Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
The death rate that is relevant is death rate of people affected. Italy is now over 10% death rate for those tested positive. Most experts predicted that as their hospitals were overwhelmed. Spain's death rate is around 6%.

Our death rate is around 1.5% which is good, but we have not hit the cross over point where the lack of health care affects the death rate except in places like in New York where people are not getting the care you need to survive.

Look - hopefully we are all doing part and the numbers simply flatten out so that we can keep that death rate, but without a cure and how easy this spreads and the number of people still not staying home and doing their part - if the growth rate continues at 23-28% which where it has been for a while - then this keeps doubling every 3 days. Lets hope it really flattens out over the next week, but so far every model showing this virus spreading and doubling has been for the most part too damn accurate.

I mean we are at 81,000+ cases. We had 200+ twenty days ago. At some point people may have to utter those three little words on a sports message board that no one wants to type.

I was wrong.
This is where I disagree with you... I think we are much higher than the reported cases, which makes the death rate plummet. The vast majority of cases aren't being documented bc they aren't serious imo