Page 62 of 274 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    Please stop saying things that aren?t true. A million people do not die in car crashes each year.

That?s insane. Please don?t just regurgitate bullshit that you hear on television.

In 2018 there were over 36,000 car related deaths.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moto...ar#cite_note-9
    Don't be an ass. That's 36k in America right? I'm seeing well over a million, close to 1.5 million, worldwide.

vCash
    Please stop saying things that aren?t true. A million people do not die in car crashes each year.

That?s insane. Please don?t just regurgitate bullshit that you hear on television.

In 2018 there were over 36,000 car related deaths.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moto...ar#cite_note-9
    Where did I say in the us? worldwide bro....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Where did I say in the us? worldwide bro....
    Fair enough - but its such a straw man argument.

In the US - we average roughly 100 car related deaths every day. Yesterday there were 80 COVID-19 deaths in New York from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm.

We also just passed Italy in number of Covid-19 related cases.

vCash
    Governor Edwards of Louisiana is having a news conference. CV cases up 28% since yesterday. An additional 18 deaths. Damn.

vCash
    "its an overreaction"

"its the medias fault"

"well it is not as bad as car wrecks"...

The progression of spin and mental gymnastics by the people that have not taken this seriously or are trying so desperately to downplay this is astonishing. Who needs sports? We can just watch them and see how long they continue with their dig their heels and look silly as time passes.

But it is too bad this attitude to downplay it will cost lives.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheaddawg View Post
    "its an overreaction"

"its the medias fault"

"well it is not as bad as car wrecks"...

The progression of spin and mental gymnastics by the people that have not taken this seriously or are trying so desperately to downplay this is astonishing. Who needs sports? We can just watch them and see how long they continue with their dig their heels and look silly as time passes.

But it is too bad this attitude to downplay it will cost lives.
    I think the difference is what some expected vs others. Frankly, it's not near as bad as I thought it would be (yet) so I'm not freaking out. I thought we'd be looking at 100k deaths nationwide and some kind of national tragedy, now I am thinking half of that or less. Does that suck? Yes. But it would be similar to a really bad flu season (61k died in America from the flu in 2018 flu season per the cdc).

vCash
    DeadHead, truer words have never been spoken. The BS being spewed by some defies logic.
    Less than three weeks ago, a
    church near Little Rock had an Easter program. The result? Over
    30 new cases. Not knocking religion (Yes, I am a believer. ) but that pastor in Louisiana who continues to hold services needs to be ?Baker Acted? and put in a mental hospital. He is seeking martyrdom by hoping his church will be forcibly shut down. People will die because of him.

vCash
    Please help your healthcare professionals right now and respect the catastrophe that's about to hit. Downplaying this will result in everyone getting sick at once sending 100's of thousands of people to the hospital and will QUICKLY surpass our hospital capacity in many regions across the country. The logistical nightmare that's hitting the medical industry right now is unprecedented, not to mention that a significant percentage of their workforce is about to be sick. They need our help and if you're too stubborn to acknowledge and respect that, you're an asshole.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    "Epidemiologist Neil Ferguson, who created the highly-cited Imperial College London coronavirus model, which has been cited by organizations like The New York Times and has been instrumental in governmental policy decision-making, offered a massive revision to his model on Wednesday.

Ferguson?s model projected 2.2 million dead people in the United States and 500,000 in the U.K. from COVID-19 if no action were taken to slow the virus and blunt its curve.

However, after just one day of ordered lockdowns in the U.K., Ferguson has changed his tune, revealing that far more people likely have the virus than his team figured. Now, the epidemiologist predicts, hospitals will be just fine taking on COVID-19 patients and estimates 20,000 or far fewer people will die from the virus itself or from its agitation of other ailments.

Ferguson thus dropped his prediction from 500,000 dead to 20,000.

