Page 4 of 274 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheaddawg View Post
    And doing things like suspending sporting events, online classes, and limiting foreign travel is taking it seriously. It's what should be done.

Panicking is buying 5 cases of toliet paper and paying $20 for some hand sanitizer on eBay
    This. Exactly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Yeah, and my Facebook is full of people on cruise ships, in Florida, and New York. About two weeks after Spring Break it will explode here.
    Liver,

Speaking from someone who has over a decade of medical experience including continuing my education in healthcare, there is a difference between classroom experience and clinical experience. Classroom is where you can be online. Clinical coursework you can include simulation labs to help. They won't suspend clinicals indefinitely so it's not like they will be going the year completely without clinicals. You can definitely balance the two if it comes to that.
    Last edited by Activated Alpha; 03-12-2020 at 01:39 PM.

vCash
    The real thing I'm learning from this is how marked up travel and cruise prices are. $15 plane tickets available. $200 cruises available. Now you know their bottom line to stay afloat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    The real thing I'm learning from this is how marked up travel and cruise prices are. $15 plane tickets available. $200 cruises available. Now you know their bottom line to stay afloat.
    Yeah they're practically giving tickets away right now. amazing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yeah they're practically giving tickets away right now. amazing.
    Considering full price for a round trip ticket from Atlanta to the Northwest coast runs around $700 And they pack 200+ plus on one of those planes they should have plenty in their savings acct. hahah

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Considering full price for a round trip ticket from Atlanta to the Northwest coast runs around $700 And they pack 200+ plus on one of those planes they should have plenty in their savings acct. hahah
    You got that right!

vCash
    I know who Chemosabe is. What he says is probably spot on. He is a physician that has intense professional AND personal reasons for staying on top of this. I have probably already read what he said but I'm going to go look at that.
    i?d follow the guy in this youtube video over an anonymous message board poster

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    You will be surprised how many more surgeries will be done by dr's who only interact with computers or the surgeries are done by robots... in the not so distant future.
    No I won't. It's already happening in my podunk little County, NOW, not in the future. What you are missing is the body they are treating is not a computer no matter how it's being done. Your ignorance is stunning.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    That would be over 3,000,000 US deaths. To put that number in perspective, it's more than the population of Mississippi. I don't think it'll get anywhere near that bad.
    Unfortunately you have politicians hoping for that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoplectic View Post
    i?d follow the guy in this youtube video over an anonymous message board poster
    He is a physician who is board certified in three specialties. He also lectures at at least one medical school. He treats a patient population that is THE most vulnerable to this virus on a daily basis. He is one of the sharpest and most up to date docs I've ever run across. I haven't watched the vid but I KNOW Chemosabe is well up on it. He also has a good friend who is working on the virus itself at NIH.
    Last edited by Liverpooldawg; 03-12-2020 at 05:29 PM.

vCash
    He is a physician who is board certified in three specialties. He also lectures at at least one medical school. He treats a patient population that is THE most vulnerable to this virus on a daily basis. He is one of the sharpest and most up to date docs I've ever run across. I haven't watched the vid but I KNOW Chemosabe is well up on it. He also has a good friend who is working on the birus itself at NIH.
    I don't agree with Liver on everthing but he's right on with this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    I'd bet you all your VCash that the US has 30,000 confirmed cases by the start of Summer. We didn't do enough to contain it initially and it will slowly spread out. Bad take.
    Your on!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheaddawg View Post
    You think a few weeks of interruption will keep a person from becoming properly trained?

Wow and lol
    It depends on where they are in their training and how long the interruption is. Also, to work in this kind of thing IS what they are being trained in is it not?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    Liver,

Speaking from someone who has over a decade of medical experience including continuing my education in healthcare, there is a difference between classroom experience and clinical experience. Classroom is where you can be online. Clinical coursework you can include simulation labs to help. They won't suspend clinicals indefinitely so it's not like they will be going the year completely without clinicals. You can definitely balance the two if it comes to that.
    I'm speaking from over 3 decades worth. Of healthcare experience. I agree, as long as the do not cut the clinicals short in anyway. If it means they have to go to school longer then that's the way it will have to be.

vCash
    He is a physician who is board certified in three specialties. He also lectures at at least one medical school. He treats a patient population that is THE most vulnerable to this virus on a daily basis. He is one of the sharpest and most up to date docs I've ever run across. I haven't watched the vid but I KNOW Chemosabe is well up on it. He also has a good friend who is working on the birus itself at NIH.
    so important that he spends time on a message board ???-

guessing this guy doesn?t waste his on the gopher message boards:: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Osterholm

vCash

So when does the run on the banks start?

I keep waiting for it

vCash
    Why would there be a run on the banks nothing is going to be open to spend it on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    Why would there be a run on the banks nothing is going to be open to spend it on.
    Valid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Unfortunately you have politicians hoping for that.
    No you don't. Don't go crazy, Jack.

vCash
    He is a physician who is board certified in three specialties. He also lectures at at least one medical school. He treats a patient population that is THE most vulnerable to this virus on a daily basis. He is one of the sharpest and most up to date docs I've ever run across. I haven't watched the vid but I KNOW Chemosabe is well up on it. He also has a good friend who is working on the virus itself at NIH.
    So to be clear, when Fauci says "it's going to get worse before it gets better", your message board friend disagrees with that?