Page 204 of 274 FirstFirst ... 104154194202203204205206214254 ... LastLast
Results 4,061 to 4,080 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    This is directly from article...

"Most symptoms appear to eventually go away, said Dr. Thomas McGinn of the Feinstein Institutes for Medical Research in New York, who was involved in one of the largest U.S. studies of COVID-19 patients.

?It?s just a matter of when. For some patients it may take longer than others,? McGinn said.

He seems pretty certain. Is he right? I have no idea.
    If he is CERTAIN then by all means hang your hat on it. It's only 3/4 months in to a totally new highly infectious disease. He obviously has it all figured out. What was his name again so I can start raising money to build a monument to him in his home town. I think it might be a bit premature in DC. HOOPFULLY it isn't.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    If he is CERTAIN then by all means hang your hat on it. It's only 3/4 months in to a totally new highly infectious disease. He obviously has it all figured out. What was his name again so I can start raising money to build a monument to him in his home town. I think it might be a bit premature in DC. HOOPFULLY it isn't.
    You need to break out the screwdriver and tighten the hinges.

vCash
    You know Florida is the place that fired the person updating those numbers because they wouldn't fudge them, right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dparker View Post
    You know Florida is the place that fired the person updating those numbers because they wouldn't fudge them, right?
    Yea, probably not? It's kind of hard to tell who is full of shit these days since pretty much every news outlet is willing to set torch to their credibility for a few extra clicks. I'm making my guess against the person with the arrest record, although that's not a great way to decide.

https://tallahasseereports.com/2020/...-its-all-fake/

https://cbs12.com/news/local/covid-1...-desantis-says

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dparker View Post
    Lolz! Exactly.

vCash
    I never thought I'd be typing this, but listening to Pence's press conference is a breath of fresh air. Relatively speaking.

Senior Member Prediction? Pain.'s Avatar
    vCash
    My county in Tennessee -- Hamilton County, where Chattanooga is located -- reports those figures daily, too. Florida's curve appears to skew a little older than my county's. For instance, the chart in the dude's tweet shows that 18% of cases in Florida are in people older than 65. In Hamilton County, cases among people 61 and older account for only 8% of the total cases. Likewise, while 36% of Florida's deaths are in those 85 or older, only 10% of Hamilton County deaths are in people 81 or older. Granted, the elderly are still the ones at the highest risk of death here, but it's not the oldest bracket that's been disproportionately hit -- the biggest brackets here are 61 - 70 and 71 - 80. They combine for 55% of our deaths. Every other age bracket accounts for 10% or less.

Also, it's impressive that there haven't been any child deaths from COVID in the entire state of Florida. In Chattanooga alone, two kids under the age of 10 have died from COVID.

This may be neither here nor there, but I just went to read a little more about hospitalizations in Florida and it looks like the governor recently decided to alter the way hospitalization data is calculated for COVID cases.

vCash
    Florida with 8942 cases reported today and 137 deaths. Previous highs were 5508 cases, 83 deaths.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prediction? Pain. View Post
    My county in Tennessee -- Hamilton County, where Chattanooga is located -- reports those figures daily, too. Florida's curve appears to skew a little older than my county's. For instance, the chart in the dude's tweet shows that 18% of cases in Florida are in people older than 65. In Hamilton County, cases among people 61 and older account for only 8% of the total cases. Likewise, while 36% of Florida's deaths are in those 85 or older, only 10% of Hamilton County deaths are in people 81 or older. Granted, the elderly are still the ones at the highest risk of death here, but it's not the oldest bracket that's been disproportionately hit -- the biggest brackets here are 61 - 70 and 71 - 80. They combine for 55% of our deaths. Every other age bracket accounts for 10% or less.

Also, it's impressive that there haven't been any child deaths from COVID in the entire state of Florida. In Chattanooga alone, two kids under the age of 10 have died from COVID.

This may be neither here nor there, but I just went to read a little more about hospitalizations in Florida and it looks like the governor recently decided to alter the way hospitalization data is calculated for COVID cases.
    Mississippi has no deaths under 18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    Florida with 8942 cases reported today and 137 deaths. Previous highs were 5508 cases, 83 deaths.
    Worldometers has your case number but 39 deaths

vCash
    39 is the number the state reported. Not sure where he got his number.

vCash
    Yeah, I dunno, I saw it here: https://nypost.com/2020/06/26/florid...th-8942-cases/

Deaths in the peninsula are also skyrocketing with 137 new deaths reported Friday, the Department of Health announced, bringing the statewide death toll “north of 3,400,” the Herald reported.

