Page 6 of 274 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Ok, you side with the PHD that never has to get into the trenches and treat actual sick people. I side with a well respected clinician who does that every single day. What really SUCKS is that we are actually having this argument.
    you fail to understand my point being wtf is this genius doing spending time on a message board during the health crisis of our generation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    In any thread about anything pertaining to anything in the realm of medicine or healthcare he presents himself as an expert. He lashes out against simple questions instead of reasonably answering. I asked him if he’s a doctor or medical sales rep in an old thread on the poli board and he said no. I’m really curious to what he does that makes him the supreme authority on anything even remotely related to medicine. My first guess is he’s retired at whatever he used to do.
    Podiatrist.**

Seriously though I think PT? Or was it NP?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggie_Style View Post
    Nope.....and over 60% of cases in the US are confined to 4 urban areas. It is taking countries only 4-5 weeks to contain this illness once significant numbers are affected. There are a lot of factors in play including activity levels, population density, weather and how proactive the community is in prevention. My math still puts us in the 20-25K total cases by summer.
    I'd hold off on any predictions of growth until we actually have readily available tests, which won't be fore another two weeks.
    WHY IS EVERYONE YELLING?!?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Podiatrist.**

Seriously though I think PT? Or was it NP?
    I'm thinking he stayed at a Holiday Inn Express***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    I'm thinking he stayed at a Holiday Inn Express***
    LOL, good one! I don't know about him but I use Choice Hotels, does that count for anything? HA!

vCash
    2 new cases in Hattiesburg

vCash
    Not in the medical field. You can learn the basics and the theory. You can't learn the art. All those interesting organs and nasty diseases are attached to human beings with personalities and individual physiologies. In a simulation you are presented with x and if you do y you get z. It doesn't work that way with real live humans. Health science IS a science, but practicing any health related field is also an art. I would not let a simulation only trained practitioner touch me, ever. You are the one showing ignorance here man. Sorry.
    The suspension of school is not a big deal. A lot of medical professionals (doctors specifically) learn very little about truly taking care of patients in the actual school part, whether that's in the books or clinical.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogDX55 View Post
    I'd hold off on any predictions of growth until we actually have readily available tests, which won't be fore another two weeks.
    There are a ton of people who don't need a test clamoring to get one. Just like the idiots clearing toilet paper and canned goods off the shelf.......have fun eating all that Chicken of the Sea for the next 3 years.....LOL.....Anyone who meets basic criteria are getting tested and most of those come back negative. I'm all for testing anyone and everyone as soon as we can get ramped up to do it and keeping everyone at home for the next few weeks. The sooner we can contain this the better.

vCash
    AL finally welcomed its first case

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    2 new cases in Hattiesburg
    Do they have a tie to original case there?

Banned
    vCash
    There are a ton of people who don't need a test clamoring to get one. Just like the idiots clearing toilet paper and canned goods off the shelf.......have fun eating all that Chicken of the Sea for the next 3 years.....LOL.....Anyone who meets basic criteria are getting tested and most of those come back negative. I'm all for testing anyone and everyone as soon as we can get ramped up to do it and keeping everyone at home for the next few weeks. The sooner we can contain this the better.
    For every 100 people that want to get tested, i'd wager at least 1 is infected at this point. Being conservative and saying there's only 1% of the country that is clamoring for being tested themselves, let's do some quick maths.

300,000,000 * 1% * 1% = 30,000

That's just being super conservative. This shit has hit New York man. Even if it only has .1% of the NY metro... that's 20,000. You're woefully underestimating this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    For every 100 people that want to get tested, i'd wager at least 1 is infected at this point. Being conservative and saying there's only 1% of the country that is clamoring for being tested themselves, let's do some quick maths.

300,000,000 * 1% * 1% = 30,000

That's just being super conservative. This shit has hit New York man. Even if it only has .1% of the NY metro... that's 20,000. You're woefully underestimating this.
    Dude.....currently 95 people in NYC have confirmed coronavirus......that's .0012% of the population and two orders of magnitude away from your anally extracted numbers.....go eat your tunafish**

Banned
    vCash
    Dude.....currently 95 people in NYC have confirmed coronavirus......that's .0012% of the population and two orders of magnitude away from your anally extracted numbers.....go eat your tunafish**
    You keep missing the fact that we can't / aren't testing everyone that should and could be tested. There's 95 confirmed cases. How many more are unable to be tested? That's the key ingredient you are missing. You're trusting that we have the capability to test everyone that has it right now. We don't. We've admitted we don't. It will be at best two weeks before we can.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    AL finally welcomed its first case
    Family reunions all over the state need to be canceled
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    Family reunions all over the state need to be canceled
    good thing it?s not football season - self worth would be at an all time low

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    You keep missing the fact that we can't / aren't testing everyone that should and could be tested. There's 95 confirmed cases. How many more are unable to be tested? That's the key ingredient you are missing. You're trusting that we have the capability to test everyone that has it right now. We don't. We've admitted we don't. It will be at best two weeks before we can.
    Just curious, what good is all your panicking and worrying doing anybody? Take the steps you feel comfortable with to keep safe and chill out. Worry and panic accomplishes nothing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKotter View Post
    Just curious, what good is all your panicking and worrying doing anybody? Take the steps you feel comfortable with to keep safe and chill out. Worry and panic accomplishes nothing
    Why do you take his posts as panicking. He's stating facts concerning how vastly the testing has been screwed up and we don't have a true idea of how many people are infected.

vCash
    Why would that happen? This one is unique, and it doesn't involve that.
    You can never completely rule out something like that though, depending on how far panic spreads to other financial markets. Doesn’t matter if it makes sense or not, panics throw rationality out the window. What most people don’t realize is how totally effed up financial markets have been for the last twelve years, so it’s not impossible those markets could start to implode and spread panic everywhere. I don’t see that happening, but man, have you seen what’s happening to bank stock prices the last few days?
    There's someone in my head but its not me.

vCash
    More fear mongering from a panic person. Congrats.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Why do you take his posts as panicking. He's stating facts concerning how vastly the testing has been screwed up and we don't have a true idea of how many people are infected.
    You are obviously panicking. Every post you make on this screams it.