Page 209 of 274 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211219259 ... LastLast
Results 4,161 to 4,180 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Hospitals are allowing more patients now.
    Are hospitals close to capacity or no? That's the one thing Dobbs hasn't spoke on

vCash

https://twitter.com/alexberenson/sta...114089984?s=21

Same thing is happening in Mississippi. Not sure what to make of it, but interesting.

vCash
    Yea it's strange. I wish there was a way to know the age of new hospital cases. If they were mostly young, that would help explain it.

But as a whole since March, We've had 3208 hospital cases per MSDH website. 77% of those are over 50. I am curious whether that is trending more towards younger people being hospitalized or are is the rise in hospitalizations still mostly older people.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    There are some positives out there, Michigan had only 250 or so.
    Yesterday was the lowest US death total for a Wednesday since March 25th. Deaths continue to fall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Yesterday was the lowest US death total for a Wednesday since March 25th. Deaths continue to fall.
    Tuesday was the same way.

As unhealthy as MS is, we will probably deal with deaths longer than most. But nationally, yea deaths are way down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post

https://twitter.com/alexberenson/sta...114089984?s=21

Same thing is happening in Mississippi. Not sure what to make of it, but interesting.
    I've noticed that too. It's interesting. Possibly we are better at treating it and keeping people out of the ICU.

vCash
    I'm tending to fall more in line with the group of people who say it's mostly younger folks getting it who are more likely to be asymptomatic and have a mild case plus the summer heat weakens the virus a touch so it's milder.

So if that holds up the more people that get it now the better but I'd like to see overall numbers dropping soon because it's freaking people out which means they'll start locking stuff down very very soon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    I'm tending to fall more in line with the group of people who say it's mostly younger folks getting it who are more likely to be asymptomatic and have a mild case plus the summer heat weakens the virus a touch so it's milder.

So if that holds up the more people that get it now the better but I'd like to see overall numbers dropping soon because it's freaking people out which means they'll start locking stuff down very very soon.
    Let's put it like this, 98.2 percent of Mississippi HASN't tested positive. Are there more sure! Probably a whole lot more. But the point is, we are never going to know the number that had it and won't ever have a posit test. But the freak out is what is carrying this thing....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Let's put it like this, 98.2 percent of Mississippi HASN't tested positive. Are there more sure! Probably a whole lot more. But the point is, we are never going to know the number that had it and won't ever have a posit test. But the freak out is what is carrying this thing....
    Yep if you step back and take overview it's not hard to see.

vCash
    I guess the Texas Governor is freaking out because today he's mandated that masks be worn in counties with 20 or more Covid cases. Texas!!

I suppose he's listening to medical experts (within Texas of course) but not that well educated libtard Fauci and not the "in-the-know" ED posters like homedawg. I can't believe he's not elated at the numbers and know in his heart that herd immunity is right around the corner.

vCash
    I guess the Texas Governor is freaking out because today he's mandated that masks be worn in counties with 20 or more Covid cases. Texas!!

I suppose he's listening to medical experts (within Texas of course) but not that well educated libtard Fauci and not the "in-the-know" ED posters like homedawg. I can't believe he's not elated at the numbers and know in his heart that herd immunity is right around the corner.
    If they would stop testing, their ICUs wouldn't be at capacity. Everyone also knows the heat kills this thing, so if Texas would just wait a couple weeks - it'll probably be gone forever. If everyone would just follow Homedawg and quit freaking out, it will run its course, skip over the elderly since no masks are needed, and we can get back to chucking the pigskin this fall.

vCash

Again another one of you dipshits that cant read. Where did I say anything about not wearing masks?? Please find it for me. So full of it. You can interpret my post ever how you like. And you don't see there is freak out then I can't help you. More to the point, we are going to have to live through it. Or you can crawl in a damn hole. I don't care.

vCash

Speaking from experience, Homedawg is about the most "in-the-know" poster there is. Sorry he shit in your Cheerios or something

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Again another one of you dipshits that cant read. Where did I say anything about not wearing masks?? Please find it for me. So full of it. You can interpret my post ever how you like. And you don't see there is freak out then I can't help you. More to the point, we are going to have to live through it. Or you can crawl in a damn hole. I don't care.
    I know you wear masks. So do I. Wore it in Kroger today. Honestly almost everyone I know says just wear a mask. The one person I've seen say don't wear a mask the most is fauci. He said it for like 2 months straight I'm pretty sure

vCash
    I haven't checked the numbers, but hospital capacity is starting to get tight in the big cities in Texas. It's not dire yet, but it's certainly got the governor's attention.
    There's someone in my head but its not me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg2003 View Post
    I've noticed that too. It's interesting. Possibly we are better at treating it and keeping people out of the ICU.
    This is something "behind the scenes" from someone that works at a hospital in a former hot spot.

What we did where I work- and this a nationally known hospital- whenever we could with COVID patients instead of using a vent we treated them with really high flow oxygen. Basically we cranked the oxygen up as high as it could go. And it worked most of the time. If that failed then we went to a vent. The benefits to doing it this way are you obviously don't use a vent. The second is whereas the vent depending on what it's set on breaths or assists breathing for you versus oxygen where you are still breathing on your own.

And yes, we use the Trump drug and have had a lot of success with it.

I think my hospital and others who my guess is are doing the same thing aren't publicizing it because every time we do something the media criticizes and questions it. Fortunately, where I work we only care number one about people getting better and not who the President is. Everyone has lost complete sight of that. If something works and people get better because of it we should do it no matter who has a hand in it because I guarantee you someone somewhere is getting paid for it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    This is something "behind the scenes" from someone that works at a hospital in a former hot spot.

What we did where I work- and this a nationally known hospital- whenever we could with COVID patients instead of using a vent we treated them with really high flow oxygen. Basically we cranked the oxygen up as high as it could go. And it worked most of the time. If that failed then we went to a vent. The benefits to doing it this way are you obviously don't use a vent. The second is whereas the vent depending on what it's set on breaths or assists breathing for you versus oxygen where you are still breathing on your own.

I think my hospital and others who my guess is are doing the same thing aren't publicizing it because every time we do something the media criticizes and questions it. Fortunately, where I work we only care number one about people getting better and not who the President is. Everyone has lost complete sight of that. If something works and people get better because of it we should do it no matter who has a hand in it because I guarantee you someone somewhere is getting paid for it.
    Todd I can assure y'all aren't the only ones treating using these methods. I spent the last 2 weeks traveling all over Arkansas and Oklahoma seeing my accounts and the hospitals I see are using similar treatments but as you said they aren't publicizing it. By the way Oklahoma didn't shutdown like most states hardly any one is wearing a mask they only have a little over 14000 cases and 400 deaths. Go and figure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

Speaking of...

A Henry Ford Health System study shows the controversial anti-malaria drug hydroxychloroquine helps lower the death rate of COVID-19 patients, the Detroit-based health system said Thursday.

https://thenationalpulse.com/coronav...ks-says-study/

vCash

This is someone's estimate of actual daily cases, adjusted with test positivity. I believe the last few days would be around the 400K mark.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post

This is someone's estimate of actual daily cases, adjusted with test positivity. I believe the last few days would be around the 400K mark.
    Let's assume this is correct... how many total cases so far?