Page 198 of 274 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200208248 ... LastLast
Results 3,941 to 3,960 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post
    The mask wearing is why https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN23G37V

I cannot speak for all of Texas, but here is the best link for the Houston Metro for COVID info..

https://www.tmc.edu/coronavirus-updates/

1,272 new cases yesterday in the Houston Metro, 10% positive test rate, 10% of all hospital beds are Covid, 17% of ICU beds, Projected to exceed ICU capacity in under 2 weeks.
    I don't know the actual numbers but I did see Texas set a record for COVID hospital cases yesterday. Mask wearing is THE key till we get a vaccine. That is becoming more and more apparent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    I don't know the actual numbers but I did see Texas set a record for COVID hospital cases yesterday. Mask wearing is THE key till we get a vaccine. That is becoming more and more apparent.
    My nearest 2 hospitals were on divert Sunday and Monday due to the rush of cases...

I agree.

It's unfortunate mask wearing became political....

vCash
    My nearest 2 hospitals were on divert Sunday and Monday due to the rush of cases...

I agree.

It's unfortunate mask wearing became political....
    I just saw their hospital cases went up 11% today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    why does Faucci keep talking about a 2nd wave when this 1st wave seems to be never-ending?
    Because the message from the Administration is that we have defeated the silent enemy. Faucci is basically saying its going to get worse then it is now when we hit Fall.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    why does Faucci keep talking about a 2nd wave when this 1st wave seems to be never-ending?
    Because it's reasonably likely that we are seeing fewer cases than we otherwise would because it's summer, and as we enter flu and cold season where weather and/or behavior is more conducive to the spread of respiratory viruses, we could see a wave if there is still a large population susceptible to infection (which there presumably will be based on the current rate, unless we find out that a lot of people have cross immunity from other corona viruses).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Because it's reasonably likely that we are seeing fewer cases than we otherwise would because it's summer, and as we enter flu and cold season where weather and/or behavior is more conducive to the spread of respiratory viruses, we could see a wave if there is still a large population susceptible to infection (which there presumably will be based on the current rate, unless we find out that a lot of people have cross immunity from other corona viruses).
    Historically, other Coronavirus strains are seasonal.

Which is bad news that we are seeing the increase in cases NOW. If that is true, December to February will be very, very bad....

If only there was some inexpensive, can be made at home device that slowed the person to person transmission to a very low rate....***

vCash
    Historically, other Coronavirus strains are seasonal.

Which is bad news that we are seeing the increase in cases NOW. If that is true, December to February will be very, very bad....

If only there was some inexpensive, can be made at home device that slowed the person to person transmission to a very low rate....***
    This one has really shown no sign of being seasonal. There was maybe some sign early on but I think that is beginning to look suspect. Now there is no doubt it will be worse when people start congregating inside again in large numbers. That will just be a function of proximity. The hard truth is probably not what most think now. Most seem to think since things are opening back up this is nearly over. The reality is we are probability just getting started.

vCash
    Remember the A and O type blood discussion...

https://www.pix11.com/news/national/...ay-help-a-hurt

vCash
    This one has really shown no sign of being seasonal. There was maybe some sign early on but I think that is beginning to look suspect. Now there is no doubt it will be worse when people start congregating inside again in large numbers. That will just be a function of proximity. The hard truth is probably not what most think now. Most seem to think since things are opening back up this is nearly over. The reality is we are probability just getting started.
    I would think this coronavirus looks seasonal also. We seem to have more or less leveled off nationwide even after mostly opening up and having pretty large demonstrations with people packed pretty close together although granted outside. Unless there are a lot of people with immunity that we don't know about, it seems likely that the number of new infections holding steady is probably at least in part due to seasonality. https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...-us-cases.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Remember the A and O type blood discussion...

https://www.pix11.com/news/national/...ay-help-a-hurt
    Not a doctor but I read somewhere that a lot of what causes the disease to become critical in someone was severe blood clotting and organ damage from that. If that is the case, that might explain why type O is better blood type to have, since they're free bleeders. Hemophiliacs are mostly if not entirely type O. I'm type O and it takes me about 5 to 10 mins to give blood. Just pours out of me.

