Page 42 of 274 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    By the way, the "evidence over hysteria" post was removed from that website for violation of the rules: https://medium.com/six-four-six-nine...9-1b767def5894

Here's a twitter thread that goes more in depth: https://twitter.com/CT_Bergstrom/sta...22140559503360
    Wow. So glad Britt Hume was able to assist that shit going viral.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheaddawg View Post
    You are the kind of person that thinks "common sense" is better than the advice of nearly every medical and scientific expert in the world. You are the kids and of guy the when confronted with things he isn't smart enough to understand, he counters with lame old "trigger" and "bless your heart" because you can't even come up with something original.

And you are the kind of guy that has been trying to mock those with concern saying they are scared. Well honey, they arnt scared. They are just smart enough to follow advice. You clearly arnt.

And people like you are the reason we are behind on the response and social distancing. All because you are too stupid to understand. And as the shit hits the fan a lot of the blame LIE SQUARELY ON THE SHOULDERS OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU

In two weeks don't run around trying to blame things on other people. I hope you are man enough to admit you have been wrong and a dangerous fool. But you won't. You will whine and try to blame others.

Because you are stupid
    This message needs to be on repeat on a loud speaker everywhere.

Banned
    vCash
    This seems to be a good article to read. At least Brit Hume, of Fox News, thinks so and others who have retweeted it.

Why I Decided to Run for President by Donald Trump

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Read it again...

"1% of everyone who is tested"; not all who are tested have it.

"2.3% of all cases died"; this is among only the infected
    The circled part says "cases" which implies infected. The headline of that section is purposefully misleading.

vCash
    The circled part says "cases" which implies infected. The headline of that section is purposefully misleading.
    Yeah, it is

vCash
    One of many reasons the article was taken down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    Not trying to start a pissing match, but if you are in healthcare and you think this is being overblown by the media then 99% of your colleagues disagree with you. I can guarantee your institution is taking it seriously. You can also call it panic, but the natural result of closing restaurants and telling people to stay home is people flooding the grocery stores. You can argue that shutting everything down won't work, but its hard to argue that it is the wrong decision. Unfortunately, there are a lot of people that won't ever feel this is a big deal unless someone close to them is affected. The flu comparison is not applicable, and anyone in healthcare should know that. As long as it continues to ravage and escalate in Italy, we should be doing everything we can to avoid that result. Disclaimer: just my opinion and subject to being wrong.
    Great post

vCash
    For those of you who continue to blame The Deep State, the Liberal Press, or China, you sound foolish. Please just stop. Go ahead, call me Snowflake, Nancy etc if it makes you feel better, but reality is quickly setting in and you know it. We screwed up big time. Accept that reality and drive on, and above all else, Trust Science.

ALAS, BABYLON!!
    (Only kidding)
    Airborne,
    Dolphus Raymond

vCash
    This whole damn board sounds foolish. Nothing new there though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphus Raymond View Post
    For those of you who continue to blame The Deep State, the Liberal Press, or China, you sound foolish. Please just stop. Go ahead, call me Snowflake, Nancy etc if it makes you feel better, but reality is quickly setting in and you know it. We screwed up big time. Accept that reality and drive on, and above all else, Trust Science.

ALAS, BABYLON!!
    (Only kidding)
    Airborne,
    Dolphus Raymond
    Well, the great Fauchi was on tv this morning saying our response was great. Said we closed off the travel when we should have etc. This is the same guy everyone has been praising.

vCash

ALAS, BABYLON!!
    (Only kidding)
    Airborne,
    Dolphus Raymond
    I trust God.

vCash

ALAS, BABYLON!!
    (Only kidding)
    Airborne,
    Dolphus Raymond
    So much truth in this. Thanks for saying it

vCash
    Louisiana gov just issued statewide lockdown. Their situation is pretty bad compared to us, but I still think our lockdown will be coming this week.

vCash
    Mortality rate based on the worldometers numbers is down to 1% today. Down from 1.5% four days ago. But critical cases are up from 0.5% to 2% in the same timespan
    Far Moorhead yaw

vCash
    This is about to absolutely cripple New Orleans and the surrounding area. Dealing with hospital shortages in an area that's rich in resources is different than dealing with a healthcare crisis in the middle of a poverty riddled region where people don't have access to essential daily supplies. Lawlessness could quickly ensue throughout the region, which will exacerbate the problem 1,000 fold.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I trust God.
    I'm with you. We need to pray.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msudawg1200 View Post
    I'm with you. We need to pray.
    Pray all you want...but still listen to medical experts, please.

Apropos, I just saw where the Michigan Gov exempted churches from the 50+ person ban...what a terrible terrible idea...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Pray all you want...but still listen to medical experts, please.

Apropos, I just saw where the Michigan Gov exempted churches from the 50+ person ban...what a terrible terrible idea...
    I listen to God. He is the expert.

vCash
    Louisiana gov just issued statewide lockdown. Their situation is pretty bad compared to us, but I still think our lockdown will be coming this week.
    If you read the lockdown people can still do things like walk outside and go to the park to exercise.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msudawg1200 View Post
    I listen to God. He is the expert.
    God says listen to the doctors he guided in his divine wisdom to be the experts to deal with this crisis.