Page 58 of 274 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    I work for one of the worlds largest companies. I want them to continue to thrive. That way many people continue to make big salaries and keep buying shit and spending money. Otherwise it just gets uglier and uglier. I think most reasonable thinking Americans understand this concept.
    Good post. People need to understand the trickle down effect. If large businesses fail or make cuts in their spending it trickles down to us small businesses. I have 2 accounts that are 2 of the largest home health and hospice providers in the country. They account for a large amount of our business. Guess what? If they make cuts in their spending and cut us off, we are pretty much done. I guarantee you it's this way for just about every small to medium size business out there. This virus is serious no doubt, and I'm not downplaying it, but if businesses start failing left and right and people lose everything, it's gonna make this virus look like a walk in the park.

vCash
    Italy's eclipsed 10%. The US is still floating just below 1.5%
    Far Moorhead yaw

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WeWonItAll(Most) View Post
    Italy's eclipsed 10%. The US is still floating just below 1.5%
    Spain - 7.2%
    UK - 5.2%
    Germany - 0.5%
    The whole world is at 4.5%

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    My son has friends in Germany, that isn't the case.
    Pardon me if I trust the word of Dr. Christian Drosten, Head of Virology at Charite Berlin, over your son's friends

vCash
    Some of you are waaaay out in left field just like some of the media is. The President says we could possibly open parts of the USA back up for certain areas that are not heavily affected. The doctors agree that once the curve starts going down and baring some underlying issue they don't see why we shouldn't be able to do that.

Media asking questions says, "oh, so you're going to open up NYC?" Uh, no did they say that? Geeze.... use common sense and stop trying to put words in people's mouths.

Banned
    vCash
    Trickle down economics used to work until inflation outpaced raises by way too much as those at the top started hoarding wealth.

Now the money doesn't trickle down. It gets stuck at the top as the wealth continually gets hoarded.

People with big salaries spend money up to a certain point, yes. But once we get past that point they have no need to spend everything and start hoarding it. This is where trickledown fails in practice.

Trickledown is the same as communism in that they are both great in theory; however, they have eventually failed every time in practice.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post
    I must not be able to see the part of your post about the actual virus. Like this thread is supposed to be about.

All I see is more of your political mumbo jumbo.
    This is a stimulus package released to help Americans be able to survive their bills during the pandemic. It's helpful info to know that in May everyone that made over $2500 income on 2018 tax returns (up to a certain point. I don't know specifics) will get about $1200 from the government. If you were disabled you don't get a check because that's not taxable income.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    Common man? You mean, as was discovered in previous posts, you are not quite a communist, but somewhere in-between a communist and capitalist, you want the government to control most every aspect of human activity. You are for government takeover of industry - especially healthcare. You want redistribution of wealth. These are your words from previous posts, not mine.

If you read further about the bill being signed, the relief package, it will provide direct financial checks to many Americans, drastically expand unemployment insurance, offer hundreds [of] billions in loans to both small and large businesses, and provide health care providers with additional resources as the virus spreads. Doesn't this include help for the "common man"? Sure, but no, you are not happy.

As was stated in The Wall Street Journal:

?President Trump can?t do right by some critics no matter what he does. For three years he?s been denounced as a reckless authoritarian, and now he?s attacked for not being authoritarian enough by refusing to commandeer American industry. The truth is that private industry is responding to the coronavirus? with support from the government rather than ?command and control,?.
    You keep calling me communist like it's bad. I hope you respond to our private message and also can include if you think Heaven operates on a communistic approach or capitalistic approach.

And you missed my gripe. My gripe is that the businesses are being taken care of first. The check is not coming for the common man until may. Why are we "helping the businesses to help the common man" before we help the common man? Send those checks out TODAY. (within reason of course, but you can't tell me we can't automate this process to be done quickly. You've got the criteria to sort people into. That's the only hard part of this. The rest is just logistics.)

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    I work for one of the worlds largest companies. I want them to continue to thrive. That way many people continue to make big salaries and keep buying shit and spending money. Otherwise it just gets uglier and uglier. I think most reasonable thinking Americans understand this concept.
    Most reasonable americans understand the idea of this concept. More should notice where it has begun failing more and more.

Helping the common man indirectly is not as effective as helping them directly. Not right now.

vCash
    Think of the stimulus like the air bags in an airplane. There the training says for the adults to take care of themselves first and then take care of the dependents. That's basically the school of thought although most big people today think "big business" and immediately go to "exorbitant C-level salaries" and equate big business to being an enemy of the common man.

