Page 197 of 274 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197198199207247 ... LastLast
Results 3,921 to 3,940 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

Banned
    vCash
    If we stop testing ... we won't have any more cases.

vCash
    If you are wondering why our numbers went from record positive cases to a quick decline:

2 weeks ago, we were testing an avg. of 4.7k tests per day with a 7% positive rate.... Now we are only testing 1.6k per day, but we have increased our positive rate to 20%, which is staggering and one of the highest in the country.

Summary: tater is fudging the numbers by making the requirements for a test stricter and/or harder to get. His bootlicking marching orders from the DC bunker are being carried out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert Stare View Post
    If you are wondering why our numbers went from record positive cases to a quick decline:

2 weeks ago, we were testing an avg. of 4.7k tests per day with a 7% positive rate.... Now we are only testing 1.6k per day, but we have increased our positive rate to 20%, which is staggering and one of the highest in the country.

Summary: tater is fudging the numbers by making the requirements for a test stricter and/or harder to get. His bootlicking marching orders from the DC bunker are being carried out.
    Last 5 Monday cumulative tests on that day:

June 15: 230,503
    June 8: 208,212
    June 1: 176,254
    May 25: 143,917
    May 18: 115,767

https://covidtracking.com/data/state/mississippi

Not sure where you get that 1,600/day at. While testing did drop, icu and vents are staying relatively flat. How do you explain that if there's a cover up of an outbreak?

ETA... the last week, we've tested 22,291. If there were a 20% positive rate, that would be 4,459 new cases this past week.
    Last edited by msstate7; 06-15-2020 at 08:35 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Last 5 Monday cumulative tests on that day:

June 15: 230,503
    June 8: 208,212
    June 1: 176,254
    May 25: 143,917
    May 18: 115,767

https://covidtracking.com/data/state/mississippi

Not sure where you get that 1,600/day at. While testing did drop, icu and vents are staying relatively flat. How do you explain that if there's a cover up of an outbreak?

ETA... the last week, we've tested 22,291. If there were a 20% positive rate, that would be 4,459 new cases this past week.
    Don't bring facts in.... we all know Bert got sources...

vCash
    Why is bert not banned? When he came here woth that BS Napier story he said to ban him if he was wrong. Hes obviously a troll

vCash
    Researchers say steroid is the first drug proven to improve COVID-19 survival rates

https://www.pix11.com/news/national/...survival-rates

vCash
    The US has very small numbers, soon will be zero and then one day will just disappear... like magic. Probably by April when it warms up. We're doing a great job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert Stare View Post

Where are you getting your numbers?

How do you explain the decline in deaths? I think it has more to do with the number of long term care facility outbreaks dropping from 127 to 85.

Is there a link to anyone saying they are being turned away while trying to get a test? PM me if anybody in central ms needs a test and can't get one.

vCash
    Researchers say steroid is the first drug proven to improve COVID-19 survival rates

https://www.pix11.com/news/national/...survival-rates
    Compared to standard treatment, dexamethasone seemed to reduce the chances of dying by a third for ventilator patients and by a fifth for patients on oxygen.

It still needs to survive peer review but it's a positive development. And the fact that it's cheap and widely available is also good news.
    Last edited by dparker; 06-16-2020 at 10:57 AM.

Banned
    vCash
    People might be onto the "attribute unrelated death to Covid" with the five different people suiciding by publicly hanging themselves in front of giant public buildings having the Cops saying they are suiciding because of corona. Wonder if they get added to the counter.

Sounds like we need more transparency into cause of death investigations instead of believing they were suicide by corona.

vCash
    Texas with 4413 cases today. Their previous high was 2437.

vCash
    You know this, but it's not going away... how many hospitalizations? It's just going to run its course...... some won't like that. But is what it is....id love to know the Asymptomatic positives though....

vCash
    Why does this say 2622 new cases today? Article I googled says same number.
    And I couldn't find much on daily deaths in Texas

https://txdshs.maps.arcgis.com/apps/...fe8b9640bcb4a7

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    You know this, but it's not going away... how many hospitalizations? It's just going to run its course...... some won't like that. But is what it is....id love to know the Asymptomatic positives though....
    The only thing I can find on hospitalizations is at covidtracking.com, 2,518 current. The site doesn't have previous hospitalizations though, so that number is pretty worthless.

And you're right, hospitalizations is the number to look it. I don't like big spikes in case numbers though bc I wanna have fans in the stands this fall, and I know big case numbers will spook the ncaa.

32 super dome renovation employees tested positive today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Why does this say 2622 new cases today? Article I googled says same number.
    And I couldn't find much on daily deaths in Texas

https://txdshs.maps.arcgis.com/apps/...fe8b9640bcb4a7
    Idk why the numbers are different. Here's where I got 4413...

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/texas/

vCash
    My test was negative. I’m disappointed. I had to go to work.
    Seriously though, my family and I have been traveling from central Mississippi to north Alabama several times over the past couple of months. Eating at restaurants. Interacting with people. Using public restrooms while traveling. Stopping at gas stations all over both states. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been to Lowes and Walmart. Spending money and potentially getting “exposed” to the rona. Nothing. We do wear masks and I carry sanitizer in my pocket so we are at least trying not to catch it but I just thought I would share how much I’ve been in public locations without contacting this thing.

vCash
    Still showing a dropping 7 day average despite a lot of positive cases today:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    My test was negative. I?m disappointed. I had to go to work.
    Seriously though, my family and I have been traveling from central Mississippi to north Alabama several times over the past couple of months. Eating at restaurants. Interacting with people. Using public restrooms while traveling. Stopping at gas stations all over both states. I can?t tell you how many times I?ve been to Lowes and Walmart. Spending money and potentially getting ?exposed? to the rona. Nothing. We do wear masks and I carry sanitizer in my pocket so we are at least trying not to catch it but I just thought I would share how much I?ve been in public locations without contacting this thing.
    The mask wearing is why https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN23G37V
    Population-wide face mask use could push COVID-19 transmission down to controllable levels for national epidemics, and could prevent further waves of the pandemic disease when combined with lockdowns, according to a British study on Wednesday.
    I cannot speak for all of Texas, but here is the best link for the Houston Metro for COVID info..

https://www.tmc.edu/coronavirus-updates/

1,272 new cases yesterday in the Houston Metro, 10% positive test rate, 10% of all hospital beds are Covid, 17% of ICU beds, Projected to exceed ICU capacity in under 2 weeks.

vCash
    why does Faucci keep talking about a 2nd wave when this 1st wave seems to be never-ending?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    why does Faucci keep talking about a 2nd wave when this 1st wave seems to be never-ending?
    I saw he mentioned October, but more bc COVID would coincide with flu season.