Page 206 of 274 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208216256 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,120 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

Archimedes
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    285 deaths in US today. That's a really good number considering deaths rose with cases at the beginning (March - april). It doesn't appear to be the case anymore.
    The deaths have always lagged 2-4 weeks behind the positive test.

vCash

Looks like they rose together. Check the dates.

vCash
    April 24th was the peak up until recently. April 20th was peak of deaths with steady drop after that. Should be a peak 2 weeks after April 24th if you're correct.

vCash

Don't let facts get in the way

vCash

This makes me wonder if we're actually in a second peak now but the COVID virus is getting less lethal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsRelentless View Post
    The deaths have always lagged 2-4 weeks behind the positive test.
    This bears repeating. The reported daily cases started increasing again around June 12.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dparker View Post
    This bears repeating. The reported daily cases started increasing again around June 12.
    Using 7-day avg, US peak in cases until just recently was April 11th at 32,459. Death peak was April 17th at 2,248. Looking at 7-day avg for NY, same thing... April 9th was peak cases, 9,999 and deaths was April 13th, 956.

Deaths have continued to fall in the US, and I think the main reason is median age of cases now. Younger people are getting it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    This makes me wonder if we're actually in a second peak now but the COVID virus is getting less lethal.
    I think we're getting better at treating it and have stopped doing things that were harmful (like putting people on vents to quickly), and that's making a difference, but I think the biggest deal is just so much of our early numbers were driven by New York, which basically acted like they needed to save the government some money by killing off nursing home patients more quickly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I've read at least two articles by doctors who think this. They believe any slight mutation which has occurred has actually weakened the virus. I still believe younger people getting it is the main driver though.

vCash
    Cases are at an all time high with deaths at an all time low. That is incredible to think about.

There will be a rise in deaths Monday through Thursday as compared to this past Saturday and Sunday because the counts during the week have almost always been higher than the weekend. But the key will be whether that rise in deaths is way higher than the previous two weeks and look more like late April numbers, or look more like what we've seen the last two weeks. I suspect the latter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Cases are at an all time high with deaths at an all time low. That is incredible to think about.

There will be a rise in deaths Monday through Thursday as compared to this past Saturday and Sunday because the counts during the week have almost always been higher than the weekend. But the key will be whether that rise in deaths is way higher than the previous two weeks and look more like late April numbers, or look more like what we've seen the last two weeks. I suspect the latter.
    The new spike is mostly among young people.

Archimedes
    vCash
    285 deaths in US today. That's a really good number considering deaths rose with cases at the beginning (March - april). It doesn't appear to be the case anymore.
    April 24th was the peak up until recently. April 20th was peak of deaths with steady drop after that. Should be a peak 2 weeks after April 24th if you're correct.
    Look at the numbers x LTC and get back to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    The new spike is mostly among young people.
    yep ... my son was just diagnosed ... when he was with us in Atlanta in the epicenter of Georgia no problem ... he moved up to our other place in Tennessee where it was non-existent (so to speak) on our farm with wide open spaces and very little contact with others he came down with it ... Friday night bonfire at the farm with about a dozen others his age
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Monday's numbers show 2 new "covid 19 related deaths" and 18 additional reported deaths which occurred from May 5 - June 22.

Those 18 suck for sure, but the fact that there were only 2 new deaths from Sunday continues the drop in deaths. We are now averaging 5 deaths a day over the last ten days.

vCash
    I made a little app to keep track of daily / historical updates on the county level. It grabs the state update every day and then compares it to the previous update for a quick glance at new cases/deaths per county. You can also click on a county to see historical updates. The updates start at 6/27 because that's when I started tracking the data. I should've done this 3 months ago, but better late than never.

http://ms-covid-tracker.herokuapp.com/

Mess around with it, let me know what you think. I'll probably add graphs soon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    I made a little app to keep track of daily / historical updates on the county level. It grabs the state update every day and then compares it to the previous update for a quick glance at new cases/deaths per county. You can also click on a county to see historical updates. The updates start at 6/27 because that's when I started tracking the data. I should've done this 3 months ago, but better late than never.

http://ms-covid-tracker.herokuapp.com/

Mess around with it, let me know what you think. I'll probably add graphs soon.
    Looks good.

vCash

vCash
    There's no doubt that this is either much less potent than it was, or the true number of cases is not going up and just way more people, especially young people, are being tested. I'm inclined to believe it's partly due to both, but more the former.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    There's no doubt that this is either much less potent than it was, or the true number of cases is not going up and just way more people, especially young people, are being tested. I'm inclined to believe it's partly due to both, but more the former.
    I've talked with 2 infectious disease doctors I know very well, one at UAB and one at UPMC in Pittsburgh. Their studies are showing the virus is weakening and more young people are being exposed/tested and the young and healthy are not suffering very many adverse affects from the virus, thus the declining death rate. Both of these doctors have been doing this for over 20 years so I value their opinion.

vCash
    14 new deaths today. That's higher than sat, sun, mon, but tuesdays and Wednesday's always are. Will be interesting to see if 7 day average moves this week.

Of the 14 today, All were over 50. 12/14 over 60.

So far, 1073 deaths.
    0 under 20.
    .6% of deaths are under 30.
    2.2% of deaths are under 40.
    6.5% of deaths are under 50.
    15.5% of deaths are under 60.

So 84.5% of deaths are over 60.