Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Prediction? Pain.'s Avatar
    vCash
    My county's health department issued an order that requires masks starting July 10. It is effective till early September. Here's the order if you're interested (though it reads like a legal proclamation, which makes it a bit of a chore to sift through):

http://health.hamiltontn.org/AllServ...9)/Orders.aspx

This comes as a large group of Tennessee's critical care physicians are pushing Governor Lee to issue a statewide mask directive. Here's a video that the group put out:

https://www.facebook.com/20406135672...65492024742150

It's half an hour but is honestly a fairly informative watch. The first 15 minutes or so includes talks from critical care pulmonologists from east, middle, and west Tennessee. (Sidebar: Tennessee's government officially recognizes three "grand divisions" of the state. East -- everything from Chattanooga east -- West -- Memphis to a little past Jackson -- and Middle -- a rough square with Nashville in the center.) The Chattanooga pulmonologist's spiel was particularly interesting, at least to me. (Full disclosure: My father is a physician in Chattanooga and sent me the video. He's worked at the hospital where the Chattanooga pulmonologist practices but is not one of the docs on the call.)

How about where y'all are? Any of your counties/cities/states under mask orders right now?
    Last edited by Prediction? Pain.; 07-07-2020 at 12:20 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prediction? Pain. View Post

How about where y'all are? Any of your counties/cities/states under mask orders right now?
    Texas is now under a mandatory mask order for counties with more than 20 Covid cases. Most people in my zip code (DFW) were wearing one anyway. Hard to say what the rest of the state was doing. Probably depends on how dense the population is.
    There's someone in my head but its not me.