Page 181 of 274 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182183191231 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,620 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Last edited by Turfdawg67; 05-24-2020 at 09:04 AM.

vCash
    "I don't wear one"

Why am I not at all surprised?
    There's someone in my head but its not me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebob View Post
    "I don't wear one"

Why am I not at all surprised?
    Doesn't wear condoms either, so not surprised, lol.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WeWonItAll(Most) View Post
    Just wait, disaster's two weeks away**
    100,000 people are dead. Disaster is already here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    They don't care about the old and sick. Since it is only them it's no big deal. Open er up!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    They don't care about the old and sick. Since it is only them it's no big deal. Open er up!
    Good grief dude. This game is old and dumb. So you don't care about anything but covid?? People who have had cancer couldn't get a colonoscopyDoes that matter?
    But I know you are well, protecting yourself and your "essential" job. While the rest of us should stay at home to protect you..
    Last edited by Homedawg; 05-25-2020 at 09:25 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    .03% of the population has died. That's tragic, but it's not a disaster. And yes, it matters that somewhere between 30-40% of those people were in nursing homes. People usually die within about a year of entering a nursing home. The median stay in a nursing home before death is less than half a year. The average is just over a year because of the small percentage of residents that do survive a good while. That's not being callous. It's a normal and good thing to view deaths of young people as more of a problem than deaths of the old and infirm, for both moral and practical reasons. People making stupid staements like liverpool's are just virtue signaling to pretend that they care more than other people, or they are just children who don't understand that wishes and unicorn poop can't make reality disappear, or they are just selfish ass holes themselves and are arguing from a position of self interest.

Bad shit is going to happen from time to time and coronavirus is bad. We are only freaking out and destroying our economy because we have been so good at avoiding and/or managing bad things that we have deluded ourselves into thinking that they are always avoidable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Good grief dude. This game is old and dumb. So you don't care about anything but covid?? People who have had cancer couldn't get a colonoscopyDoes that matter?
    But I know you are well, protecting yourself and your "essential" job. While the rest of us should stay at home to protect you..
    Bit dogs always yelp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    .03% of the population has died. That's tragic, but it's not a disaster. And yes, it matters that somewhere between 30-40% of those people were in nursing homes. People usually die within about a year of entering a nursing home. The median stay in a nursing home before death is less than half a year. The average is just over a year because of the small percentage of residents that do survive a good while. That's not being callous. It's a normal and good thing to view deaths of young people as more of a problem than deaths of the old and infirm, for both moral and practical reasons. People making stupid staements like liverpool's are just virtue signaling to pretend that they care more than other people, or they are just children who don't understand that wishes and unicorn poop can't make reality disappear, or they are just selfish ass holes themselves and are arguing from a position of self interest.

Bad shit is going to happen from time to time and coronavirus is bad. We are only freaking out and destroying our economy because we have been so good at avoiding and/or managing bad things that we have deluded ourselves into thinking that they are always avoidable.
    LOL.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Covid related discussions are hilarious to me. It really is simple. Don't be a dick. Open the economy back up. Do everything you can to avoid people best you can. Wash your hands at every opportunity. Don't go out if you are not feeling well. Wear a mask if you are in public. Reduce how much you are in public, unless you have to be there. Keep 6ft or preferred 12 feet away from everyone if possible.

If everyone did that, the virus will still spread, but it would ve manageable to a point we do not see hospitals overruns.

So simple, protect yourselves, try to protect everyone else, and don't be a dick. We are all in this together.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Covid related discussions are hilarious to me. It really is simple. Don't be a dick. Open the economy back up. Do everything you can to avoid people best you can. Wash your hands at every opportunity. Don't go out if you are not feeling well. Wear a mask if you are in public. Reduce how much you are in public, unless you have to be there. Keep 6ft or preferred 12 feet away from everyone if possible.

If everyone did that, the virus will still spread, but it would ve manageable to a point we do not see hospitals overruns.

So simple, protect yourselves, try to protect everyone else, and don't be a dick. We are all in this together.
    +1,000!!!!!!! So simple. I agree.

vCash
    nevermind, i actually read the post
    Last edited by hacker; 05-26-2020 at 09:57 AM.

vCash
    Delete
    Last edited by msstate7; 05-26-2020 at 10:11 AM.

vCash
    Think this is appropriate behavior for confronting a non-mask wearer?

https://twitter.com/liz_wheeler/stat...516907520?s=21

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post

Absolutely ridiculous behavior! People have lost their damn minds!

vCash
    Have any of you seen the reports on money wasted for hospital space and the price being paid for stuff. Example California spent 500K a month rent for a convention center never used. $3.00 for a .35 mask.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post

I don't agree with that at all, but I understand the sentiment. I could post dozens of videos of people literally coughing on people when being asked to wear a mask.