BTW ... I had antibody test and came back negative. But then health professionals at hospitals where I live (and I kinda trust them) say the antibody tests so far are pretty unreliable. I have kinda felt that way about the regular tests too ... since percentage of positives vs total tests is so low.

Don't know what I had in Feb but it shore had almost identical symptoms to Covid.
    Last edited by dawgday166; 06-18-2020 at 09:01 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Not a doctor but I read somewhere that a lot of what causes the disease to become critical in someone was severe blood clotting and organ damage from that. If that is the case, that might explain why type O is better blood type to have, since they're free bleeders. Hemophiliacs are mostly if not entirely type O. I'm type O and it takes me about 5 to 10 mins to give blood. Just pours out of me.

BTW ... I had antibody test and came back negative. But then health professionals at hospitals where I live (and I kinda trust them) say the antibody tests so far are pretty unreliable. I have kinda felt that way about the regular tests too ... since percentage of positives vs total tests is so low.

Don't know what I had in Feb but it shore had almost identical symptoms to Covid.
    Same here, I just had the antibody test and it also came back negative. I had most all of the typical symptoms, 3-week headache, dry cough, intense muscle aches, shortness of breath, severe tiredness and low grade fever. It took me 45 days to fully recover.

vCash
    I would think this coronavirus looks seasonal also. We seem to have more or less leveled off nationwide even after mostly opening up and having pretty large demonstrations with people packed pretty close together although granted outside. Unless there are a lot of people with immunity that we don't know about, it seems likely that the number of new infections holding steady is probably at least in part due to seasonality. https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...-us-cases.html
    If it were seasonal you wouldn't be seeing the big spikes we are now seeing in sunbelt states. We have several states that are about to lose control of it.

vCash
    If it were seasonal you wouldn't be seeing the big spikes we are now seeing in sunbelt states. We have several states that are about to lose control of it.
    I don't think a novel virus taking hold in the summer means it's not seasonal. It's effective reproductive number could still be lower in the summer and just have a good number of cases simply because the susceptible population is practically everybody.

vCash
    I don't think a novel virus taking hold in the summer means it's not seasonal. It's effective reproductive number could still be lower in the summer and just have a good number of cases simply because the susceptible population is practically everybody.
    It probably will eventually become seasonal, but it's not right now.

vCash
    13 longhorns test positive

https://www.chron.com/sports/amp/13-...9-15351699.php

These kids will be fine, so I'm certainly not freaking out over this. I do think stories like this are really starting to put CFB this fall in jeopardy. States of Texas, Florida, Alabama, California, Arizona, and NC are experiencing large case numbers right now. We need this to calm down significantly imo if we wanna see football

vCash

These kids will be fine, so I'm certainly not freaking out over this. I do think stories like this are really starting to put CFB this fall in jeopardy. States of Texas, Florida, Alabama, California, Arizona, and NC are experiencing large case numbers right now. We need this to calm down significantly imo if we wanna see football
    I'm getting worried too. I don't see the purpose in testing asymptomatic players. I really don't. The high schools in MS are taking temps when they get to the field. As long as they don't have a fever or any symptoms, they practice. You know several of them have the virus.

vCash

Not too concerned about in shape young athletes cause I think it'd be a fluke for them to develop severe symptoms most likely. But I am concerned about Leach and his staff, especially Leach. Knock on wood but I wanna keep him for a while.

I agree with you tho, I think CFB might be in jeopardy too.

vCash
    Brazil with over 50k cases today. That's more than we've had in 1 day. According to worldometers, they've had 1.039 million cases and given only 2.334 million tests. Wow, we have 2.297 million cases, but given 27.333 million tests.

vCash
    So, who to believe? The State of Mississippi or the CDC? Per the CDC as of June 19th, Mississippi has had 787 Covid-19 deaths. Per the MSDH website, Mississippi has had 938 Covid-19 deaths 3 days earlier on June 16th.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    So, who to believe? The State of Mississippi or the CDC? Per the CDC as of June 19th, Mississippi has had 787 Covid-19 deaths. Per the MSDH website, Mississippi has had 938 Covid-19 deaths 3 days earlier on June 16th.
    ONE more time: the CDC stuff is always delayed. They wait till they have confirming paperwork to list anything.