Quote Originally Posted by dawgs View Post
But the thing is it's not a false narrative (even Fauci has said he wishes the team was in place), he learned, he put a team in place, he left that for every successive president, I'm sure trump was briefed on pandemic responses in the transition just like happens with every transition, and he decided it wasn't a real threat and worth the $$, so he cut it because somehow we've been at a point where "no government spending and tax cuts" constitutes a valid political position and receives praise. It shows no critical thinking at all because folks just wanna cut shit without knowing what that actually entails. I hope this ordeal wakes people up that parrot those lines as their politics.

The CDC handles studying and researching the virus itself, treatments and vaccines, not the logistics of ramping up emergency testing, emergency hospitals, supply chains for basic healthcare needs like masks and gloves, etc. we are doing it on the fly now and with a hodgepodge of plans of various effectiveness in different states that's going to be a problem in the short term (long term when things are stabilized, more localized plans make sense, but we are months from that). Fema handles natural disasters. The logistics handling a hurricane or earthquake aftermath ain't like handling a pandemic. So kindly stop peddling you "false narrative" false narrative about there being no loss of capabilities by cutting the team in charge of planning for and ensuring our capabilities. Of course they wouldn't have "prevented" anything. They would probably make some mistakes too, but it's better than what we have now where all we've done is make mistakes.
He did the same thing as the two presidents before him, which was move it from having the head of it as a directorate role to having the head of the pandemic response team report to a directorate. It doesn't really matter as long as the people running it are competent. I do suspect the last three presidents will be the last three to remove it as a directorate role for a long time.