Page 26 of 274 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    We are going to take a pretty good lick and then hopefully it'll wimper off after the surge. Looks like it will be ugly though. South Korea did a great job but they are going to be susceptible to repeat outbreaks because its still running so rampant everywhere else and they haven't built up much immunity in their country.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    We are going to take a pretty good lick and then hopefully it'll wimper off after the surge. Looks like it will be ugly though. South Korea did a great job but they are going to be susceptible to repeat outbreaks because its still running so rampant everywhere else and they haven't built up much immunity in their country.
    I think they'll do fine, they're probably testing on arrival to the country.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    I think they'll do fine, they're probably testing on arrival to the country.
    They might. They will have to be vigilant for a long time though. A lot easier for them to do than us I suppose.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Aaaahhhh, natural selection at it's finest. Witness the small steps evolution is taking the create a smarter next generation.
    Except it won't do anything to help natural selection b/c they largely aren't going to die. It may punish their parents for raising idiots.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    There's only two that clearly lean. The others are accused of leaning but in my opinion are much closer to the middle of the country than most realize. I don't think people in Mississippi account for how far right they are nationally. What may appear to be "liberal" to some is just "not a super, far right ideal" to others. It's all perspective and everyone having a voice has confused people. Many blame the media. I personally think social media is more to blame.
    It's not a problem to lean. The problem is being untrustworthy. There are plenty of individual journalists that I'm sure are trustworthy regardless of their political leanings. But they don't get blasted all over the TV if they are in broadcast, and to the extent they are in newspapers or online, they are just mixed in with all the ass hats and people pay more attention to the publisher than the byline, so they don't really get identified as trustworthy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDawg View Post
    Perfect example of the greater point. It's not me it's the other side.
    I just listened to The President's presser live. He is literally doing the same thing. This attitude you are talking about, It comes from the top.

If we are going to get together as a country it would be nice if the guy in charge would hold off poking the fire.
    Last edited by deadheaddawg; 03-19-2020 at 12:25 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheaddawg View Post
    I just listened to The President's presser live. He is literally doing the same thing. This attitude you are talking about, It comes from the top.

If we are going to get together as a country it would be nice if the guy in charge would hold off poking the fire
    Trump could cure this thing himself and you?d be pissed he didn?t do it sooner. Just shut the hell up with all your political crap already. I come to this bird for anything but that.

vCash
    5322 new cases and 427 new deaths in Italy

vCash

If we are going to get together as a country it would be nice if the guy in charge would hold off poking the fire.
    Yeah, because it definitely started with this president. it's only been that way for 3 years.

vCash
    Can we leave the politics out?

vCash

Can we please leave politics out of it?

Mods, the title says to keep politics out of it. Can we enforce that? Ridiculous that I come here to read about the latest developments, and I get to read a shit throwing contest.
    Last edited by KOdawg1; 03-19-2020 at 12:44 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Can we please leave politics out of it?
    lol, I saw that

vCash
    lol, I saw that
    Thought I'd keep it civil lol

vCash
    This is of course slanted to a certain viewpoint, but does raise some questions to consider as to impacts
    https://thefederalist.com/2020/03/19...WyEzTl_XuM_gDI

vCash
    Here's some good news:

[tweet2]1240687371051393024[/tweet2]

vCash
    Here's some good news:

[tweet2]1240687371051393024[/tweet2]
    Why don't they tell number of tests for each day also? Drives me mad that we don't get that info also

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    It's not a problem to lean. The problem is being untrustworthy. There are plenty of individual journalists that I'm sure are trustworthy regardless of their political leanings. But they don't get blasted all over the TV if they are in broadcast, and to the extent they are in newspapers or online, they are just mixed in with all the ass hats and people pay more attention to the publisher than the byline, so they don't really get identified as trustworthy.
    I won't argue with that. News stations no longer hold reporters accountable when they become obviously biased. I do think it's a spot problem and not necessarily "network encouraged" as much as some think. However, it has the same effect if it becomes too prevalent. I notice it most consistently on two stations, which I no longer watch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Why don't they tell number of tests for each day also? Drives me mad that we don't get that info also

There's a lot of percentages they're not sharing right now, which I don't appreciate.

vCash
    nope. The people dismissing this are embarrassing. And truth be told I have zero respect for them. The writing has been on the wall. If you were still calling this an overreaction and blaming it on the media last Friday then you are legitimately stupid, dangerous, and gullible fool. There is zero excuse not to know what's going on. And that means you willfully ignored this. Which is embarrassing. And I dont really care what their opinion of me is. They are not the kind of people I want to like me.

Ive tried to be nicer here, because I think this board is a more intelligent and reasonable bunch. That other board is full of blathering idiots.
    I don't think anyone knows your identity, so why would you care? You can be as sensationalistic as you want to be, when you are an anonymous message board warrior.
    Last edited by MaroonFlounder; 03-19-2020 at 02:28 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    I won't argue with that. News stations no longer hold reporters accountable when they become obviously biased. I do think it's a spot problem and not necessarily "network encouraged" as much as some think. However, it has the same effect if it becomes too prevalent. I notice it most consistently on two stations, which I no longer watch.
    I'm less bothered by the broadcast "news". THat's essentially a market problem; they are all trash because people want entertainment more than news.

The print I am bothered by. The New York Times and Washington Post haven't abandoned their standards because that's what it took them to gain marketshare (I don't think; certainly could be wrong). Certainly there has been a sea change in the industry and maybe that was an excuse some of the people used for it, particularly not keeping editorial content separate from news content, but I don't t hink people were demanding entertainment from their newspapers int eh same way they were demanding it from broadcast media (or at least not in a way that required them to trash the news side).