Page 196 of 274 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197198206246 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,920 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Not like you could enforce a border now or a mandatory quarantine with police defunded and dissolved. Guess you could let some social workers and psychologists work those details....
    Rep given!

vCash
    Not sure if it's just sucky reporting or what, but our numbers have been really low this weekend. Good stuff

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Not sure if it's just sucky reporting or what, but our numbers have been really low this weekend. Good stuff
    They have been.

Unfortunately, I knew personally one of the deaths. He was a Choctaw Indian late 30s/early 40s. Pretty sobering to hear he died of covid19. Not sure if he had any underlying conditions, but he appeared in good health... worked out regularly in gym and maintained a healthy weight. Sad what's happening to the Choctaw Indian tribe here.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    They have been.

Unfortunately, I knew personally one of the deaths. He was a Choctaw Indian late 30s/early 40s. Pretty sobering to hear he died of covid19. Not sure if he had any underlying conditions, but he appeared in good health... worked out regularly in gym and maintained a healthy weight. Sad what's happening to the Choctaw Indian tribe here.
    Having someone you know personally (in my case now multiple and a hometown church is closed because of it) is very worrying hearing something like this. Really really really don't want to have to bury my cousin because of this stupid disease and our incompetence of initially containing / preventing spread.

vCash
    ICU and vents have remained relatively flat from May 24th to June 13th in Mississippi. Our hospitalization rate has gone down from 16.1% a couple weeks ago to 15.5% as of yesterday.

vCash
    ICU and vents have remained relatively flat from May 24th to June 13th in Mississippi. Our hospitalization rate has gone down from 16.1% a couple weeks ago to 15.5% as of yesterday.
    Well that's good. That's with everything back open too.

vCash
    Waiting to go in and get my Covid test right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Waiting to go in and get my Covid test right now.
    Good luck. I had mine about a month. Came back negative, but it's because I ended up having something else. Getting the test done is a horrible experience. The second swab brought tears to my eyes. I felt like if I opened my mouth, the nurse would see the swab in my throat.
    All Aboard and Soft Landings!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iPat09 View Post
    Good luck. I had mine about a month. Came back negative, but it's because I ended up having something else. Getting the test done is a horrible experience. The second swab brought tears to my eyes. I felt like if I opened my mouth, the nurse would see the swab in my throat.
    Oh man that sucked!!! Horrible experience.

vCash
    why did you get tested?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    why did you get tested?
    Work. It’s a requirement now. I work offshore for one of the majors. Gotta get tested before every flight now.

vCash
    I think they can take your blood and test you that way now. Prob would have to pay $50 but might be worth it

vCash
    Our seven day average of new cases has dropped a good bit over the last few days. Could just be noise, but presumably some of the recent growth was due to more testing, in particular at LTC facilities, plus some upward pressure from memorial day so we may see a decent drop now.

Still not sure if we want it to drop too much as it seems like we aren't putting a lot of pressure on most healthcare facilities, and I guess we still will be better off if more rather than fewer people have had it come cold and flu season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    .......presumably some of the recent growth was due to more testing.....
    Not just more testing but I believe I saw on 6pack where someone had an antibody test that came back positive and was told that was getting reported by the state as a positive test too. So, not even all of the increase is from active cases.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    Not just more testing but I believe I saw on 6pack where someone had an antibody test that came back positive and was told that was getting reported by the state as a positive test too. So, not even all of the increase is from active cases.
    technically he was positive at one time. So I don't have a problem with that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    technically he was positive at one time. So I don't have a problem with that.
    I don't like it reported on daily new cases. Add it to total cases, recovered.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    I think they can take your blood and test you that way now. Prob would have to pay $50 but might be worth it
    We don’t have options. We are sent to one clinic

vCash
    I don't like it reported on daily new cases. Add it to total cases, recovered.
    That would be good too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    That is correct (or at least was) and Dobbs commented on it. Said that something like 3% of tests were antibody tests so they weren't moving the numbers and that he would look at whether they should keep doing that.

Seems obvious they should be broken out, but not sure how much they're moving the numbers if they are having similarly low positive test rates.

vCash
    Looks like the 2-day death total of yesterday and today will be the lowest since March 25-26