Not to mention is much easier to set up taking care of businesses with a system, some of which is already in place, versus cutting several million individual checks. Would I like it to be faster? Absolutely but I'm just glad they are doing something.

Both needed to be taken care and and to some level both are. No idea yet if it's the best thing, but they didn't have a month to sit around and debate and write the thing either.

vCash
    And not to make light of anyone losing their life but I just looked up the death toll and according to worldometer it's at ~21K.

Isn't that way, way below some initial worldwide projections for this point in time?

Hoping that's correct and that's a good thing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    You keep calling me communist like it's bad. I hope you respond to our private message and also can include if you think Heaven operates on a communistic approach or capitalistic approach.
    What an idiot!! Oh my God, you think Communism is Good? What an ignorance of history - power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely! You need to read history of all the communist countries through out history and see how they operate and how they ultimately end. Capitalism is not perfect but it is FAR above anything communism has to offer. You need to move to Russia comrade and see how you will like it!

Yes, I did respond, read your private messages!!

Banned
    vCash
    What an idiot!! Oh my God, you think Communism is Good? What an ignorance of history - power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely! You need to read history of all the communist countries through out history and see how they operate and how they ultimately end. Capitalism is not perfect but it is FAR above anything communism has to offer. You need to move to Russia comrade and see how you will like it!

Yes, I did respond, read your private messages!!
    Communism in theory = good. Communism in practice = bad.

The problem is the leader must be whole and pure. No man is able to be that eternally. My question was not about Earth but about Heaven. Perfect communism will never be attained on Earth w/o divine intervention.

vCash
    Communism in theory = good. Communism in practice = bad.

The problem is the leader must be whole and pure. No man is able to be that eternally. My question was not about Earth but about Heaven. Perfect communism will never be attained on Earth w/o divine intervention.
    You just proved my whole point on communism!! Thanks!!!!! There are no earthly leaders that are pure and whole. Thank you again!!!

vCash
    Idk how, but this thread just keeps getting worse

vCash

And you missed my gripe. My gripe is that the businesses are being taken care of first. The check is not coming for the common man until may. Why are we "helping the businesses to help the common man" before we help the common man? Send those checks out TODAY. (within reason of course, but you can't tell me we can't automate this process to be done quickly. You've got the criteria to sort people into. That's the only hard part of this. The rest is just logistics.)
    We'll see when the text comes out, but I can almost guarantee we are not helping business before the common man. Most likely, the first thing available is going to be expanded unemployment insurance. Businesses will not get anything either until they apply for and get some type of loan, or until they reduce or take a deduction/credit against their quarterly tax payments.

But beyond that, businesses are being helped because policymakers (and I assume individuals) want people helped primarily by them staying employed in their current job, not by getting unemployment or getting direct checks that are a pittance in the grand theme of things compared to getting to keep a regular paycheck.

ETA: Sending checks indiscriminately to people regardless of how they've been impacted by coronavirus shutdowns and regardless of their ability to weather the storm seems like the least important part of the stimulus and the most complicated to roll out other than maybe some of the loan programs. Doesn't seem crazy that it would be last to get done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Idk how, but this thread just keeps getting worse

LOL, I know. I am afraid I am part of it, in this thread, but who knew we had communist comrades on this board spouting ideas foreign to our founding fathers and our Judeo-Christian beginnings? Very hard to let them go unchallenged! I apologize for the distraction to the original post.

vCash
    This is a stimulus package released to help Americans be able to survive their bills during the pandemic. It's helpful info to know that in May everyone that made over $2500 income on 2018 tax returns (up to a certain point. I don't know specifics) will get about $1200 from the government. If you were disabled you don't get a check because that's not taxable income.
    Exaaaaaaactly...

The bolded is all your post required to get the same point across. Thanks!

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post
    Exaaaaaaactly...

The bolded is all your post required to get the same point across. Thanks!
    Yep I don't know the specifics on one section so I know nothing. If a mathematician doesn't know the specific answer to fermat's last theorem then he's not a mathematician. Bad logic is bad.

Banned
    vCash
    You just proved my whole point on communism!! Thanks!!!!! There are no earthly leaders that are pure and whole. Thank you again!!!
    Ok so we're almost there. Bear with me. You've almost made it.

So is it bad to like the communist ideals since there is no earthly leader capable? I've said that it wouldn't work, but there is still manners in which we can come close but not fall to the same pitfalls as many before.

And just to reiterate is heaven communist or capitalist? Am I communist for wanting a communist heaven?