Author and former New York Times reporter Alex Berenson broke down the bombshell report via Twitter on Thursday morning "

https://www.dailywire.com/news/epide...mpaign=dwbrand
    So the same crew comes in and says we?re not paying attention the to experts??-but here?s an expert that they were quoting who now they?re not paying attention to. Odd.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphus Raymond View Post
    Governor Edwards of Louisiana is having a news conference. CV cases up 28% since yesterday. An additional 18 deaths. Damn.
    28% seems to be the common theme right now as far as progression;

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundawg1974 View Post
    So the same crew comes in and says we?re not paying attention the to experts??-but here?s an expert that they were quoting who now they?re not paying attention to. Odd.
    This is the model that all the experts were basing there numbers on. EVERYONE needs to read what he's saying now and he's not the only one saying the original numbers may have been greatly inflated.

vCash
    28% seems to be the common theme right now as far as progression;
    The case number isn't really that important given that 4 out of 5 can go undetected. The % positive of the number tested is the most compelling stat to me when it comes to understand what percentage of the population is likely infected. New York and Louisiana are far and away ahead of everyone else in % positive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    This is the model that all the experts were basing there numbers on. EVERYONE needs to read what he's saying now and he's not the only one saying the original numbers may have been greatly inflated.
    The whole article and tweet thread from Alex K is misinformation.

The guy updated the model and the numbers still show 2.18 million deaths in the US (down from 2.2 million) if we don't do anything.

ETA Proof:

Last edited by hacker; 03-26-2020 at 04:11 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post

The guy updated the model and the numbers still show 2.18 million deaths in the US (down from 2.2 million) if we don't do anything. I read it earlier.
    That's the thing we have done something.

vCash
    That's the thing we have done something.
    ETA And I'm hoping and praying that the numbers are way off.

vCash

The guy updated the model and the numbers still show 2.18 million deaths in the US (down from 2.2 million) if we don't do anything. I read it earlier.
    2.18 million deaths? Good grief that's ridiculous

ETA... let's roll with this as the gospel though. When this is over, subtract the actual US deaths from 2.18 million, and that's how many lives trump saved, right?
    Last edited by msstate7; 03-26-2020 at 04:06 PM.

vCash
    I'm not saying I agree with the numbers, but I did want to point out that the article is bs.

Seems there's a lot of those articles lately for some reason..

vCash
    I'm not saying I agree with the numbers, but I did want to point out that the article is bs.

Seems there's a lot of those articles lately for some reason..
    Well here's what the guy told parliament:

The UK should now be able to cope with the spread of the covid-19 virus, according to one of the epidemiologists advising the government.

Neil Ferguson at Imperial College London gave evidence today to the UK’s parliamentary select committee on science and technology as part of an inquiry into the nation’s response to the coronavirus outbreak.

He said that expected increases in National Health Service capacity and ongoing restrictions to people’s movements make him “reasonably confident” the health service can cope when the predicted peak of the epidemic arrives in two or three weeks. UK deaths from the disease are now unlikely to exceed 20,000, he said, and could be much lower.

The need for intensive care beds will get very close to capacity in some areas, but won’t be breached at a national level, said Ferguson. The projections are based on computer simulations of the virus spreading, which take into account the properties of the virus, the reduced transmission between people asked to stay at home and the capacity of hospitals, particularly intensive care units.

vCash
    Well here's what the guy told parliament:

The UK should now be able to cope with the spread of the covid-19 virus, according to one of the epidemiologists advising the government.

Neil Ferguson at Imperial College London gave evidence today to the UK’s parliamentary select committee on science and technology as part of an inquiry into the nation’s response to the coronavirus outbreak.

He said that expected increases in National Health Service capacity and ongoing restrictions to people’s movements make him “reasonably confident” the health service can cope when the predicted peak of the epidemic arrives in two or three weeks. UK deaths from the disease are now unlikely to exceed 20,000, he said, and could be much lower.

The need for intensive care beds will get very close to capacity in some areas, but won’t be breached at a national level, said Ferguson. The projections are based on computer simulations of the virus spreading, which take into account the properties of the virus, the reduced transmission between people asked to stay at home and the capacity of hospitals, particularly intensive care units.
    So not BS unless he's lying to parliament.

vCash
    https://twitter.com/ShellenbergerMD/...984517121?s=20

The guy we're discussing above said had we done nothing, COVID19 would have infected 7 billion people and killed 40 million. WTH, there's 7.6 billion people on earth, 92% infection. Tell me again how many kids are getting this?
    Last edited by msstate7; 03-26-2020 at 04:28 PM.