Page 178 of 274 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188228 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,560 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Trump taking hydroxy. Pelosi says she don't think it's a good idea while secretly wishing he keels over dead *

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Not all tests are delayed 14 days. It's been 26 days since Georgia opened. It may explode any day now, but nothing supports that
    Yep.

vCash
    Maybe kemp should be in charge of when to open things up...

This is a graph of 7-day averages in Georgia. That peak is April 22nd, which is 2 days before Georgia reopened among controversy. It appears Kemp is due some apologies considering Georgia has now been open closing in on a month.

https://dph.georgia.gov/covid-19-daily-status-report
    Quote Originally Posted by turkish View Post
    Don?t wanna jinx it. Hope the trend in GA continues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Georgia has a 14 day delay in reporting. We will see.
    Ya'll are slipping! You didn't see the report that GA was fudging the numbers by putting dates in the wrong order so they could show a declining graph to support reopening????

I'm not saying reopening is a bad decision, but you don't want MS government putting data together like GA. Feel free to read the Atlanta Journal article linked below.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ajc...1NVGO/amp.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    Ya'll are slipping! You didn't see the report that GA was fudging the numbers by putting dates in the wrong order so they could show a declining graph to support reopening????

I'm not saying reopening is a bad decision, but you don't want MS government putting data together like GA. Feel free to read the Atlanta Journal article linked below.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ajc...1NVGO/amp.html
    Use AJC's tracking info then... hospitalization, daily cases, and deaths all showing downward trend.

https://www.ajc.com/news/coronavirus...BSVSNQDDAuZxH/

vCash
    Use AJC's tracking info then... hospitalization, daily cases, and deaths all showing downward trend.

Down from peak for certain, but they actually look to have plateaued to me. That isn't a bad thing necessarily and jives with the goal of not stressing the medical system.

I'm going to be real interested to see what happens a couple of weeks from this weekend honestly. The tourists have invaded here the past two weeks building toward Memorial Day weekend. The coast has been a relative cool spot compared to Albany, Atlanta, and Athens (we've had 79 cases and 1 death in a population of 85,000 in Glynn County) - but the ATL is our main tourist base. With it opened up and us getting an influx of outsiders, will we see a spike locally? If we don't, I'll feel much better about this getting back to normal sooner rather than later.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash

I'm not saying cases aren't down, as quite honestly I don't really care at this point. What I was saying was that the state government justified reopening when it did (since it was the first one) by using "fabricated" data points. The governor doesn't come out and apologize if the numbers at the time would have backed his decision.

On a separate (but similar note), FL just fired the person responsible for calculating and publishing their numbers. She says it's because she wouldn't manipulate the data; they say it was for insubordination.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.mia...242851256.html

The fact remains, this epidemic is very political. I'm more worried about accurate data than anything else. If that is being censored in any way, then we have bigger worries than just the virus.

vCash
    This is a pretty interesting read on how Florida did a good job managing coronavirus and avoided the more disastrous policies pursued by places like New York, where they forced nursing homes to take back residents with Wuhan. https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/...d-19-strategy/

It's also another data point on how there are real, negative consequences to having a shitty media with major outlets dominated by partisanship. Had we had a media interested in things other than partisan narratives, it might have occurred to them to ask why Florida was taking a different approach, rather than just jumping to the orange man bad narrative. They might would have spread information that would have helped other states avoid the disastrous policies that Cuomo put in place. I recognize that kind of critical thinking is beyond the capabilities of most journalists, but there are exceptions but those exceptions do no good when they can't get any oxygen b/c it's all sucked up by the rest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    This is a pretty interesting read on how Florida did a good job managing coronavirus and avoided the more disastrous policies pursued by places like New York, where they forced nursing homes to take back residents with Wuhan. https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/...d-19-strategy/

It's also another data point on how there are real, negative consequences to having a shitty media with major outlets dominated by partisanship. Had we had a media interested in things other than partisan narratives, it might have occurred to them to ask why Florida was taking a different approach, rather than just jumping to the orange man bad narrative. They might would have spread information that would have helped other states avoid the disastrous policies that Cuomo put in place. I recognize that kind of critical thinking is beyond the capabilities of most journalists, but there are exceptions but those exceptions do no good when they can't get any oxygen b/c it's all sucked up by the rest.
    Nevertheless, Cuomo has been praised throughout

vCash
    He will probably be sued over the nurshing home deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Nobody is going to get anywhere suing him. He's going to be immune. And supposedly New York put in immunity for nursing homes in one of their state stimulus bills. So they knew pretty early own that they 17ed up enough that they wanted to foreclose suits that would result in nursing homes pointing out their 17up.

The best families can hope for as far as holding him accountable is that his reputation will be trashed and his political career brought to an end. I'd say that's pretty unlikely to happen though.

vCash

That lines up with this data (taken with a large grain of salt like all polling data). What drives infection is individual behavior, not state policies. Georgia's infection rates didn't start dropping in the data until a month after people started social distancing. No reason to think an increase will show up in the data earlier than that after a plummet in social distancing. Now that those stay at home rates are likely plummeting, infection rates will surely follow in a couple weeks to a month.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...e-of-covid-19/

vCash
    It’s crazy. He has done a horrible job. I’m not sure anyone could have done any worse than him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Nobody is going to get anywhere suing him. He's going to be immune. And supposedly New York put in immunity for nursing homes in one of their state stimulus bills. So they knew pretty early own that they 17ed up enough that they wanted to foreclose suits that would result in nursing homes pointing out their 17up.

The best families can hope for as far as holding him accountable is that his reputation will be trashed and his political career brought to an end. I'd say that's pretty unlikely to happen though.
    He can be sued.

vCash
    Mississippi hospital numbers had been doing well over the weekend, they are up so far this week, some of them fairly substantially.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    It’s crazy. He has done a horrible job. I’m not sure anyone could have done any worse than him.
    The mayor of New York City gives him a run for his money

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I don't understand the Cuomo thing. Nursing homes should be able to quarantine their own patients. You can't just have people taking up a hospital bed that don't meet the criteria for hospitalization.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Mississippi hospital numbers had been doing well over the weekend, they are up so far this week, some of them fairly substantially.
    I know UMMC has been busting at the seems as usual. My hospital is back on diversion after being off of it by canceling procedures. We've also had to close some beds on the weekend due to lack of staff.

vCash
    In general, most people are not scared to go to their doctors appointments or seek emergency care like they were 1 month ago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    In general, most people are not scared to go to their doctors appointments or seek emergency care like they were 1 month ago.
    Yes, which is good. People were missing well checkups.