seeing significant upticks. Our daily average for new cases is still going up. That WILL translate into more in the ICU and on the vent.

vCash
    If lock downs really worked, all those homes would be safe. Lock downs simply don't work.
    Nursing homes can never be completely locked down. People have to be cared for. All it takes is one asymptomatic employee. It's also why the notion that we can some how open back up, go back to normal, while sheltering those at risk is just laughable.

vCash
    Not a single hospital I deal with had issues with PPE. And the PPEs used in surgery and used in a COVID unit aren't the same.
    Hell, I can go buy PPEs everyday with no problem. The government hoarded PPEs. But it's not hard to find a lot of what hospital needs.
    The lack of testing was the major issue. The slow ass results from MDH. But that's all been corrected too.
    I'm still waiting for you to post where to get it. My major sup[plier was by today, there is none to be had, PERIOD right now from his company. This is a MAJOR national company.

vCash
    My understanding is the Jackson area hospitals are seeing significant upticks. Our daily average for new cases is still going up. That WILL translate into more in the ICU and on the vent.
    Not necessarily on vent usage. I know a couple of the hot spots have seen numbers up but vent increase very little. But you're right about Jackson. Most population dense area in the state, so we'll see where that goes.

vCash
    Nursing homes can never be completely locked down. People have to be cared for. All it takes is one asymptomatic employee. It's also why the notion that we can some how open back up, go back to normal, while sheltering those at risk is just laughable.
    Correct. Homes prove there's no way to completely lockdown to prevent it. Just takes one person...

vCash
    I'm still waiting for you to post where to get it. My major sup[plier was by today, there is none to be had, PERIOD right now from his company. This is a MAJOR national company.
    Message me what you need and I'll check on it.