Page 43 of 274 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    If you read the lockdown people can still do things like walk outside and go to the park to exercise.
    They won't be able to do even that in NYC starting at 8 EDT tonight. That's when virtually total lockdown starts for them. 9000 cases so far in a very dense city.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    This is about to absolutely cripple New Orleans and the surrounding area. Dealing with hospital shortages in an area that's rich in resources is different than dealing with a healthcare crisis in the middle of a poverty riddled region where people don't have access to essential daily supplies. Lawlessness could quickly ensue throughout the region, which will exacerbate the problem 1,000 fold.
    1/3 of New Orleans hospitals are currently COVID-19 patients. Their numbers being posted everywhere are not correct. They will need temporary hospitals and assistance within a week at this rate. Some of you are taking this lightly, and it makes no damn sense. It hasn't hit home for those that don't believe this is a big deal..... but it will.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    God says listen to the doctors he guided in his divine wisdom to be the experts to deal with this crisis.
    This I agree with.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WeWonItAll(Most) View Post
    Mortality rate based on the worldometers numbers is down to 1% today. Down from 1.5% four days ago. But critical cases are up from 0.5% to 2% in the same timespan
    Only 15 states are reporting hospitalization data. In the states without hospitalization data, all of their cases go into the mild bucket.

vCash
    NY is getting hammered. What are Washington state's numbers doing? Any slow down there?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    NY is getting hammered. What are Washington state's numbers doing? Any slow down there?

They're doing well relative to NY for sure.

vCash

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggie_Style View Post
    Complete bullshit....when it?s all said and done cases in the US won?t exceed 30,000....summer is close at hand
    This statement was made 10 days ago. TEN. DAYS. AGO.

33k cases in the US and counting.

vCash

Jeez...a lot in this thread is going to age terribly, sadly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    1/3 of New Orleans hospitals are currently COVID-19 patients. Their numbers being posted everywhere are not correct. They will need temporary hospitals and assistance within a week at this rate. Some of you are taking this lightly, and it makes no damn sense. It hasn't hit home for those that don't believe this is a big deal..... but it will.
    They've been seeing this for two weeks. They don't have enough test to test people. They sent a friend of mine home who has it without testing him last week and told him to quarantine because he has it. His fever broke today and he's feeling better. He hoped this is the end of it. It's about to hit their police officers, healthcare workers, prisons, everything. The next 10 days in New Orleans are critical.

vCash
    9,373 new cases and 118 deaths in the past 24 hours in the US

Yesterday: 4,825 new cases and 46 deaths

vCash

They should do one of those "where are they now?" shows about this guy

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Jeez...a lot in this thread is going to age terribly, sadly.
    Yep. Look at all the people who called that medium article a "good read." I was really really disappointed to see that. A lot of lack of critical thinking going on this board. Thankfully I know most Mississippians know to store food not toilet papers when they have to shack up for a week or two so they should know how to handle this incoming lockdown. But I'm really disappointed to see people constantly trying to undersell this. My grandparents finally listened to me. Didn't go to church today but watched online. Told them I'd watch with them.

For those with loved ones in the at-risk category, please encourage them to stay home. Get their groceries / food for them. Offer to do things like church with them remotely. Church is the big struggle right now and I know how difficult it can be to get them to give that up. Offer to do bible study and watch remotely with them. No way God looks down on them for staying at home.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post

That's making me nervous.

vCash
    Tomorrow will be very important to see if Italy's numbers trend in the right direction again. Could give us a guess on how long till it peaks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post

My God.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    Tomorrow will be very important to see if Italy's numbers trend in the right direction again. Could give us a guess on how long till it peaks.
    Thing is Italy actually started sheltering. We're still going on spring break and licking toilets.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg2003 View Post
    That's making me nervous.
    Me too. I reached out to MD Anderson today. As you all know, I'm a prostate cancer survivor. I've had 3 blood tests since my surgery and my PSA 0.0! That's great but I'm a couple weeks past due on my next blood test. I had to reschedule for April 6th in Hattiesburg. The last thing I want to do is sit in a doctors office that's in the hospital, then go to the lab where so many people go each day and have my blood drawn! MD Anderson told me "I'd be fine. I'm not a risk." I'm not too sure I'll be getting that test. I'll be nervous about the cancer but damn!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Me too. I reached out to MD Anderson today. As you all know, I'm a prostate cancer survivor. I've had 3 blood tests since my surgery and my PSA 0.0! That's great but I'm a couple weeks past due on my next blood test. I had to reschedule for April 6th in Hattiesburg. The last thing I want to do is sit in a doctors office that's in the hospital, then go to the lab where so many people go each day and have my blood drawn! MD Anderson told me "I'd be fine. I'm not a risk." I'm not too sure I'll be getting that test. I'll be nervous about the cancer but damn!!!
    Be careful brother. Wear a face mask and nitrile/latex gloves if it makes you feel better and take hand cleanser with you. Who cares if people look at you sideways. Be careful.