Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
So let me get something straight. And before I get this straight I'll just say this ... When people were bashing Obama in 2009 over H1N1, I defended him. And it primarily affected my age group. When I defend Trump now, it's for the same reason and while I'm close to being in the affected age group, I'm not quite there just yet. The reason I defended both Obama and Trump is ... when you're trading all the possible impacts due to either disease they're in untenable positions. There are no good options.

Now for what I'm trying to get straight. If I'm reading it right from a source or two ... We can shut the country down, have almost everyone teleworking, probably virtually destroy whole segments of our economy (hotels, airlines, cruises, travel, restaurants, some entertainment, etc.) and the folks that wanted to do all of that are up in arms now cause Trump (and Fauci) say that anyone traveling out of NY to other states should self quarantine for 14 days. Seriously???

Seems to be the same folks that trashed him for shutting travel from China down.

In the meantime, let's open up the political/religious debate on this thread to ... does anyone really think those industries mentioned above will be able to rebound very quickly immediately following the defeat of the virus?
I think those industries will definitely take a hit no matter what. Just a small example- I was going to stay in Starkville for SBW. Now that it has been cancelled I'm certainly not going to go just to go to Starkville essentially. So my hotel and whatever restaurants I would have eaten at lost my money because of COVID. So for this year they're definitely going to take a hit no matter what.