Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
I'm not "affiliated" with either party either, but I was just pointing out that he essentially cut integral positions for a pandemic of this nature.

This whole thing has gone from saving lives to being very political. I know the OP wanted to keep politics out of the discussion, but you can't. When governors and mayors start reducing our liberties as citizens under the guise of health - it's scary. You have people who have worked their lives building a business, only to have it decimated because politicians won't allow citizens to make their own individual decisions regarding taking the proper precautions to stay safe.

Blue states/cities want this to extend as long as possible, while red states/cities are taking their cues from a sociopath.

No win situation for the average Joe.
Probably wouldn't argue Trump is a sociopath and has a lack of conscience about some things. And he's very narcissistic too. Not a huge fan of his myself, but do believe he's done some good things as POTUS. And if you wanna talk sociopath, the alternative to Trump was really scary. And the future opponent is a senile, clueless old man. Just imagine where we'd be with him as POTUS.

But as sociopathic as Trump can be, I do believe he actually cares and actually does not wanna take our freedoms away and probably moreso than any President since Reagan IMO. And I'm not a Reagan idolater either. Trump, or any POTUS at the current time, is in an extremely difficult position and there are no good choices. And advisors are changing their views and moving goalposts every day. And not everyone's interests are what's best for the people and the country. And I believe Trump is trying to keep those 2 things in mind and achieve a balance there ... believe it or not.

But some folks don't care about the country, they just hate Trump, or they hard core Dems or Republicans regardless of what's good for the country. And the one's who hate Trump probably ain't too unhappy with how thing's are going now, cause it gives them a better chance in Nov. And that's what really matters to them the most.