Page 66 of 274 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    ^ This is what MS should be doing. I had to go to the pharmacy for an essential medication and it is astounding the people going about their business like nothing is going on. Walmart, Lowe?s, pawn shops, barber shops, convenience stores, liquor stores and traffic everywhere. At this rate going up ~20% everyday; in 14 days Mississippi will be at ~7500 cases. And based on current death/confirmed cases percentage increases. In 14 days we could see 300+ deaths. Tired of people comparing this to the flu. Flu related hospitalizations are under 5%. COVID-19 is around 30+ % and it?s 4-5 times more contagious.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    US deaths per million: 4
    Miss deaths per million: 2.3

We're still below national mark right now
    Just wait... that will change. With our diabetic and hypertensive population and the COPD patients. It?s about to get a lot worse.

vCash
    Hope Im wrong!!

vCash
    I think there are a lot of people waking around here spreading it. I've heard from some people that work in ERs here and in New Orleans that people are coming in with symptoms and are being sent home without testing if they are not in distress. They are being told to quarantine, but how do you know they are doing it?

vCash
    That is what is scary. Many people have no symptoms at all or mild symptom at best. And some are contagious for up to 14 days before having any symptoms. I may go broke over this but we all need to freaking stay home unless absolute necessary. It ain?t that complicated folks.

vCash
    https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMe2002387

This article lists Fauci as an author. Check out 3rd paragraph

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    [tweet2]1243582199967944704[/tweet2]
    this is actually very similar to what a number of cities and counties in GA are doing. City of Brunswick passed ours on Monday, and our County passed it Wednesday.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Thanks for the info! Good article, but at the same time many contagious folks are out shopping like it?s nothing and have no clue they are contagious. I?ll bet my stimulus check that I won?t be getting that the fatalities will far exceed any flu season since the flu-shot. We have no immunities to this virus and it?s more contagious. Not disagreeing with Fauci or you. He is an expert in his field and I am in mine. Just concerned. But again thanks for sharing! I need some good news in my life.

vCash
    This is pretty cool. Lots of Americans pitching in trying to help during this thing:

https://umc.edu/news/News_Articles/2...-COVID-19.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    This is pretty cool. Lots of Americans pitching in trying to help during this thing:

https://umc.edu/news/News_Articles/2...-COVID-19.html
    Thanks for the link. I just want everyone to put politics aside and come together so we can get through this. We can get back to the bickering when this is over.

vCash
    Thanks for the link. I just want everyone to put politics aside and come together so we can get through this. We can get back to the bickering when this is over.
    You're welcome and I agree wholeheartedly. I'm seeing more and more people pitching in and doing whatever they can to help. We have thousands of seniors on our medical alert service and I've talked to many this week and they're an inspiration. Let's all keep fighting the good fight and help each other get through this. It's gonna take a village on this one!

vCash
    Hear, hear.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by softballfanatic1 View Post
    ^ This is what MS should be doing. I had to go to the pharmacy for an essential medication and it is astounding the people going about their business like nothing is going on. Walmart, Lowe?s, pawn shops, barber shops, convenience stores, liquor stores and traffic everywhere. At this rate going up ~20% everyday; in 14 days Mississippi will be at ~7500 cases. And based on current death/confirmed cases percentage increases. In 14 days we could see 300+ deaths. Tired of people comparing this to the flu. Flu related hospitalizations are under 5%. COVID-19 is around 30+ % and it?s 4-5 times more contagious.
    I don't know that Walmart, Lowe's, pawn shops, convenience stores, or liquor stores are being closed by the Alabama mandate just based on the quoted tweet above.

Personally, I would argue that keeping Lowe's open is a necessary sacrifice for keeping people sane at home and not roaming to even more locations. (half-serious)
    Far Moorhead yaw

vCash
    Seems like stats on how this is affecting the various age groups in US are non-existent for some reason. At least I can't seem to find any.
    Last edited by dawgday166; 03-27-2020 at 07:27 PM.

vCash
    Last edited by hacker; 03-27-2020 at 07:26 PM.

vCash
    Great post.

vCash
    Completely agree

vCash
    579 total cases in MS, 7 total deaths
    94 new cases, 2 new deaths

3,139 "official" tests

DeSoto is getting hit hard, 63 total cases
    104 cases in the metro area
    Lauderdale from 0 to 10 in 2 days
    First death in Rankin
    You can thank the two large groups from DeSoto County that went on a "mission trip" to the Dominican Republic for Spring Break for that. I wish people would have been paying attention to the warnings that were being put out about Spring Break travel. There is no unringing that bell.

Banned
    vCash
    Do you understand exponential growth? We'll have 100k cases around March 30.
    Quote Originally Posted by redatced View Post
    Is that a fact?
    -Conversation in this thread on March 20th. Removed name as to not flame because at this point I think the point has been made to those not wanting to believe and shaming them further is just going to hurt the cause.

But it appears it was indeed a fact. The only thing possibly wrong is that it was too conservative of an estimate.

vCash
    Sadly, I think we are going to hit 1000 deaths per day in about a week