The number of deceased patients nearly tripled overnight. On Thursday, just 46 deaths were reported.

vCash

vCash
    That's weird. Here's state's report. It matches worldometers data

https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/

vCash
    That's weird. Here's state's report. It matches worldometers data

https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/
    Whats weird about it? The media lies.

Banned
    vCash
    Wouldn't doubt that the actual case count is significantly higher since we've openly admitted to suppressing testing and are actively stopping federal testing while Texas and Florida close up again due to outbreaks. Somehow we've reached the point where people simultaneously say "it wasn't that bad what were we wearing masks for" and "see wearing masks does nothing because it's still rising."

The truth is our leadership failed the American people and have blood all over their hands. This shit just keeps climbing higher and higher and higher. It's sad as hell and could have largely been mitigated. If you have friends and family in Houston, pray for em. If not, pray for those of us who do. We really ****ed this up to where all we can do is send thoughts, prayers, and whine about wearing masks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    Wouldn't doubt that the actual case count is significantly higher since we've openly admitted to suppressing testing and are actively stopping federal testing while Texas and Florida close up again due to outbreaks. Somehow we've reached the point where people simultaneously say "it wasn't that bad what were we wearing masks for" and "see wearing masks does nothing because it's still rising."

The truth is our leadership failed the American people and have blood all over their hands. This shit just keeps climbing higher and higher and higher. It's sad as hell and could have largely been mitigated. If you have friends and family in Houston, pray for em. If not, pray for those of us who do. We really ****ed this up to where all we can do is send thoughts, prayers, and whine about wearing masks.
    Good to see you back from the banned list.

While you're further out there on some issues than I am, I will give you credit for questioning the PPP loan situation and we are now seeing where there was absolutely no oversight on managing those loan amounts.

Fauci himself came out a few weeks ago and said that initially they said not to wear masks because they were fearful of the supply available. It wasn't until they felt like they had an adequate supply did they reverse course and inform everyone to begin wearing masks. What you're seeing now is a continued delegation of responsibilities so that they can absolve themselves of the consequences. The Cornoa Task Force was suspended, even though we now have more cases than we've ever had, and the ball sent to the states. The Governors have taken the ball and then punted to the local politicians. Not sure where the locals are to kick it to, but it seems like they've decided to simply say it is "personal responsibility".

I, personally, think that it should be up to the general public as long as health organizations are not being over taxed. The reason people are over this whole thing is because we tried to paint the situation with too broad of a brush in the beginning when it should have been localized to monitor the spread.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    Good to see you back from the banned list.

While you're further out there on some issues than I am, I will give you credit for questioning the PPP loan situation and we are now seeing where there was absolutely no oversight on managing those loan amounts.

Fauci himself came out a few weeks ago and said that initially they said not to wear masks because they were fearful of the supply available. It wasn't until they felt like they had an adequate supply did they reverse course and inform everyone to begin wearing masks. What you're seeing now is a continued delegation of responsibilities so that they can absolve themselves of the consequences. The Cornoa Task Force was suspended, even though we now have more cases than we've ever had, and the ball sent to the states. The Governors have taken the ball and then punted to the local politicians. Not sure where the locals are to kick it to, but it seems like they've decided to simply say it is "personal responsibility".

I, personally, think that it should be up to the general public as long as health organizations are not being over taxed. The reason people are over this whole thing is because we tried to paint the situation with too broad of a brush in the beginning when it should have been localized to monitor the spread.
    Thanks. I took my time off to gain some perspective of the other side. Haven't turned CNN on in a week. Only Fox News for me. Watched that rally. Good stuff. If you like netflix stand-up. Embarrassing that that's our president. The glass of water routine was pure comedy. But I don't want Bill Burr to be my president.

The money stuff was easy to see from a mile away. That's been his MO and honestly has been how politicians line their pockets just with gentlemen's agreement to not do it that blatantly. Also cut everybody in and not just his cronies.

As for your last point. I wonder if we hadn't disbanded the pandemic task force that Obama had left behind that they would have recommended that. We'll never know but just something to think about.

It's insane to me this guy was supposed to bring in the best and deferred blame on everyone he hired or kept as if it's not his fault they aren't the best. The only campaign promise he kept was that we'd get sick of winning. He just misspoke. Meant to say we'd be winning at being sick.

Wear a mask. It protects others and not you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    WEAR YOUR DAMN MASK. We have ALWAYS worn ours to protect YOU. The first time it is suggested for you to wear one to protect us....you totally ingrate bastards refuse. I'm specifically referring to YOU, Homedawg. That being said, we will treat you even if you are the absolute imbecile you appear to be, that is our job. SHOW US THE SAME RESPECT WE SHOW YOU.
    Post a link to your tik tok video dancing in PPE