Page 173 of 274 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183223273 ... LastLast
Results 3,441 to 3,460 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post
    So, if you are positive, all of those people have to be tested....

This is not that complicated....

And again, the assumption is you don't go around exposing people if you think you have it.

The assumption is, people will not act like assholes going around spreading the virus, if they think they have the virus and need to be tested.

I see some on here that would spread it on purpose...
    Bullshit ... it's very complicated. The idea of the matter is simple, but the reality and practicality is complex.

vCash
    Let's talk about GA and FL. You states that a lot of liberals here were saying it's going to be a death trap. Cases down deaths down. GA been open for 17 days.

When are some people going to realize that we overacted as a country. Seems to me that some people want to be controlled by government. Your fathers and your grandfathers didn't fight for our freedoms only for some of these liberal people to just give up your freedom electively.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    Let's talk about GA and FL. You states that a lot of liberals here were saying it's going to be a death trap. Cases down deaths down. GA been open for 17 days.

When are some people going to realize that we overacted as a country. Seems to me that some people want to be controlled by government. Your fathers and your grandfathers didn't fight for our freedoms only for some of these liberal people to just give up your freedom electively.
    The virus is real. The overreaction is largely propagated by the media and certain elected officials and lobbyist that want to see a change in who is President in November. Create mass hysteria, create massive economic issues, drive up unemployment, etc. etc. It's all a dog and pony show. Throw in approval to vote by mail and you have yourself an election.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    The virus is real. The overreaction is largely propagated by the media and certain elected officials and lobbyist that want to see a change in who is President in November. Create mass hysteria, create massive economic issues, drive up unemployment, etc. etc. It's all a dog and pony show. Throw in approval to vote by mail and you have yourself an election.
    My apologies for coming off as the virus not being real it is. My point is much like yours. This reaction was in part because it's the only way the left thought they had against the current president. Today's news didn't really help matters.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    And I can guarantee you we won't have a vaccine until after November 3. I wouldn't be surprised if it magically happens shortly after that though.

vCash
    My apologies for coming off as the virus not being real it is. My point is much like yours. This reaction was in part because it's the only way the left thought they had against the current president. Today's news didn't really help matters.
    Today's news?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    I certainly would not spread it on purpose.

But it won't work. Practically, this is how it works. I start feeling symptoms and stop being around people right then and go get tested. By that time, I've been shedding virus for 5 days and have been around 100+ people. There are not enough hours in the day for someone to contact those 100 people and the 100 people each of them have been around the last five days. Like literally, you could make calls 24/7 and not have enough time to do that. Contact tracing won't work with this.
    Except we know it does.

Even in places more densely populated.

It worked in Hong Kong and South Korea.

And you have to spend more than 5 minutes with each person( or close to them) to be a contact. That 8 hours of close talking to 100 different people.

You guys act like it's impossible. But it is done.

The White House is doing it.

vCash

Georgia had it's highest day of reported cases (931) on April 27. Just 2 days outside the "Uncertainty window". Might want to wait and see before you celebrate.

Seems that some want to be assholes.

But no denying Trump ****ed and is ****ing this up.

vCash
    Georgia had it's highest day of reported cases (931) on April 27. Just 2 days outside the "Uncertainty window". Might want to wait and see before you celebrate.

So Fauci was still saying around mid to end of January we didn't have to be concerned with Covid. Trump was listening to his advisors seems like to me. And who among the leadership in Washington was saying anything otherwise at that time. I'm listening??? Not one of the dems were.

As far as now, what do you think Trump should do that he's not doing? Martial law and lock us down??

vCash

Stands to reason as we open up and test more people the number of positive cases are going to go up. It has to run it's course.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    So Fauci was still saying around mid to end of January we didn't have to be concerned with Covid. Trump was listening to his advisors seems like to me. And who among the leadership in Washington was saying anything otherwise at that time. I'm listening??? Not one of the dems were.