I am down at the beach for the week and was at a Publix and i'd say 10% are wearing masks, and publix is doing what they can to help people social distance with one lane aisles, pretty much everyone was doing their part, and of course this one 50+ or so lady comes up an aisle the wrong way and another lady also about 50 very politely says, you are coming up the wrong way. This 50+ year old lady simply lost her mind and started yelling at her that she can walk anyway she wants and no one is going to tell her which way to walk up a grocery aisle.

It was bizarre. Two different people simply said "What is wrong with you" and I said "we are all doing our best here, do your very small part"

It has bothered me ever since, I simply don't understand doing something that may have the smallest of impacts to help stop the spread of this shit. No one is asking her to donate blood, plasma or volunteer at a local food bank, simply walk one way down an aisle. That's it. Our parents were drafted into Vietnam. Our grandparents signed up as fast as possible to fight in the jungles of japan and die in Europe. They did so aggressively. People my age signed up to fight a war against terror. Now everyone is being asked to do things like wear a mask and walk one way down an aisle, and they are acting as if they are being asked to live in 1950's Russia.

I just don't understand it. This goes against everything we are as Americans. We help strangers on the side of the road. We donate to food banks, hurricane relief and other natural disasters relief funds, having no clue who the victims are, but we always just help blindly. Here, we are simply being asked to do a few things to help stop the spread of a deadly disease. I don't like wearing a mask, I don't like going one way on certain food aisles, and I don't like that going to a restaurant feels like I'm risking my life, I hate these things, but I love my community more.

I don't know any posters on this board by name, a few may know my name. If there was a post by Homedog, Hooopsdawg, msstate7 or even our main man Shotgundawg announcing that their car had broken down on Highway 603 and wanted to know who to call, and If I saw it, i'd get in my car and go help. I would hope others near the area would too.

I am sorry for rambling, but I hope more people are taking this serious than the people at the beach are or that this virus is being overrated like the bears teams coming off an inflated recruiting class.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    I don't agree with that at all, but I understand the sentiment. I could post dozens of videos of people literally coughing on people when being asked to wear a mask.

I am down at the beach for the week and was at a Publix and i'd say 10% are wearing masks, and publix is doing what they can to help people social distance with one lane aisles, pretty much everyone was doing their part, and of course this one 50+ or so lady comes up an aisle the wrong way and another lady also about 50 very politely says, you are coming up the wrong way. This 50+ year old lady simply lost her mind and started yelling at her that she can walk anyway she wants and no one is going to tell her which way to walk up a grocery aisle.

It was bizarre. Two different people simply said "What is wrong with you" and I said "we are all doing our best here, do your very small part"

It has bothered me ever since, I simply don't understand doing something that may have the smallest of impacts to help stop the spread of this shit. No one is asking her to donate blood, plasma or volunteer at a local food bank, simply walk one way down an aisle. That's it. Our parents were drafted into Vietnam. Our grandparents signed up as fast as possible to fight in the jungles of japan and die in Europe. They did so aggressively. People my age signed up to fight a war against terror. Now everyone is being asked to do things like wear a mask and walk one way down an aisle, and they are acting as if they are being asked to live in 1950's Russia.

I just don't understand it. This goes against everything we are as Americans. We help strangers on the side of the road. We donate to food banks, hurricane relief and other natural disasters relief funds, having no clue who the victims are, but we always just help blindly. Here, we are simply being asked to do a few things to help stop the spread of a deadly disease. I don't like wearing a mask, I don't like going one way on certain food aisles, and I don't like that going to a restaurant feels like I'm risking my life, I hate these things, but I love my community more.

I don't know any posters on this board by name, a few may know my name. If there was a post by Homedog, Hooopsdawg, msstate7 or even our main man Shotgundawg announcing that their car had broken down on Highway 603 and wanted to know who to call, and If I saw it, i'd get in my car and go help. I would hope others near the area would too.

I am sorry for rambling, but I hope more people are taking this serious than the people at the beach are or that this virus is being overrated like the bears teams coming off an inflated recruiting class.
    The real question is would you come to help or come to kiss my butt? Haha... I'd do the same for you too, bud

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Have any of you seen the reports on money wasted for hospital space and the price being paid for stuff. Example California spent 500K a month rent for a convention center never used. $3.00 for a .35 mask.
    That is being prepared. I have zero issue with it. In my opinion, CA upheld their responsibility to their people. If, for example, LA had a gigantic outbreak (which is/was less potential than NY and Chicago) they would have needed the space. The price for stuff is a direct response to supply and demand. This is where the federal government should have stepped in and purchased literally every single mask available and distributed to the states. Why are states competing against each other for needed personal protection items.

I have said this from the beginning. The federal government should have been spending 20 billion a week working on making each state as safe as it could be. 20 billion a week versus our economy is cheap. The fed has already pumped 3.5 trillion into the market that has artificially propped up the market. It was the smart move, because as things reopen and the unemployment numbers get back below 10% the market hopefully will reflect the newly opened economy and the drop won't be that drastic.

As you initial statement on CA spending 500k for additional overflow space..... I say that is exactly what they needed to do at the time. An ounce of prevention is worth 10 pounds of not being prepared.
    Downvotes_Hype