Page 27 of 274 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    I don't think anyone knows your identity, so why would you care? You can be as sensationalistic as you want to be, when you are an anonymous message board warrior.
    Well fwiw my friends and family that are calling this overblown or blaming it on the media know my opinion on this too, and it's the same. If you are ignoring what is happening and you are giving dangerous advice I don't respect you. And we probably should distance ourselves permanently in real life.

Pretty stunning lack of compassion out there right now.
    Last edited by deadheaddawg; 03-19-2020 at 02:56 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheaddawg View Post
    Well fwiw my friends and family that are calling this overblown or blaming it on the media know my opinion on this too, and it's the same. If you are ignoring what is happening and you are giving dangerous advice I don't respect you. And we probably should distance ourselves permanently in real life.

Pretty stunning lack of compassion out there right now.
    Hysteria and compassion aren't the same thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    There's a lot of percentages they're not sharing right now, which I don't appreciate.

The other thing that annoys me is they aren't giving any information on the people that test positive or whether there is any obvious transmission route.

It matters if somebody has recently traveled or not when people are assessing risk. We have cases in some relatively backwoods places, and if they aren't largely from people that have some idea of where they might have caught it, that tells us a lot about the likely prevalence in the area.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    The other thing that annoys me is they aren't giving any information on the people that test positive or whether there is any obvious transmission route.

It matters if somebody has recently traveled or not when people are assessing risk. We have cases in some relatively backwoods places, and if they aren't largely from people that have some idea of where they might have caught it, that tells us a lot about the likely prevalence in the area.
    Exactly. I don't know if they're hiding the impact or don't have reliable ways to track the info or what, but the task force lady said in a WH briefing two days ago that she had just received a large amount of data that should help start helping us understand the impacts more. Then radio silence for days... I know testing was delayed for whatever reason at the outbreak, but now that everyone understands how severe this is why would we be waiting to share all the underlying data?

vCash
    I know Singapore is small, but it just seems crazy that they can do this with their data: https://co.vid19.sg/cases

...while we're out here waiting for crumbs. And waiting 7 days for test results.

If you click on one of the nodes in the graph, you get details: https://co.vid19.sg/cases/singapore-...gapore-citizen
    Last edited by hacker; 03-19-2020 at 03:16 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    Mid next week it heats up really good down south though. Fingers crossed.
    I keep seeing post saying heat combats it .... heard this am on the radio from CDC that it was a myth
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Chinese Numbers for the Virus have a very interesting summary

IF you take out Hubei Province (Wuhan City is located there)....

Six other provinces in China with a population of 523.3 Million more than USA (372M) and more than the entire EU (513M) only have 5223 Infected and 18 dead. I am looking at Guangdong, Hunan, Fujian, Jiangxi, Zhejing, and Shanghai.

Source: Johns Hopkins Site: https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/a...23467b48e9ecf6

The State of New York (19M) already has 4158 infected and 21 dead

Seems to me that Either China is lying about the numbers in China or Something else (you decide)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    I keep seeing post saying heat combats it .... heard this am on the radio from CDC that it was a myth
    Who knows? This article claims it does based on data taken before China locked down

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Who knows? This article claims it does based on data taken before China locked down
    https://www.accuweather.com/en/healt...ource=facebook

vCash
    Sean Payton tests positive

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Chinese Numbers for the Virus have a very interesting summary

IF you take out Hubei Province (Wuhan City is located there)....

Six other provinces in China with a population of 523.3 Million more than USA (372M) and more than the entire EU (513M) only have 5223 Infected and 18 dead. I am looking at Guangdong, Hunan, Fujian, Jiangxi, Zhejing, and Shanghai.

Source: Johns Hopkins Site: https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/a...23467b48e9ecf6

The State of New York (19M) already has 4158 infected and 21 dead

Seems to me that Either China is lying about the numbers in China or Something else (you decide)
    China instituted Martial Law, and has a populace that listens to the government to stay at home and doesn't go on Spring break. The also tested, isolated and tracked the contacts aggressively. Bringing in Medical help from all over China. And built 2 - 1,000 bed hospitals...

All things We CANNOT do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post
    China instituted Martial Law, and has a populace that listens to the government to stay at home and doesn't go on Spring break. The also tested, isolated and tracked the contacts aggressively. Bringing in Medical help from all over China. And built 2 - 1,000 bed hospitals...

All things We CANNOT do.
    We CAN do but we won't...until it is far too late.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    It won't slow it down like it does flu season. And if we have a lot of cases, it won't matter. I think the Spanish Flu peaked in like July or August. But if we can keep the cases from exploding, it might significantly change the Ro, maybe pushing it below 1 and allowed us to control it much faster than if we were fighting it in colder and drier months.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    It won't slow it down like it does flu season. And if we have a lot of cases, it won't matter. I think the Spanish Flu peaked in like July or August. But if we can keep the cases from exploding, it might significantly change the Ro, maybe pushing it below 1 and allowed us to control it much faster than if we were fighting it in colder and drier months.
    Exactly. New report I saw today indicated that heat really has no impact on it slowing down. Distance and time is what we need. We just need to buy enough time so that proper treatments can be developed and a vaccine can be finalized, produced, and made available.

vCash
    2,330 new cases in NY alone in the past 24 hours

vCash
    Washington is doing good. Only 58 in the past 24 hours. I think their curve is flattening.

vCash
    Health department confirms 1st death. From Hancock County.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post

All things We CANNOT do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    We CAN do but we won't...until it is far too late.
    China lies and China doesn't mind if they lose much of their populace. We don't need to be taking any pointers from that communist country. They were also welding people into their homes and putting metal bars on the windows. Many people that spoke out about them ended up vanishing. The numbers China allowed to leak I wouldn't trust as far as I could throw an elephant.

vCash
    Right now, our response is at least 6 weeks behind where it should be. Those at the top chose to bury their collective heads in the sand rather than act proactively and now the entire crisis is FUBAR. People will die because of this, and some continue to make excuses for those who should have acted earlier. Just damn guys, stop enabling these people. They F?d up and now we are going to have to pay a huge price in both lives ?treasure?.

vCash
    34 year old:

https://www.foxla.com/news/glendora-...florida-report

This one is pretty concerning to me. I had asthma, bronchitis, and pneumonia as a kid just like this guy did. Plus I'm older than him.