Page 201 of 274 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203211251 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,020 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    That's very concerning. Here's the article...

https://www.wlox.com/2020/06/23/dr-d...outputType=amp

If this doesn't happen, I'm all on board for replacing him. The fall is still 3 months away, so not sure how he can predict that with certainty.
    Transcript of the interview with Dr. Dobbs

https://m.jacksonfreepress.com/news/...erwhelmed-hos/

vCash
    We are so unhealthy that we will prob continue to see deaths for a while longer. But deaths are down 90% nationwide since late April for two consecutive days. So that's promising.

vCash
    The first post on this thread was on 3/11 when we had our first case in MS. Now 105 days later we are at 22,898 known cases and almost 1,000 deaths. Sadly, after dropping for several days, we're starting to see a spike in new cases and deaths again. Good news is mortality rate has been dropping. Not too long ago in MS it was almost 5% and as of yesterday it was around 4.3%. I guess have to see if this latest spike reverses that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    The first post on this thread was on 3/11 when we had our first case in MS. Now 105 days later we are at 22,898 known cases and almost 1,000 deaths. Sadly, after dropping for several days, we're starting to see a spike in new cases and deaths again. Good news is mortality rate has been dropping. Not too long ago in MS it was almost 5% and as of yesterday it was around 4.3%. I guess have to see if this latest spike reverses that.
    I suspect you'll see the latest spike drive the mortality rate down, assuming we are like other states where the spike is driven by younger people getting it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    Transcript of the interview with Dr. Dobbs

https://m.jacksonfreepress.com/news/...erwhelmed-hos/
    Shit, looks like we are all going to die again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Shit, looks like we are all going to die again.
    I’m sick and tired of dying.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    I’m sick and tired of dying.
    I'm the opposite. Everytime we all die, it seems to get a little easier. Except when ending net neutrality literally killed us all. I didn't even know that had happened until after the fact.

vCash
    The numbers today were not good either. We may not have to wait for fall for Dobbs' prediction.

vCash
    around +50 net hospitalizations since yesterday

ICU about the same, but we can't really tell because they're not putting suspected ICU patients on the graph for whatever reason

vCash
    As of this afternoon, The 9 county Houston Metro Region is out of ICU beds.

Last night Texas Children's Hospital, began accepting adults in the ICU.

Only 2,300 new cases yesterday...

The cases i'm aware of personally were from High School Graduation parties that brought it home to the parents/Grandparents. Kids, Parents and Grandparents all sick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post
    As of this afternoon, The 9 county Houston Metro Region is out of ICU beds.

Last night Texas Children's Hospital, began accepting adults in the ICU.

Only 2,300 new cases yesterday...

The cases i'm aware of personally were from High School Graduation parties that brought it home to the parents/Grandparents. Kids, Parents and Grandparents all sick.
    2300 cases in Houston?

vCash
    2300 cases in Houston?
    I saw 1300 in Harris county. He is talking about the metro so that's probably correct.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    I saw 1300 in Harris county. He is talking about the metro so that's probably correct.
    Gotcha. Thanks

vCash
    One thing is obvious. The warm weather didn't have the desired effects they had hoped for. It seems it's rather enjoying our hot summer days.

vCash
    One thing is obvious. The warm weather didn't have the desired effects they had hoped for. It seems it's rather enjoying our hot summer days.
    Yep. Experts saying AC is one of the leading contributors

vCash
    For the love of goodness can people figure out what the Pga tour commissioner has figured out... it's here with us. We are going to have to learnt to live with it, it's not going anywhere anytime soon! With all this MS has a less than a confirmed 1% infection rate of the entire state. 17k+ Of 22k+ are no longer infected. Half of the deaths are in LTC units. Let those numbers run through you head and tell me what's the proper response?? And sitting at home isn't the right one.

vCash
    Yep. Experts saying AC is one of the leading contributors
    5 months ago the same peeps said couldnt get it person to person. Then it went, not from surface to surface. Then hard to get surface to surface. In the same span, masks didn't matter, then they do, and then not so much, but keep wearing them.... but Liverpool has been consistent, you protect him, Bc he has a job that's important and you don't need to give it to him....

vCash
    Still not sure this is true based on how quickly it spread early on. I think we've more or less abandoned social distancing and we're still for the most part spreading slowly. And I still think that's probably a good thing, sa we don't want to get into cold and flu season with a still more or less unexposed population.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    For the love of goodness can people figure out what the Pga tour commissioner has figured out... it's here with us. We are going to have to learnt to live with it, it's not going anywhere anytime soon! With all this MS has a less than a confirmed 1% infection rate of the entire state. 17k+ Of 22k+ are no longer infected. Half of the deaths are in LTC units. Let those numbers run through you head and tell me what's the proper response?? And sitting at home isn't the right one.
    Golf is outside and naturally socially distanced. Most people had golf as THE sport that could come back if any could.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    5 months ago the same peeps said couldnt get it person to person. Then it went, not from surface to surface. Then hard to get surface to surface. In the same span, masks didn't matter, then they do, and then not so much, but keep wearing them.... but Liverpool has been consistent, you protect him, Bc he has a job that's important and you don't need to give it to him....
    The reason I don't want to get it is I don't want to spread it. You could care less about that obviously. Information changes and the initial info was ALL from China. You are doing EXACTLY what the Chinese want. Keep doing your best to spread it. I wouldn't have come after you if you had not come after me.
    Last edited by Liverpooldawg; 06-25-2020 at 10:50 AM.