As far as now, what do you think Trump should do that he's not doing? Martial law and lock us down??
    He had already disbanded/cut/fired everyone except Fauci - so there was no one left to provide guidance.....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...xits-abruptly/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    He had already disbanded/cut/fired everyone except Fauci - so there was no one left to provide guidance.....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...xits-abruptly/
    Can't read .. don't have a subscription. Maybe so tho .. I don't know.

I just know Pelosi, Schumer, Cuomo, and others are on the record as not concerned with it around that time either too.

ETA: And my question still stands on what he should do now that he isn't doing? Dems fixin to try and pass out $5 trill additional dollars to folks. Seems like some folks might be concerned with their kids/grandkids future but instead seems like they concerned with their parents/grandparents health or their own.

And FWIW ... not a republican or democrat either.
    Last edited by dawgday166; 05-13-2020 at 06:04 PM.

vCash
    Things are opening up and I'm glad. Outdoor venues in Alabama are opening up for live music. My son will be performing multiple shows in Huntsville starting next week. It's about damn time we get back some of our normalcy. It'll be interesting to see how many people they let congregate and if we'll have to wear masks. I'll probably be wearing one regardless.

vCash
    Except we know it does.

Even in places more densely populated.

It worked in Hong Kong and South Korea.

And you have to spend more than 5 minutes with each person( or close to them) to be a contact. That 8 hours of close talking to 100 different people.

You guys act like it's impossible. But it is done.

The White House is doing it.
    Hong Kong? Come on now. There is no tangible, scientific data showing contact tracing has worked or will work with this virus. SK model was test like crazy on the front end and isolate. Proactive. Contact tracing is reactive. It doesn't work with this virus, unfortunately. If you started showing symptoms quickly after contracting the virus (Ebola), it would work great.

And if the prerequisite to be a contact is more than 5 minutes close to a person, that tells you it's never going to work. You can spread the virus to 100 people a day and never be around any of them more than 5 minutes.

vCash
    Taken in good ole Hickory, MS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Hong Kong? Come on now. There is no tangible, scientific data showing contact tracing has worked or will work with this virus. SK model was test like crazy on the front end and isolate. Proactive. Contact tracing is reactive. It doesn't work with this virus, unfortunately. If you started showing symptoms quickly after contracting the virus (Ebola), it would work great.

And if the prerequisite to be a contact is more than 5 minutes close to a person, that tells you it's never going to work. You can spread the virus to 100 people a day and never be around any of them more than 5 minutes.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7045882/
    https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-...ontact-tracing
    https://hbr.org/2020/04/how-digital-...9-in-east-asia
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cmN6tZmx0M
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-...Czech_Republic

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post

Lmbo!

vCash
    None of those provide scientific data that contract tracing was the reason for any slow of the spread of covid. Lot of good theories about how it could work in other countries though via digital tracking and closed circuit monitoring of humans' movement.

More importantly, you can't enforce digital tracking and closed circuit monitoring of Americans. I suppose the govt could try it, but every court in America would strike it down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post

Hey I have family there (surprised, aren't you?)
    Hack why you in hickory?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Can't read .. don't have a subscription. Maybe so tho .. I don't know.

I just know Pelosi, Schumer, Cuomo, and others are on the record as not concerned with it around that time either too.

ETA: And my question still stands on what he should do now that he isn't doing? Dems fixin to try and pass out $5 trill additional dollars to folks. Seems like some folks might be concerned with their kids/grandkids future but instead seems like they concerned with their parents/grandparents health or their own.

And FWIW ... not a republican or democrat either.
    I'm not "affiliated" with either party either, but I was just pointing out that he essentially cut integral positions for a pandemic of this nature.

This whole thing has gone from saving lives to being very political. I know the OP wanted to keep politics out of the discussion, but you can't. When governors and mayors start reducing our liberties as citizens under the guise of health - it's scary. You have people who have worked their lives building a business, only to have it decimated because politicians won't allow citizens to make their own individual decisions regarding taking the proper precautions to stay safe.

Blue states/cities want this to extend as long as possible, while red states/cities are taking their cues from a sociopath.

No win situation for the average Joe.