Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
On education I meant college/university education. As for letting "our worst" fall ... a lot of that is up to them. Grown folks gotta take some responsibility. Now you can make some argument to their environments growing up ... but we do help out a lot of folks with various subsistence programs. But I know quite a few others that take advantage of those just cause they don't wanna work.
Gotcha. It's not like what is happening with colleges now is that great. Something needs to be shaken up, otherwise the entire middle class will be in college debt just to get a job in 20 years. It's a rapidly growing issue and push is going to meet shove eventually.

As for the laziness of others, that's a fundamental difference of opinion. Believe me, I understand the sentiment. But I also think that we have evolved so much as a society that we should not need people working just for the sake of working. Automation is going to soon make many jobs obsolete and with that many low-income Americans will be out of a job. With an ever increasing population this will hit a point too imo and we as a society need to be prepared for it.