Page 179 of 274 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181189229 ... LastLast
Results 3,561 to 3,580 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg2003 View Post
    I don't understand the Cuomo thing. Nursing homes should be able to quarantine their own patients. You can't just have people taking up a hospital bed that don't meet the criteria for hospitalization.
    The US Army built two 1000 bed hospitals and sent a ship with 900 hospital beds. Please don't try to defend a guy who probably cause 1000's of deaths.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    The US Army built two 1000 bed hospitals and sent a ship with 900 hospital beds. Please don't try to defend a guy who probably cause 1000's of deaths.
    Nursing homes are medical facilities that quarantine their own patients and go on lockdown when there is a flu outbreak. The purpose of a hospital is not to quarantine patients. It's a waste of staff and resources to keep a patient in a hospital that doesn't meet criteria for hospitalization. Do you really think hospitals around here were keeping patients just to quarantine them? What do you think other hospitals were doing with nursing home patients?

Is there some other circumstance here? Did some nursing homes in NY say they were unable to quarantine?

vCash
    Nursing homes are medical facilities that quarantine their own patients and go on lockdown when there is a flu outbreak. The purpose of a hospital is not to quarantine patients. It's a waste of staff and resources to keep a patient in a hospital that doesn't meet criteria for hospitalization. Do you really think hospitals around here were keeping patients just to quarantine them? What do you think other hospitals were doing with nursing home patients?

Is there some other circumstance here? Did some nursing homes in NY say they were unable to quarantine?
    I think Jack is talking about the ones that died. They probably should've been in a hospital at some point but doesn't seem like they were or were allowed to be. And to be perfectly honest ... those folks were probably someone's grandpa or grandma.

Trump had done this ... he'd be crucified.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    I think Jack is talking about the ones that died. They probably should've been in a hospital at some point but doesn't seem like they were or were allowed to be. And to be perfectly honest ... those folks were probably someone's grandpa or grandma.

Trump had done this ... he'd be crucified.
    Were people from nursing homes denied hospitalization when it was necessary? Everything I read on this is vague and doesn't give details.

vCash
    I don't understand the Cuomo thing. Nursing homes should be able to quarantine their own patients. You can't just have people taking up a hospital bed that don't meet the criteria for hospitalization.
    How many nursing homes have you been too? I haven't been to many, but out of the half dozen I've been to, there was one very high end one, that was really a senior living facility with a small nursing home (I'm guessing they might not even take people who weren't transitioning from their assisted living facility), I don't think they'd have the capabilities of quarantining residents, whether they should be able to or not.

It doesn't take hindsight that sending COVID positive people to nursing homes was likely to lead to breakouts. That's why at least a couple of government officials removed a parent from a nursing home even as they made the call to force nursing homes to take positive patients.

vCash
    Were people from nursing homes denied hospitalization when it was necessary? Everything I read on this is vague and doesn't give details.
    It seems most of the LTC patients here in my part of MS that die from Coronavirus are dying in the LTC. I don't remember seeing that much with other things.

vCash
    Isn't the number of covid19 deaths around 40% from nursing homes?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    It seems most of the LTC patients here in my part of MS that die from Coronavirus are dying in the LTC. I don't remember seeing that much with other things.
    My dad was moved to the hospital immediately upon testing positive. Within 6 hours, the State contacted us as well. Hospital has him on zinc, Vitamins C & D, and Panquil.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    My dad was moved to the hospital immediately upon testing positive. Within 6 hours, the State contacted us as well. Hospital has him on zinc, Vitamins C & D, and Panquil.
    How's he doing? Treatments working well?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    How many nursing homes have you been too? I haven't been to many, but out of the half dozen I've been to, there was one very high end one, that was really a senior living facility with a small nursing home (I'm guessing they might not even take people who weren't transitioning from their assisted living facility), I don't think they'd have the capabilities of quarantining residents, whether they should be able to or not.

It doesn't take hindsight that sending COVID positive people to nursing homes was likely to lead to breakouts. That's why at least a couple of government officials removed a parent from a nursing home even as they made the call to force nursing homes to take positive patients.
    If the nursing homes are saying they don't have the capability to quarantine their own patients, that's one thing. They should be able to do that though. They do it during flu outbreaks in nursing homes. I work in healthcare, so I've been to several nursing homes. We had a situation where a nursing home was refusing to take patients back, and the hospital told them needed to come pick the patients up. They came and got them. I'm not sure if they had 2 negative COVID tests yet. I'm just wondering if the Cuomo situation was similar.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Isn't the number of covid19 deaths around 40% from nursing homes?
    It was 49% last I looked. In Mississippi.

vCash
    It was 49% last I looked. In Mississippi.
    Wow. I was referring to US though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Wow. I was referring to US though
    As of today in Mississippi, 570 total deaths. 289 from LTC facilities. If my math is correct, that is 50.7%.

vCash
    As of today in Mississippi, 570 total deaths. 289 from LTC facilities. If my math is correct, that is 50.7%.
    I feel like this has been an underreported story.

It was 40% a month ago. So it is rising.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    How's he doing? Treatments working well?
    He's only about 3 days in and ok but it takes about a week for it to hit. I don't expect him to survive. He's had heart surgery, is diabetic, and they found a mass in his lungs when doing his chest X-ray. But I'm ok with it. Just hope it goes fast. He's been suffering for years with Alzheimer's, so this stuff is nothing. None of this stuff is worse than Alzheimer's, Nothing is.

vCash
    Not enough measures are being taken in homes. You can't simply quarantine there. It's already been proven it doesn't work. People (workers included) aren't being tested daily as they should. The capability is there now. I personally know 7 people who have died in homes. The effort is half-assed.

vCash
    He's only about 3 days in and ok but it takes about a week for it to hit. I don't expect him to survive. He's had heart surgery, is diabetic, and they found a mass in his lungs when doing his chest X-ray. But I'm ok with it. Just hope it goes fast. He's been suffering for years with Alzheimer's, so this stuff is nothing. None of this stuff is worse than Alzheimer's, Nothing is.
    Man sorry to hear that. I agree on the Alzheimer's my father in law passed away 2 weeks ago and he's been suffering with it. Terrible, horrible disease! I'll be praying for him.

vCash
    Sounds like a clue to me.

vCash
    Alzheimer's is a horrid disease. I'm so sorry. I pray my parents don't get it.

vCash
    He's been suffering for years with Alzheimer's, so this stuff is nothing. None of this stuff is worse than Alzheimer's, Nothing is.
    Dude, you. are. dead. effin. nuts. on.

My ole man died from that shit bout 6 years ago.

+1
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17